Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

The sooner the festival can get to fully Apple Pay (or equivalent) the better. No need to take cash then, and whilst you have a phone it’s one less item to worry about.

The fact people feel the needs to do this makes me so angry but sadly I’m not surprised by what some people do.

Given that 95 percent and rising of stalls take contactless already, and that most banks allow you to freeze your card when not in use, it's already possible to minimize risk in a very effective way.

If someone had done over my tent last night, they'd have got at most about 30 quid in cash, a card that they couldn't use and a phone that isn't worth much.

There's really no need for the festival to try and ban cash and definitely not to go towards any form of proprietary solution(s). That'd be a shit thing to do, it's solving one problem by creating 3 others. Rather they spent the time and effort trying to go after the scumbags. The public can help in this by using the lock ups for any large sums or anything valuable like expensive cameras etc, as has been advised since forever.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:07 PM, scorp said:

Here ya go - info re this year's event in November. Best to get a ticket when they come out, cuz they sell out.     https://www.officialkinksfanclub.co.uk/category/news/   I wonder if they're on sale already. Looks like it.  You could email Bill Orton and ask billorton@officialkinksfanclub.co.uk

Thanks scorp. Will definitely do it some year. We've the Frank & Walters and Indie Daze on the 4/5th Oct in London . Highly unlikely to get back across the following month. If going, have a blast 

10 hours ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Thanks scorp. Will definitely do it some year. We've the Frank & Walters and Indie Daze on the 4/5th Oct in London . Highly unlikely to get back across the following month. If going, have a blast 

Thanks. I'll look into that.  I've made it to Glastonbury town.  3 hours and no jams the way i came. Could hear music [a distant boom boom sort of thing] from the festival, even at 2 in the morning, from 5 or 6 miles away.  Now listening to Frank & Walters on youtube ?

Some of my not so distant ancestors are from Tuam in Ireland.  At Glasto Fest 4 years ago i chatted with two different groups of people, all Irish.  Never met them before, and the two groups were unknown to each other. Most were born or bred in Tuam or work there.  That was very bizarre, because it's a small place and we were all on a farm in Somerset...

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, Emily Frazier said:

I swear this has been the worst year ever, too many tears! ?...Couple of times in the past relied on the resale but the resale gods were always good to me!  What a year!.... I'll be keeping my eyes peeled but If anyone hears of any other opportunities at Glastonbury hit me up....?

:) hope you got lucky

What I've heard on another site is there are a lot of fake tickets this year.. how true I wouldn't know.

Just spoke to someone there and they say the crowds are huge , which makes moving around in the heat pretty miserable .

As much as I so want to be there, I know I wouldn't cope in the this heat . It;'s bad enough for me at home but in such a busy place I would be missing so much trying to stay out of it.

My mind is thinking that many won't want to go next year leaving more for the unlucky camp ... well it might work 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I know I wouldn't cope in the this heat . It;'s bad enough for me at home but in such a busy place I would be missing so much trying to stay out of it.

is this year going to get hotter than 2010? that was tough, probably as tough as the mud in 2016, every bit of shade was full of people trying to get a break from the heat and going into the big tents didn't help as they all became saunas

in all honesty I enquired with a local estate agent this morning about a cottage to let in Pilton, but it's already gone to referencing stage so unlikely to be available now.

It's only 9 miles from where we currently live and extra commute would be no big issue....so we're on the mailing list now for anything else that comes up.

Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Just spoke to someone there and they say the crowds are huge , which makes moving around in the heat pretty miserable .

As much as I so want to be there, I know I wouldn't cope in the this heat 

Feeling that. I hate the heat when I can't get out of it or it's just to hit to even get shade anywhere. I'm at work with uber hay fever and sweating, thinking maybe dodging this year was a wise choice. 

4 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

What I've heard on another site is there are a lot of fake tickets this year.. how true I wouldn't know.

As much as I so want to be there, I know I wouldn't cope in the this heat . It;'s bad enough for me at home but in such a busy place I would be missing so much trying to stay out of it.

My mind is thinking that many won't want to go next year leaving more for the unlucky camp ... well it might work 

The heat is difficult when you can't escape it but that sunshine looks amazing at home on the TV. 

1 hour ago, gmb1992 said:

What really?! That's scary!

Do you think they were punters with tickets and registrations or do you reckon they snuck in?

Or they're volunteering or are paid workers, or associates of the old new age travellers. Maybe a combo. 

1 hour ago, bluedaisy said:

The heat is difficult when you can't escape it but that sunshine looks amazing at home on the TV. 

it does doesn't it, but so many suffering, especially the hay fever sufferers.

I honestly don't think I'd manage especially when it's even hotter tomorrow.

Sunday is looking much better ..lets hope so and hope no-one gets majorly poorly in this 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

it does doesn't it, but so many suffering, especially the hay fever sufferers.

I honestly don't think I'd manage especially when it's even hotter tomorrow.

Sunday is looking much better ..lets hope so and hope no-one gets majorly poorly in this 

A festival like Boomtown is better suited to the heat as it has lots of woodland areas and the sets themselves create a fair amount of shade.

18 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

A festival like Boomtown is better suited to the heat as it has lots of woodland areas and the sets themselves create a fair amount of shade.

I'm off to Ramblin Man in 3 weeks so hoping it isn't the same sort of heat... nowhere near as many people so hopefully a few shady bars 

Dehydration and Heatstroke will take a few hundred out over the next couple of days i'm sure. There are so few areas to get shade around the main outdoor stages. Somewhere like the Glade will be lovely though.

In 2010 when it was similar, we got a bit lazy about seeing bands, had a lot of water runs, drinking lots of water and outdoor showering etc. Had a great afternoon nap under a gazebo as well before getting back on it in the evenings.

Edited by robillustrates

11 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Dehydration and Heatstroke will take a few hundred out over the next couple of days i'm sure. There are so few areas to get shade around the main outdoor stages. Somewhere like the Glade will be lovely though.

In 2010 when it was similar, we got a bit lazy about seeing bands, had a lot of water runs, drinking lots of water and outdoor showering etc. Had a great afternoon nap under a gazebo as well before getting back on it in the evenings.

I think you were right.. I've told mine to stay under the shade all day and chin wag and have fun... head out a lot later and enjoy then... I think she is  but who knows.

I hate being a parent when I can't be there with this heat  and she's only 30 !!!!

There is a half decent view of the site from the top of the tor. The Other Stage and its flashing lights were very visible at 8.30 tonight. Lots of people up there. The faint sound of thump thump music could be heard, maybe coming from the main dance venue. 

Edited by scorp

On 6/27/2019 at 12:56 PM, Gashead86 said:

Right, I don't think I can hack this Glasto FOMO for the next 4 fecking days! I'm gonna bin off work tomorrow and head down tonight. 

I am only an hour away anyway, so worst case scenario I drive home having being unsuccessful, but at least I can say I tried! 

I have mates camped just off the forest area near John Peel.. This gives me an instantly available hideout should the unthinkable happen and I somehow manage to blag my way in.. With this in mind I think the most Northern Part of the site (near the actual farm) is going to be the most logical point of attack.. 

My plan is to at first try some of the local pubs, keep my ears open for anyone offering a way in to the site... If that fails (and lets be honest, it probably will!) I am going to head to Red gate at the North of the site and suss it out.. Just a wonder past to start with to see how the land lies.. If I think it is under manned I am tempted to just absolutely boot it at the gate and see if I can break through! 

If (as I suspect will be the case) charging the gate is completely out of the question then it will be a case of going to ground, waiting for the cover of darkness and then trying to find any weak points along the perimeter.. 

I know it is a bit of a crazy plan and I know it probably won't work! But the last time I was unable to get a ticket was 2015 and I have regretted every day since not at least trying to get in! Don't want to have the same regrets about this year. 

If there is anyone else out there as stupid as me and fancies a challenge then I am more than happy to meet up somewhere and attack this together. 

Let me know. 

so did you make it in then?

On 6/28/2019 at 9:39 AM, scorp said:

Thanks. I'll look into that.  I've made it to Glastonbury town.  3 hours and no jams the way i came. Could hear music [a distant boom boom sort of thing] from the festival, even at 2 in the morning, from 5 or 6 miles away.  Now listening to Frank & Walters on youtube ?

Some of my not so distant ancestors are from Tuam in Ireland.  At Glasto Fest 4 years ago i chatted with two different groups of people, all Irish.  Never met them before, and the two groups were unknown to each other. Most were born or bred in Tuam or work there.  That was very bizarre, because it's a small place and we were all on a farm in Somerset...

It's a small world and getting smaller scorp! So close yet so far! Hope you stopped into the Rainbows End for a feed, love that place!

Hope you enjoyed The Franks! Played Glastonbury in 1994, be something if they got a slot next year! 

https://youtu.be/TPzEkY3G-Fc