Bowie at Glasto

Wooderson

On 10/23/2018 at 8:49 PM, DJL said:

This made me look at the 2008 line-up as a whole - wow there was a lot of lot of generic indie music and a lot of bands playing more than one stage. I didn't realise quite how unfair it was to attribute the poor sales that year to Jay-Z...

There was also Elbow and Neon Neon on the Other Stage who were both amazng.

I remember being pretty bored during The Verve and Massive Attack and KOL seemed like they would go on forever before we walked off. It was a good festival though. 

I can't remember what else without looking.

6 hours ago, Glastocat said:

Imo though after talking to people at the time the poor ticket sales were nigh on totally down to the previous years weather conditions, which were apparently atrocious (although my mate still rates it as his favourite festival).

They must have been on something better than me in 07, there was a cracking line up but the weather was nigh on as relentless as I've ever experienced from 85 onwards and it's one of the only times I ever chipped off on the Sunday rather than staying for the duration.  

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I was there and with a bunch of folks who all like him, but didn't really get captivated as so many others seem to describe it when they look back.

Oh dear, the legend never lives up to the hype. Watching it now and don't feel the vibes mentioned in the article in the Guardian. I'm rather disappointed now, my expectation was built up because of that article. Stoopid newspapers. 

There's no Ooomph. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Watching this on BBC4 with an indifferent fucking husband who was actually there and me wishing I was. He doesn't like Bowie. Believe me I married him in spite of this. 

Every time Bowie comes up in conversation, he never fails to tell me how he doesn't like Bowie. Which is frankly ridiculous!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Every time Bowie comes up in conversation, he never fails to tell me how he doesn't like Bowie. Which is frankly ridiculous!

If ever needed I will use it as grounds for divorce. i currently tolerate the situation much like I tolerate his Man Utd support. Urgh. 

This a top rendition of Golden Years. LOVING that all this is finally being broadcast, Awww brilliant.

Get this queued up for afterwards btw, it's a stunning piece of work from Soulwax/2manydjs. A straight up mix of Bowie and Bowie-adjacent stuff, with a dreamy film to accompany it. Promise it's worth an hour of your time!!

https://vimeo.com/53207758

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Simpo said:

This a top rendition of Golden Years. LOVING that all this is finally being broadcast, Awww brilliant.

Get this queued up for afterwards btw, it's a stunning piece of work from Soulwax/2manydjs. A straight up mix of Bowie and Bowie-adjacent stuff, with a dreamy film to accompany it. Promise it's worth an hour of your time!!

https://vimeo.com/53207758

It is. A great mix.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Were all stage productions so sparse for the headliners back then?

Also, the set list doesn't seem to be matching this:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-bowie/2000/worthy-farm-pilton-england-1bd40158.html

Only showing an hour, think the full thing is coming out later in the year.