AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

7 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

I don´t think, he had posted many other artworks of Banksy. However it would be nice.

Don't think so either but he might be hinting at a reveal soon of sorts 

24 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Ok, plot twist: I watched a TV. Portugal will receive something like a Banksy's exhibition 😑

...really? that's what it was all about? wow

1 hour ago, joaommaia said:

Ok, plot twist: I watched a TV. Portugal will receive something like a Banksy's exhibition 😑

It started a month ago, I don't think he was talking about that...

On 2/15/2019 at 1:20 PM, Sam_2316 said:

Dont worry mate, ive got inside knowledge, the announcement is tomorrow...set to be big...

And the award for least convincing/most pointless lie goes to...

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Snow Patrol - Meo Marés Vivas 

They wouldn't come either way, they were here last year

Since the announcements are on fire I'm going off topic: 

a question to the locals, what can I do in Lisbon or nearby to satisfy the sportman inside me? Beside surf are there some other things to do (bicycle routes, excursions, good beaches where to swim...)?

(I've already been in Portugal so I already know the area a bit).

Very thanks in advance and finger crossed for an imminent announcement :D

Nos Alive loves to announce bands that play their own show first (in small/medium venues). We have the examples in this edition with Idles , Vetusta Morla and Xavier Rudd.

Will it happen again and they will announce Massive Attack for Nos ALive ?

Edited by Tigane

19 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Will it happen again and they will announce Massive Attack for Nos ALive ?

With the shitshow (or rather a no-show) in the case of Mad Cool 18 - I doubt it.

Still, they are far better than most names still in contention. Also, far bigger than the names you mentioned as examples...

• Upvote 1

TRNSMT announced their line up last night which is on the Friday and Saturday of NOS along with the Sunday. Very poppy line up and probably rules out most of them for NOS. Sadly Flo wasn’t on the line up and I’ve a horrible feeling she’ll end up at NOS

That TRNSMT lineup is not my bag at all so not bothered about missing those. Like Fontaines DC but will be other chances to see them.

2 hours ago, jplewes said:

It is crazy now. Wonder what the ticket sales are like.

I'd imagine you can still get a day ticket for the Friday if you're quick...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jplewes said:

That TRNSMT lineup is not my bag at all so not bothered about missing those. Like Fontaines DC but will be other chances to see them.

Agreed it's pretty brutal.  They seem to have changed strategy this year and aimed for a really young crowd.  I looked over the line up last night and there isn't one act I'd be bothered about seeing

Tash Sultana - looks the floodgates have officially opened!

Edit: just realised she was already announced - and quite high up too - I've just never heard of her. Still, Nos have just posted that they're excited to see her - so that's nice.

Edited by Homer

27 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Agreed it's pretty brutal.  They seem to have changed strategy this year and aimed for a really young crowd.  I looked over the line up last night and there isn't one act I'd be bothered about seeing

Tbf, looking at TRNSMT 2017 and 2018, I don't see much of a difference except for the headliners. Still only the occasional act I would really want to see. I think they'll need to diversify or they'll end up booking the same acts every other year. I guess Stormzy is a step in that direction. 

For NOS and Mad Cool, no announcements and not even some rumours... I'm probably waiting for a huge let down regarding that final headliner...

40 minutes ago, Homer said:

Edit: just realised she was already announced - and quite high up too - I've just never heard of her. Still, Nos have just posted that they're excited to see her - so that's nice.

Tash has some great songs, have a listen. Jungle, Notion, Blackbird, Murder to the Mind. Looks a good performer too from videos. Also very likely to be at Glasto.

56 minutes ago, Homer said:

Think she's only that high up considering that there aren't a lot of acts announced for the same day that she is playing 

• Upvote 1