Pumpkins??

Zoo Music Girl

On 7/14/2018 at 2:06 PM, dentalplan said:

Setlist from first tour show. I like that they included a song offa Dumbo solely to get @GETOFFAMYLAWN to part with his reddies.

1. Disarm
  2. Rocket
  3. Siva
  4. Rhinoceros
  5. Space Oddity (David Bowie cover)
  6. Drown
  7. Zero
  8. The Everlasting Gaze
  9. Stand Inside Your Love
  10. Thirty-Three
  11. Eye
  12. Soma
  13. Blew Away (First performance since 2000)
  14. For Martha
  15. To Sheila
  16. Mayonaise
  17. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
  18. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac cover)
  19. Tonight, Tonight
  20. Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin cover)
  21. Cherub Rock
  22. 1979
  23. Ava Adore
  24. Try, Try, Try (First performance since 2008)
  25. The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning
  26. Hummer
  27. Today
  28. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
  29. Muzzle
    :
  30. Solara
  31. Baby Mine (Disney cover)

That's a tasty playlist.

It's on spotify, missing the Bowie/Led Zep cover thou.

https://open.spotify.com/user/smashingpumpkinsofficial/playlist/1EYxweVt0HyES6fs9GzlEG?si=1I2HFUWSTkabu8Dflqoh-Q

• 3 weeks later...

Last night. Wtf. How much must WPC like Sugar Ray?

1. Rocket
  2. Siva
  3. Rhinoceros
  4. Zero
  5. The Everlasting Gaze
  6. Stand Inside Your Love
  7. Thirty-Three
  8. Eye
  9. Soma
  10. Blew Away
  11. Mayonaise
  12. Bodies (with Chino Moreno) (First performance since 2008)
  13. Snail (with Chino Moreno) (First full band performance since 2000)
  14. Tonight, Tonight
  15. Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin cover)
  16. Cherub Rock (with Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer)
  17. 1979 (with Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer)
  18. Fly (Sugar Ray cover) (with Mark McGrath) (Live debut by SP)
  19. Breaking the Law (Judas Priest cover) (with Mark McGrath) (Live debut by SP)
  20. Today
  21. Celebrity Skin (Hole cover) (with Courtney Love) (Live debut by SP)
  22. Malibu (Hole cover) (with Courtney Love)
  23. Bullet With Butterfly Wings (with Courtney Love)
  24. Age of Consent (New Order cover) (with Peter Hook) (Live debut by SP)
  25. Transmission (Joy Division cover) (with Peter Hook and Davey Havok)
  26. Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division cover) (with Peter Hook, Davey Havok and Courtney Love) (Live debut by SP)
    Encore:
  27. Solara
  28. Baby Mine (Betty Noyes cover)
Edited by dentalplan

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also just seen all the Joy Division stuff! Fucking hell! Where was this gig?

New Jersey. It was the band's 30th birthday gig. And there'll be no Courtney bashing!

Bodies is a big one for me, I hope that works its way into the normal tour setlist. I imagine Chino's vocals lend very well to that song as well.

Just now, dentalplan said:

New Jersey. It was the band's 30th birthday gig. And there'll be no Courtney bashing!

Bodies is a big one for me, I hope that works its way into the normal tour setlist. I imagine Chino's vocals lend very well to that song as well.

You took the words right out of my mouth re Bodies, always one of my favourite Pumpkins songs. You got tickets for the October gigs? Are they sold out now? Couldn't find much except VIP from just searching (not that I'm about to buy, was just hoping for the possibility of knockdown tickets later on). 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You took the words right out of my mouth re Bodies, always one of my favourite Pumpkins songs. You got tickets for the October gigs? Are they sold out now? Couldn't find much except VIP from just searching (not that I'm about to buy, was just hoping for the possibility of knockdown tickets later on). 

Sadly not. It's out of my range at the moment, but it's looking better value with every setlist. Three hours of classic Pumpkins material is worth £20-odd more than your average arena touring band ain't it?

I'm hoping that this arena show was a feeler for demand and the tour will come back to Europe next year. Apart from general standing behind the Gold Circle (ughh), the tickets still seem widely available so hopefully that means next tour they play slightly smaller venues with no Gold Circle! ? Guessing some tickets might come down a bit as they're still not clearing at the moment.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Sadly not. It's out of my range at the moment, but it's looking better value with every setlist. Three hours of classic Pumpkins material is worth £20-odd more than your average arena touring band ain't it?

I'm hoping that this arena show was a feeler for demand and the tour will come back to Europe next year. Apart from general standing behind the Gold Circle (ughh), the tickets still seem widely available so hopefully that means next tour they play slightly smaller venues with no Gold Circle! ? Guessing some tickets might come down a bit as they're still not clearing at the moment.

Yeah, same, I just can't quite stretch to it at the moment. Like you I'd hope for a return next year. I'm still crazily going to hope for Glastonbury, purely on the basis that they played in 2013 and I didn't expect them then. But I appreciate it's a long shot and there are other options likely more appealing to them. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, same, I just can't quite stretch to it at the moment. Like you I'd hope for a return next year. I'm still crazily going to hope for Glastonbury, purely on the basis that they played in 2013 and I didn't expect them then. But I appreciate it's a long shot and there are other options likely more appealing to them. 

Maybe. William seems to love the place more than your average American rocker does, and it's about the same gap as LCD's 2011 and 2016 gigs via reunion. It's really tough to tell what they'll get when it comes to festivals next year...

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On that, though, could they headline Pyramid? Would they? If Metallica and Arcade Fire can...?

I could definitely call this one though. :P They didn't headline with the original lineup twenty years ago, while they were headlining Reading and things like that, so I can't see them headlining the Pyramid ever. I think this reunion would have had to really have captured the public's imagination, which it hasn't really at all.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, Quark said:

Needs more Adore :)

I could definitely call this one though. :P They didn't headline with the original lineup twenty years ago, while they were headlining Reading and things like that, so I can't see them headlining the Pyramid ever. I think this reunion would have had to really have captured the public's imagination, which it hasn't really at all.

Both very fair points!

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh no. Is this going to be like when I saw she was on Drag Race and I was really excited and then she just seemed heavily medicated and spaced out? :(

:yes: She was visibly reading the chorus to Bullet With Butterfly Wings. I wouldn't anticipate her knowing every word of the song but I think even people who have barely heard the band ever know that chorus.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

:yes: She was visibly reading the chorus to Bullet With Butterfly Wings. I wouldn't anticipate her knowing every word of the song but I think even people who have barely heard the band ever know that chorus.

It's hardly the most complex passage of text to remember!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, dentalplan said:

Last night. Wtf. How much must WPC like Sugar Ray?

1. Rocket
  2. Siva
  3. Rhinoceros
  4. Zero
  5. The Everlasting Gaze
  6. Stand Inside Your Love
  7. Thirty-Three
  8. Eye
  9. Soma
  10. Blew Away
  11. Mayonaise
  12. Bodies (with Chino Moreno) (First performance since 2008)
  13. Snail (with Chino Moreno) (First full band performance since 2000)
  14. Tonight, Tonight
  15. Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin cover)
  16. Cherub Rock (with Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer)
  17. 1979 (with Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer)
  18. Fly (Sugar Ray cover) (with Mark McGrath) (Live debut by SP)
  19. Breaking the Law (Judas Priest cover) (with Mark McGrath) (Live debut by SP)
  20. Today
  21. Celebrity Skin (Hole cover) (with Courtney Love) (Live debut by SP)
  22. Malibu (Hole cover) (with Courtney Love)
  23. Bullet With Butterfly Wings (with Courtney Love)
  24. Age of Consent (New Order cover) (with Peter Hook) (Live debut by SP)
  25. Transmission (Joy Division cover) (with Peter Hook and Davey Havok)
  26. Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division cover) (with Peter Hook, Davey Havok and Courtney Love) (Live debut by SP)
    Encore:
  27. Solara
  28. Baby Mine (Betty Noyes cover)

Not a bad set list, Eye in particular would be good to hear live. I'd love to hear Snail, so underplayed and in my top 5 favourites of theirs. Wish they played more from Adore, Tear would be good. I'd love to hear some rarities like Aeroplane, Atom Bomb, etc too. There's only so many times you can hear "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" over and over again. 

• 3 weeks later...

They've released a new song "Silvery Sometime (Ghosts)" which will probably be on YouTube, Spotify, etc. soon. Pretty dull, makes Solara seem exciting (although I've been enjoying that more and more on repeat listens). Lauren Laverne said there's an album coming out in November produced by Rick Rubin. No hopes for it but roll on more tour dates...

They've released a new song "Silvery Sometime (Ghosts)" which will probably be on YouTube, Spotify, etc. soon. Pretty dull, makes Solara seem exciting (although I've been enjoying that more and more on repeat listens). Lauren Laverne said there's an album coming out in November produced by Rick Rubin. No hopes for it but roll on more tour dates...

Forgot they had their own thread - just posted this in new music.

Yeah new song is a bit of a plodder but really hope it means a bigger tour, although a new album can only mean more new shit being thrown in to the mix which is unfortunate. Maybe Billy will keep the new stuff to a minimum what with it being a continuation of the 'reformation'. Not excited for the new album at all though.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Forgot they had their own thread - just posted this in new music.

Yeah new song is a bit of a plodder but really hope it means a bigger tour, although a new album can only mean more new shit being thrown in to the mix which is unfortunate. Maybe Billy will keep the new stuff to a minimum what with it being a continuation of the 'reformation'. Not excited for the new album at all though.

If they carry on doing three hours, I'll let them off if they want to shuffle four new songs in there to try and shift some new records from the merch stall.

• Upvote 1