Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The View :lol:

Gerry Cinnamon will sell tickets if Celine Dion is in front of him. You could put literally anyone there. It wouldn't make The Prodigy a major festival headliner in Scotland in 2019 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ill be fair on both sides here, catfish sold a decent amount (say 25k) tickets but this was with a strong support and ticket discounts ( although the tickets went pretty quick on sale so were taken back off) i dont think prodigy are headliners anymore, probably subs now if its a decent headliner. 

out of the 3 acts rumoured to be headlining in catfish, ezra and stormzy i would see catfish as capable of selling the most tickets to a festival in glasgow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DomDom1984 said:

The View :lol:

Gerry Cinnamon will sell tickets if Celine Dion is in front of him. You could put literally anyone there. It wouldn't make The Prodigy a major festival headliner in Scotland in 2019 though.

FFS take a break and stop being so precious I was kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rawzyj said:

ill be fair on both sides here, catfish sold a decent amount (say 25k) tickets but this was with a strong support and ticket discounts ( although the tickets went pretty quick on sale so were taken back off) i dont think prodigy are headliners anymore, probably subs now if its a decent headliner. 

out of the 3 acts rumoured to be headlining in catfish, ezra and stormzy i would see catfish as capable of selling the most tickets to a festival in glasgow.

I'd guess Ezra will be the bigger seller of the three. He's an absolute superstar at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not forget that the last time The Prodigy headlined TITP was 1998. Since then, they've only ever headlined the second stage (2005/2008/2010/2015). They simply aren't a main stage headliner these days. 

And a lineup of Prodigy/Cinnamon/View would probably sell well in spite of them, not because of. The crowd attending would disappear come headliner time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Only reason that would sell is Gerry. Also replace Prodigy with Catfish and it'll sell way better, this isn't hard.

I WAS KIDDING....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

So you say The Prodigy would sell out trnsmt with a good support but can't actually justify it?

Justify what ??

Are you telling me if the Prodigy were headlining with a good-very good undercard it wouldn’t sell out?

Think we’re better agreeing to disagree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The "kidding" thing would be more convincing if it wasn't less ludicrous than other stuff you've been trying.

Aye cause I want to see the view and Gerry Cinnamon :) 

Your far to serious about this chief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Threestripes said:

Justify what ??

Are you telling me if the Prodigy were headlining with a good-very good undercard it wouldn’t sell out?

Think we’re better agreeing to disagree 

Mate, Arctic Monkeys didn't sell this out last year or The Killers and you still think The Prodigy would? They couldn't sell out the SECC lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

Mate, Arctic Monkeys didn't sell this out last year or The Killers and you still think The Prodigy would? They couldn't sell out the SECC lol.

FFS ok it would sell a good number of tickets

That better?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arctic Monkeys sold out their first single day allocation btw. Them and Liam Gallagher were the only ones of the five to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Arctic Monkeys sold out their first single day allocation btw. Them and Liam Gallagher were the only ones of the five to do so.

It was very busy, just didn't recall it getting the 'sold out' tag like LG did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

It was very busy, just didn't recall it getting the 'sold out' tag like LG did.

It didn't sell out when more went on sale later on. It was definitely sold out not long after the first announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Threestripes said:

FFS ok it would sell a good number of tickets

That better?

 

Closer to being accurate but not quite there. I mean it's just never gonna happen along with bands like The Who that you've mentioned. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment , especially when we basically know the headliners already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lau2327 said:

you got any more info on lineup still this week?

Nah nothing, I was only told 'soon' yesterday, which i said here, and they tweeted out about 20 mins later saying coming soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could see a day like Catfish/Snow Patrol/ The Wombats/ Lewis Capadi/ Sam Fender selling very well.

Then maybe Bastille subbing Ezra and Gerry subbing Stormzy maybe just to put him on the day that'll sell the least(I'm guesing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Closer to being accurate but not quite there. I mean it's just never gonna happen along with bands like The Who that you've mentioned. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment , especially when we basically know the headliners already.

Aye mate gave up on the Who all I’m hoping for is a good undercard one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Aye mate gave up on the Who all I’m hoping for is a good undercard one day.

Not to be mean but there's probs tonnes of other festivals out there that are way more to your taste. It's defo a weak year for headliners this year tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...