7 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Easy.

Chemical brothers are bigger than Gerry Cinnamon.........

:lol: 

43 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

the second i read that top line i knew i would find this article hilarious.

i then read for around 20 seconds, and basically got that arctic monkeys were rubbish and liam gallagher and the killers should be "nowhere near" headline status. immediately closed the article and proceeded to call you an idiot in the forum.

please give up writing about music. 

yours sincerely.

everyone.

Sums my thoughts up neatly

Waiting this late I feel it’s going to be very average and they’re scrambling a line up, or they’re waiting to drop an absolute bomb of a left field line up no one is expecting. 

I’m hoping for the latter as the “in the know” people on this forum never actually commit to anything, they’re very smart with their answers in actually not answering anything. 

17 minutes ago, Quackers- said:

Catfish just released a new song not sure if this is linked to the lineup being released 

No. They are releasing a new album, and bands generally release singles before the album drops

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Callum Thornhill said:

After a fantastic 2017 and a not-so-fantastic 2018, I've taken a punt on who I think will headline TRNSMT 2019:

https://loosecardiganofideas.com/2019/02/13/trnsmt-2019/

What does everyone think to my predictions?

You stated Liam Gallagher, The Killers and Stereophonics haven't been relevant for a long time then immediately state suitable headliners of The Doves and Ian Brown?

I think I could handle Chemical Brothers closing a night if it was in front of the actual headliner in some sort of special guest closing slot, but TRNSMT not booking DJ acts nixes it, and they'd need to extend the curfew for it to work. They got rid of the late curfew last year.

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think I could handle Chemical Brothers closing a night if it was in front of the actual headliner in some sort of special guest closing slot, but TRNSMT not booking DJ acts nixes it, and they'd need to extend the curfew for it to work. They got rid of the late curfew last year.

That would be ideal, a 1am late license with someone like them on from half 11-1, will never ever happen though.

22 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think so too. @eFestivals could this happen? Seems to be more active than many of the festivals that have their own section. All Points East probably too.

Where you around in the old Titp forums? It was like the wild west and we weren't trusted to have a dedicated forum any more. 

Think we don't have a trnsmt forum by association. 

• Upvote 3

Looks like we made it to 100 pages. This has been some thread so far. Heard the new catfish song as well, I’m hoping for Friday as the announcement then presale next Wednesday maybe

1 hour ago, CV022011 said:

While we’re at it, does anyone else think we’ll get to 100 pages before the lineup? It would be quite the achievement

Never happen.

21 minutes ago, Paulk2904 said:

Where you around in the old Titp forums? It was like the wild west and we weren't trusted to have a dedicated forum any more. 

Aye there was some right idiots in that forum that ruined it for everyone! 

Seem to remember someone called discobadger? Might be making that up though 😂

my predictions (wouldn’t be a massive fan of this lineup (also wouldn’t be surprised if chem brothers appeared (they have london, and manchester headline festivals, so would make sense to have a scottish date somewhere))

friday- STORMZY, the streets, gerry cinnamon, giggs slaves, loyle carner, kano, idles, lady leshurr, slowthai, ladybird

saturday- CATFISH, richard ashcroft, wolf alice, johnny marr, the amazons, dma’s, tom grennan, sam fender

sunday- GEORGE EZRA, (special guest) snow patrol, bastille, the vaccines, kodaline, razorlight, kate nash

Edited by maxdillon7

I'd go on that Sunday and then leave before Ezra comes on. Although I'd replace Bastille or The Vaccines with Keane.

Going for something like:

Stormzy, Young Fathers, The Streets, Slowthai, Bugzy Malone 

Catfish, Gerry Cinnamon, Ian Brown, DMA's, Slaves, Editors, The Snuts

George Ezra, Snow Patrol, Lilly Allen, Lewis Capaldi, The Vaccines, The Fratellis, The Big Moon   

Edit: Add in one more rap orientated act on the Stormzy day, I'm not too well versed on they kinda acts. 

Edited by 67MTR

10 minutes ago, 67MTR said:

Going for something like:

Stormzy, Young Fathers, The Streets, Slowthai, Bugzy Malone 

Catfish, Gerry Cinnamon, Ian Brown, DMA's, Slaves, Editors, The Snuts

George Ezra, Snow Patrol, Lilly Allen, Lewis Capaldi, The Vaccines, The Fratellis, The Big Moon   

Edit: Add in one more rap orientated act on the Stormzy day, I'm not too well versed on they kinda acts. 

Public enemy 

54 minutes ago, Paulk2904 said:

Think I was here from 2014-16 and it had it's own section then I think

Public Enemy would be an extraordinary booking, but their Gods of Rap thing at the Hydro probably rules them out.

• Upvote 1