Let's have a go then:

FRIDAY

Main: Liam Gallagher // Haim // Bombay Bicycle Club // Dave
R1: Marshmello

SATURDAY

Main: Stormzy // Two Door Cinema Club // Slaves // Nothing But Thieves
R1: Don Broco

SUNDAY

Main: Bring Me The Horizon // Major Lazer // Tyler The Creator // Everything Everything
R1: Glass Animals

Could swap out BMTH with Catfish, can't really decide who is more likely (don't think they'd need to coheadline, but would probably sell really well if they do)

EDIT: In hindsight isn't R&L due another Fall Out Boy appearance?

Stormzy, Liam and Catfish either outright or co-headline, really Catfish don't need another to help but I could see them having a strong sub. Ideally Paramore and Catfish would co-headline.

Edited by thewayiam

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Stormzy, Liam and Catfish either outright or co-headline, really Catfish don't need another to help but I could see them having a strong sub. Ideally Paramore and Catfish would co-headline.

I did have Paramore in there but I think Hayley said she was taking a break to focus on her chrity? No idea how long that would last, and I don't think they'd go down to sub either.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Let's have a go then:

FRIDAY

Main: Liam Gallagher // Haim // Bombay Bicycle Club // Dave
R1: Marshmello

SATURDAY

Main: Stormzy // Two Door Cinema Club // Slaves // Nothing But Thieves
R1: Don Broco

SUNDAY

Main: Bring Me The Horizon // Major Lazer // Tyler The Creator // Everything Everything
R1: Glass Animals

Could swap out BMTH with Catfish, can't really decide who is more likely (don't think they'd need to coheadline, but would probably sell really well if they do)

EDIT: In hindsight isn't R&L due another Fall Out Boy appearance?

I'd be happy with this, nice mainstage run on friday, nbt slaves tdcc and don broco on the saturday and you had me at glass animals for sunday (but EE is cool and major lazer for light it up i guess)

Edited by gfa
removed edit

56 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I did have Paramore in there but I think Hayley said she was taking a break to focus on her chrity? No idea how long that would last, and I don't think they'd go down to sub either.

Co-headline headline wouldn't being going down as they've done that already but it would be strange to return and not outright. If BMTH are ever going to get a shot it's likely to be alongside Catfish as no other major festival will offer it. Presuming they are at Glastonbury as well I think it'll that and TRNSMT to be a UK Festival Exclusive to Reading next year and I don't see them sharing it based on that.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Co-headline headline wouldn't being going down as they've done that already but it would be strange to return and not outright. If BMTH are ever going to get a shot it's likely to be alongside Catfish as no other major festival will offer it. Presuming they are at Glastonbury as well I think it'll that and TRNSMT to be a UK Festival Exclusive to Reading next year and I don't see them sharing it based on that.

Ah I thought you were suggesting Hayley and the gang would sub my bad.

15 minutes ago, stanh said:

done another one with fewer acts, and some suggested acts/headliners. but tbh i doubt we'd get both arctics and drake - as together they'd cost a shit ton, but imo would be pretty killer. 

Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 18.51.03.png

Who's Special Guest TBA? I'm on tenterhooks.

48 minutes ago, stanh said:

done another one with fewer acts, and some suggested acts/headliners. but tbh i doubt we'd get both arctics and drake - as together they'd cost a shit ton, but imo would be pretty killer. 

Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 18.51.03.png

I'm keeping with Liam, Stormzy and Catfish co-headline or outright...don't think they'll need co-headline, shove Dua Lipa as you have as a sub and it'll sell well. Major Lazer under Stormzy is the kind of booking waiting to happen and Liam sub I'd go for Wolf Alice potentially though that might be one step too far.

19 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

what

You actually think TDCC would be readily booked now to sub major festivals?, they are only co-headlining Victorious with The Specials on the weak day, headlining Truck Fest and another feat that Elbow are headlining. Not to mention they are only subbing Other at Glastonbury this year which puts them as 3rd down a main stage

was gonna try and hold off a while before posting another but I find this so addictive lol. Anyway, Korn is teasing something and thought it would make good for a bit of a heavier day on the Sunday, most of this is the same as the acts i've predicted before. as much as i don't want him to i cant deny i think stormzy will almost definitely headline next year. also i don't see why Paramore wouldn't co-headline again, im sure they'd be up for heading R&L in any sort of capacity and its been years since they did it with queens of the stone age.

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 01.11.14.png

7 hours ago, dum surfer said:

was gonna try and hold off a while before posting another but I find this so addictive lol. Anyway, Korn is teasing something and thought it would make good for a bit of a heavier day on the Sunday, most of this is the same as the acts i've predicted before. as much as i don't want him to i cant deny i think stormzy will almost definitely headline next year. also i don't see why Paramore wouldn't co-headline again, im sure they'd be up for heading R&L in any sort of capacity and its been years since they did it with queens of the stone age.

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 01.11.14.png

Do you think R&L would share 2 of TRNSMT's headliners from this year?

Not sure about Major Lazer subbing either, it's been ages since R&L have repeated a main stage sub, they seem to try and avoid doing it for whatever reason. Thought Bastille were going to sub again this year but they're R1 headliners instead. Think Major Lazer would more likely coheadline if they're there.

I wouldn’t expect KoRn back anytime soon, Download will be after them with a new album. Parkway Drive are too low and I can’t see them playing anywhere but Main Stage if they did play. They’re future Download headliners and I think that they will get a huge push in terms of where they play the next time they are around to prepare them for that headline slot one day. 

On a separate note, in the space of a year Don Broco have shifted near on 80k tickets in the UK.They played 20 academy dates (1500-2000 cap each) in 2018 and then played an arena tour recently which totalled just over 40k ticketsby itself. That’s taking into account that parts of Nottingham arena was curtained off so there was probably around 7k people there and the very back part of Wembley was too but that sold incredibly well anyway. Compare that to what BMTH played before they subbed back in 2015 and the difference is massive. Don Broco are a big, big band now. 

My point being: Don Broco should sub. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I wouldn’t expect KoRn back anytime soon, Download will be after them with a new album. Parkway Drive are too low and I can’t see them playing anywhere but Main Stage if they did play. They’re future Download headliners and I think that they will get a huge push in terms of where they play the next time they are around to prepare them for that headline slot one day. 

On a separate note, in the space of a year Don Broco have shifted near on 80k tickets in the UK.They played 20 academy dates (1500-2000 cap each) in 2018 and then played an arena tour recently which totalled just over 40k ticketsby itself. That’s taking into account that parts of Nottingham arena was curtained off so there was probably around 7k people there and the very back part of Wembley was too but that sold incredibly well anyway. Compare that to what BMTH played before they subbed back in 2015 and the difference is massive. Don Broco are a big, big band now. 

My point being: Don Broco should sub. 

Did you mean to post this on the YNOT 2019 thread?

13 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don’t think they’d mind having 2 of the previous years TRNSMT headliners. Well, apart from the fact that it would mean Catfish or George Ezra will headline your festival. 

Idk I think they'd avoid it if they can. Not impossible of course, but if there's other options available I can't see why they'd choose to.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Idk I think they'd avoid it if they can. Not impossible of course, but if there's other options available I can't see why they'd choose to.

catfish have massive appeal to R&L audience and if their new album is as massive as the other two FR would be silly not to book them plus they haven't played in years now

and if stormzy's second album does great again FR would be mad not to book him and his probably relatively cheap, he'd sell well at reading with a strong sub or in a co-headline that makes sense. overall it'd be 2 cheap headliners that would sell and suit the demographic