Download 2019

Steve1000

On 1/28/2018 at 8:28 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Give BMTH the headline slot. Otherwise, it's another missed opportunity in the annals of pushing bands up to headline.

They simply aren't big enough. They appeal to a certain section of the alternative community which they are huge in and that allows them to do big shows.  But outside that section they are actively disliked, they just dont have enough crossover attraction. 

Last one before 3pm

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Slash / Halestorm / Tesla / Graveyard / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown

2nd: Rob Zombie / Skindred

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb Of God / Amon Amarth / Anthrax / Power Trip / Venom Prison

2nd: Headliner (don't know what to put here) / Slaves

Tool / Smashing Pumpkins / Die Antwoord / Opeth / Eagles Of Death Metal / The Amity Affliction /Starset / Badflower

2nd: Within Temptation / In Flames

2 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Pumpkins self confirmed on twitter for Tool day

put Die Antwoord on 3rd down and mainstage on sunday is the best place to be in donington in the whole weekend

also that sequence: Die Antwoord - Pumpkins - Tool looks a pretty lot like Reading Festival (not complaining, i really loved it)

2 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Slayer into Slipknot and Pumpkins into Tool is fricken amazing, very happy with that :D

Miles better than last year IMO.

To be honest I loved the line up this year, particularly the 2nd and 4th stages,  but next year is shaping up very nicely.

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

To be honest I loved the line up this year, particularly the 2nd and 4th stages,  but next year is shaping up very nicely.

Oh yeah I thought the other stages was great, but Mainstage was lacking badly imo, and this is already shaping up to be a stronger main.

The worst thing about 2018's lineup it's how many great bands were touring around but did not ended up playing. We had Stone Sour, A Perfect Circle, Alice In Chains, Deftones, Hollywood Vampires, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth and Judas Fucking Priest but none of these played, instead we got Thunder 3rd down on mainstage and Hell Is For Heroes subbing ZE.

Just now, gabrielomachado said:

The worst thing about 2018's lineup it's how many great bands were touring around but did not ended up playing. We had Stone Sour, A Perfect Circle, Alice In Chains, Deftones, Hollywood Vampires, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth and Judas Fucking Priest but none of these played, instead we got Thunder 3rd down on mainstage and Hell Is For Heroes subbing ZE.

Think as you say, that could well have been down to the cost of having GnR there.  I didn't watch a lot on the main this year but thought Zippo was exceptional