Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

Update from a mate who is already there...

Security were not that bad getting in. All friendly. There was a sniffer dog, but only one. Took a while, but not too bad.

Then just had this text

Security are a little bit more dick-ish when you get down into the festival 

There's no marshals like at Glastonbury that are all volunteers, oxfam etc...

It's just all security instead.

Bossing people around a fair bit for medial things.. making people with any sort of flouressance in their clothes, turn them inside out.... making people move their tents it they're taking up too much room. We haven't been bothered, but seen it a bit.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Security were not that bad getting in. All friendly. There was a sniffer dog, but only one. Took a while, but not too bad.

Then just had this text

Bossing people around a fair bit for medial things.. making people with any sort of flouressance in their clothes, turn them inside out.... making people move their tents it they're taking up too much room. We haven't been bothered, but seen it a bit.

Thanks for the heads-up, Fuzz

Let's hope they're not too dickish.

My pre-festival impression of Boomtown is that it is exactly the ethos and vibe that festivals still should be, so fingers crossed some over-zealous chaps aren't there to bring the spirit down.

Have an amazing Boomtown everyone.

Ben

Right then, Boomtown is upon us, setting off in a bit from London for my hometown to then collect a rabble for a Boomtown Stag do, if anyone sees people in matching Sam Marlow t-shirts today, that’ll be us! Anyone has any news on the queues and *ahem* the veracity of the security searches, feel free to leave that information here. 

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Then just had this text

There are Oxfam marshals...I am one and I promise I'm not security and I'm not being a dick :-) But last night when I was watching a crossover point I did see security turn up twice in a dusty looking van and bust two tents. It looked random but i guess they had some inside info? Both times I asked one of the security guys about it and they both didnt know how security had known where to go.... they didnt bring dogs in though.

It also sounds like the main queue is fine but they are searching cars at random and one security guy told me that was going very well! Looking at boomtown fb chat there were also a couple of distraught posts about the car searches.

Just FYI.. :-)

Edited by Sasperella

16 hours ago, bluedaisy said:

I've just seen someone on reddit mention that the ground is "hard as hell" so make sure you have enough tent pegs. 

This is true! We've had a very very fine rain since about 1am though (maybe nor the whole time though...I was asleep for some of that) so maybe its a bit softer now!

22 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Meet is at  7 . Idles at 9. Both doable. Hope to See ya at the bad Apple. I’ll wear an efester black t shirt

I'm already here but cant figure out where the Bad Apple is? Theres not a list of bars in the programme (or, I think there isnt anyway....haha).

18 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yes, Thursday, Sas. 

My Friday night is looking quite trancey and my Sunday night is VERY techno! As I’ve said before, always happy to be around as a rave buddy if you’re on your own.

This all sounds great! Looking forward to meeting all efesters soon. Even if I am a bit nervous! :-)

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm already here but cant figure out where the Bad Apple is? Theres not a list of bars in the programme (or, I think there isnt anyway....haha).

It's in the Town Centre. Go to the stage, and there's a huge bar at the back which is the Bad Apple bar :) It's literally the biggest bar on site.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

It's in the Town Centre. Go to the stage, and there's a huge bar at the back which is the Bad Apple bar :) It's literally the biggest bar on site.

Thanks :-) Have now found it while bumbling about people watching. Trying to convince my friend to come along!I sadly have no efest badge but hopefully see you all there soon!

3 hours ago, mr flow said:

Less than an hour queuing and searching time apparently. Hopefully this carries on throughout the day.

Ok getting into the campervan fields

There are dogs going into some vans and sniffing rucksacks  but i didn't see anyone having everything taken out

7 hours ago, shikkster said:

Hi.. Are they checking names on tickets does anyone know? 

They did with ours. 

Absolutely no issues getting in though. 

The rain however... ? caused a brief mess! 

I missed the meet as I had to shoot back to get changed - hope all who went enjoyed it. I caught Idles though! 

Getting in was fine yesterday at 3 ish. There was a fair amount of people coming in but loads of gates so basically walked straight in. Cursory situation check but nothing ott. There were dogs but the only person I saw get stopped had an opportunity to give any contraband up before getting searched.