Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Boomtown Eve...  hope everyone has a good un!

Im gutted Limp Bizkit clash with charlotte de witte.

Ill have half an hour after Jimmy Cliff to get to to limp bizkit.... is this doable?

Town centre and lions den are relatively close to each other so you’ll definitely make it, takes about 10 maybe 15 mins

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, manateemike said:

We have had no grief with my boy downtown in all the years going. Only noticed last year about the rule, so just told him to keep his head down and stay away from security. 

TBH we mostly spent time uptown but we stayed till the end Sunday in Chinatown without any problems. 

Hes only turned 16 this year. 

Thanks. I'm getting spooked by the stories about how strict security is. Hopefully just on the gates.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Thanks! It's not quite the start to the festival weekend is planned but hopefully it'll be worth it. 

I plan on making the meet but also wouldn't mind seeing idles so not sure how long I'll be there. 

Meet is at  7 . Idles at 9. Both doable. Hope to See ya at the bad Apple. I’ll wear an efester black t shirt

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Meet is at  7 . Idles at 9. Both doable. Hope to See ya at the bad Apple. I’ll wear an efester black t shirt

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I think we met very briefly at the Glastonbury meet last year? 

Either way hopefully see you tomorrow :) 

1 hour ago, Mr Splodge said:

Have a fab Boomtown everyone.  Our first time going so adventures await.  

hopefully see you at the meet if we can find it.  :) 

See you all there!! Very much looking forward to seeing efesters again! :)

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm pretty sure I'll drop by at some point, vl.

It's likely where I'll meet up with some other Glastonbury friends too. My problem is that I'll be like a toddler on Christmas Day, and at 7pm won't want to stand around chatting...I'll want to be off seeing everything!!

Ben

7pm thursday right? The friend Im with isnt so into dance music so need to find some raving buddies :-) im doing an Oxfam stewarding shift midnight till 8am on sat night/sun morning though so need to go BIG on Friday (and maybe also sunday!)

May be a stupid question but when checking the essential guide they linked earlier I saw this:

Acceptable forms of ID include; photographic driving license, proof of age card with PASS hologram or a passport. Photocopies will not be accepted.

I'm from the Netherlands and don't have any of these, just an identity card from my country which doesn't have that hologram. I reckon I'm just pranging cause I'm allergic to dogs but I should be fine right? haha

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

7pm thursday right? The friend Im with isnt so into dance music so need to find some raving buddies ? im doing an Oxfam stewarding shift midnight till 8am on sat night/sun morning though so need to go BIG on Friday (and maybe also sunday!)

Yes, Thursday, Sas. 

My Friday night is looking quite trancey and my Sunday night is VERY techno! As I’ve said before, always happy to be around as a rave buddy if you’re on your own. 

Shame about Saturday night! That’s looking pretty sweet too! 0200-0400h Simian Mobile Disco DJ set could be phenomenal. One of the two of them played a techno set at Latitude last year and it was STELLAR!

Ben

☺️

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Boomtown Eve...  hope everyone has a good un!

Im gutted Limp Bizkit clash with charlotte de witte.

Ill have half an hour after Jimmy Cliff to get to to limp bizkit.... is this doable?

Or do the correct thing and sack off Fred’s crew for Charlotte, Fuzz. 

Obviously. 

?

Ben

47 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

Does anyone know if we can buy programs on Thursday? I only remember seeing the wheelie bin sellers on Friday last year.

I think so. I forget what they call them but there are huge desks which sell T Shirts and act as info points. If you're on the hunt I'd start there, I think it's where we got one last year.

• Upvote 1

There will be people wandering around with wheelie bins full of them from gates opening, just keep an eye out. They will also sell them from the info points which look like little village sections with a huge boomtown logo on them.

They're normally £10 and yeah I've never felt robbed by them, it's very nicely done and ad free.