Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

I'm keeping everything crossed that this isn't true. How is Travis Scott a headline act?? And Liam Gallagher might be a name, but he's the shittest Gallagher brother and the best I can say for his solo catalogue is that it's about as accomplished as Travis Scott's.

Is there *any* chance that they're saving the biggest headliner to last? Surely counterproductive if they're trying to flog the majority of their tickets off this poster (good luck with that) 

7 minutes ago, muzak said:

I'm keeping everything crossed that this isn't true. How is Travis Scott a headline act?? And Liam Gallagher might be a name, but he's the shittest Gallagher brother and the best I can say for his solo catalogue is that it's about as accomplished as Travis Scott's.

Is there *any* chance that they're saving the biggest headliner to last? Surely counterproductive if they're trying to flog the majority of their tickets off this poster (good luck with that) 

It's 100% real, unless Nothing but Thieves have taken it upon themselves to make a fake poster.

Seems strange having Liam Gallagher back to headline the year after subbing... maybe Travis Scott will be the Thursday headliner and there's another big name to come? But surely this rules AM out, if they're announcing all European dates before the end of the month, Beni won't have another one before then. 

EDIT - no idea why the posts in such a large font :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

13 minutes ago, willd255 said:

IF they have a massive headliner to come then it would look more balanced and not be so bad but it wouldn't make much sense announcing these before dropping a big name so I'm fearing the worst

Isn't there an embargo on AM's being announced though, for any UK/EU festival, to coincide with the album launch announcement?  

3 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Isn't there an embargo on AM's being announced though, for any UK/EU festival, to coincide with the album launch announcement?  

It's the only one that makes sense because I'm pretty sure no one else is embargoed but I thought they were at Mad Cool, not Beni?

The way I see it, they’ve packed this announcement with British indie bands and LG in an attempt to substitute for the fact that AM won’t be at Beni this year. 

I trust the leak is true since it was tweeted by NBT. It seems as though they were becoming just as impatient as we all were. 

why is this line up so badly received? beni is still cheaper then most competitors so weaker line ups should be expected. i don't find this being so bad, apart from the headliners who are on the weak side. i mean, sziget is more expensive and puts s**t like this on the table every year and gets away with year end awards for it.

I’ve seen line ups i’ve been disappointed with in passed years but it always delivers as a fest and i’m sure it will again this year , wait and see the full line up have a moan , have a beer and have a dance , see you down the front x

Edited by gedkelly
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ayo17 said:

Is it not possible that Travis Scott could be a co headliner like Foals/Deadmau5/random spanish band like last year?

More likely that Two Door will turn out to be a coheadliner I think, Foals looked as though they were subs until the very last poster, this one they're in white and then the one after were in yellow with Deadmau5, which was quite misleading really.

20170125-125729-226797.png

Edited by alexlloyd

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

More likely that Two Door will turn out to be a coheadliner I think, Foals looked as though they were subs until the very last poster, this one they're in white and then the one after were in yellow with Deadmau5, which was quite misleading really.

20170125-125729-226797.png

Yeah wasn't there some chat last year that they failed to get a final headliner so just bumped up Foals for the last spot?

Travis Scott gives us an alternative in what is a very guitar dominated line up (which I’m not complaining about!). 

I’m not disappointed by the line up so far, but at the same time I’m not wow’d. Maaaybe the fact I’ve seen most recently or due to see already this year is a factor behind that. 

1 minute ago, Ayo17 said:

Yeah wasn't there some chat last year that they failed to get a final headliner so just bumped up Foals for the last spot?

Possibly, there was an image floating about that was meant to be from Hinds snapchat showing a laptop screen with Stone Roses alongside RHCP with a load of photoshop windows, don't know if that was ever confirmed as fake, but I could believe they'd drop out. I don't have any idea who Travis Scott is but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not big, but having LG bumped straight upto outright headliner a year after subbing RHCP (with Biffy on after too) makes it look a bit of a lazy effort so far.

The best possible scenario is LG/Travis Scott are coheadliners and there's two outright headliners left, the worst is probably there's your three headliners and Two Door are coheadlining with someone like Royal Blood. Maybe once the announcements officially on the website it'll shed some light on that, especially if LG and Travis Scott are playing different days.