TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

If I had to make a educated guess I would go with AM and Jack White, people said Jack could sub AM but he is worthy enough for the Friday so thats my prediction, what do you think @IsaacMuse @dentalplan and @eFestivals? and can you give us a hint about the AM information reason why there are SR despite not being able to say everything...

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If I had to make a educated guess I would go with AM and Jack White, people said Jack could sub AM but he is worthy enough for the Friday so thats my prediction, what do you think @IsaacMuse @dentalplan and @eFestivals? and can you give us a hint about the AM information reason why there are SR despite not being able to say everything...

Neil (eFestivals) gets info about bands playing festivals from private sources and it's one of the main things about the website. He can't go telling people who his actual sources are or else he'll lose them. Arctic Monkeys playing TRNSMT on July 1st is what he's been told and I don't suppose it's a whole lot more than that. Just trust it my dude. :P

Anyway, Jack White does come back in as a fair shout now for Friday. Would be a bit weak though to headline yet I can't really see him subbing either, but that might just be me.

Muse and Mumford & Sons are both playing festivals this summer and don't have a lot of other options for UK gigs. 50/50 between those two.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe they're headlining that Scone Fest.

They seem a bit big for that, I know no one on here cares about Snow Patrol but I think they'd still sell a decent amount of tickets in Scotland. All they need to do is talk about how they formed in Scotland and how it's like a second home and the money will be rolling in. 

I'd forgotten all about that festival though, must be announced soon if it's the end of May as expected.

3 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

I really don’t see Mumford and Sons doing it, not the right band.

what TRNSMT needs is a seriously good rock band

If the final two headliners are Muse or Jack White and Arctic Monkeys I'd say it's a pretty solid lineup and a big improvement from the first two announcements

5 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

I really don’t see Mumford and Sons doing it, not the right band.

what TRNSMT needs is a seriously good rock band

Not the right band? The headliners so far are Stereophonics, The Killers and Liam Gallagher. Mumford and Snow Patrol are the most obvious acts in the world to add to that.

44 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Don't think Mumford had been announced for anything until today, either, had they? So that could be why TRNSMT hadn't announced it yet. Muse had already been announcing things so don't see why they wouldn't have been announced yet.

Don't Muse have a single or something to come soon? Probably better launching it with that than just out of nothing but yeah, it'll probably be Mumford and Sons doing Gentlemen on the Road again. I doubt they'll ever put out another album to be honest, just do that until nobody buys a ticket anymore.

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They seem a bit big for that, I know no one on here cares about Snow Patrol but I think they'd still sell a decent amount of tickets in Scotland. All they need to do is talk about how they formed in Scotland and how it's like a second home and the money will be rolling in. 

I'd forgotten all about that festival though, must be announced soon if it's the end of May as expected.

Ah yeah it does seem a little small for Lightbody and the lads.

I dunno really, I only remembered it today when looking for TRNSMT articles and finding one about it. I heard The Jam and Cream were on the table for this Scone Festival. ha ha ha

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Baffled at Snow Patrol being active and DF not booking them. They headlined TITP on their last 3 albums so wonder what they’ve done for Geoff and the lads to not book them this time.

Maybe he didn't get round to seeing them until the third time? 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Don't Muse have a single or something to come soon? Probably better launching it with that than just out of nothing but yeah, it'll probably be Mumford and Sons doing Gentlemen on the Road again. I doubt they'll ever put out another album to be honest, just do that until nobody buys a ticket anymore.

Aye there was talk of a single called Thought Contagion coming out in Jan/Feb. Last I heard it sounded like there'd probably be a couple of singles this year and then album out late 2018/early 2019. They may as well just wait until next year tbh, there's p much only TRNSMT/BST/IOW im the UK that they haven't played on the Drones tour. I know it's not still the Drones tour really but they need something to play when they release their new album.