NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

We walked round Roundhay Park this afternoon, getting to the lake cafe just in time for weather worship, and downward moisture. That must be worth something in 2 weeks' time.

I'm also planning the MrsCJ Hotel Break as a reward for her listening to me on about Glastonbury, and Nick Cave next week.

Well we got pretty drenched walking round Edinburgh Zoo but the watery stuff cleared up for the Spice Girls and even the sun came out for a bit!  Still, I hope that my offering to the weather gods is sufficient to the cause.

Spice Girls were fucking ace.

3 hours ago, ICGenie said:

Well we got pretty drenched walking round Edinburgh Zoo but the watery stuff cleared up for the Spice Girls and even the sun came out for a bit!  Still, I hope that my offering to the weather gods is sufficient to the cause.

Spice Girls were fucking ace.

Did you see the pandas? I love pandas! 

33 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Did you see the pandas? I love pandas! 

Not as exciting but ordered some beeswax thingys so I can reduce cling film for wrapping and one of them had panda wrapping. Irrelevant and silly but there ye go. 

Me again, after another long break.

I'm having trouble coming to grips with the visit to the hallowed fields only being a couple of weeks away, must get my shit together.

I must commit to spending more time on here chatting, panicking, and generally being jovial too.

Love to all 

J

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

AMAZING!!! We saw one when we went a couple of years ago, she came out, did a walk around the enclosure, then went back into her house. Apparently that was the only time she'd come out in weeks! So lucky!!! 

Sounds like my step daughter and her bedroom.

10 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Staring at the Clashfinder without a clue isn't helping....

Yep.

There are quite a few names I want to see, but some where I'm thinking 'Do I know the name because I don't like them?' 6music is helping choices otherwise I'd be sticking a pin in, which is not the worst strategy.

I think Glade might be the biggest 'who?' for me so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

AMAZING!!! We saw one when we went a couple of years ago, she came out, did a walk around the enclosure, then went back into her house. Apparently that was the only time she'd come out in weeks! So lucky!!! 

Sounds like we were pretty lucky!  Both of them were hanging around the indoor “viewing areas” for ages.  It was a bit emotional really.  Took the nieces and one of them has been obsessed with pandas practically since she was born.

We weren’t sure if we would see them at all as they are supposed to be moving to a new enclosure but it’s not ready yet.  Really really lucky ?

41 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Sounds like my step daughter and her bedroom.

We've managed to only have one wall painted black, she wanted them all doing.

One of our neighbours kids wanted to know why she has Halloween decorations in her windows (Skulls).

29 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Sounds like we were pretty lucky!  Both of them were hanging around the indoor “viewing areas” for ages.  It was a bit emotional really.  Took the nieces and one of them has been obsessed with pandas practically since she was born.

We weren’t sure if we would see them at all as they are supposed to be moving to a new enclosure but it’s not ready yet.  Really really lucky ?

You were!!! I saw a panda at London zoo when I was about 4, and have wanted one ever since :)