NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

3 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Thanks @dizzymoo - As you know I had a payment  issue trying to get you a campervan ticket - it kept saying my card number was incorrect - it wasn't and indeed had been used earlier that day to buy our group tickets - so no idea what was happening with the website but they really need to get it sorted. Thankfully Dee sorted your camper ticket I think?

How many of us are in east this year - we are along with @H.M.V @fatyeti24 @Curlygirl and @ICGenie

@Funkyfairy! are you there or just your friends? We are not able to get there until Wednesday afternoon but would be good to meet up -although sure I will see you all at the efests meet (which I am determined to get to this year)

Now then is it too late to start making some booze - no time for sloe gin or the like and the infamous cherry bakewell will be prepared but only takes 5 mins - what is the view on best flavoured vodkas and the like?

hey hey hey hey .... it's just friends staying in East cv fields- we usually do, its my field of choice :-) and I love it.

I really don;t want to bore everyone but I'm going to anyway - I'll be camping this year behind Avalon as I'm going to be a bin painter this year ....I'm bloody giddy about it @noplacelikehome

I'll defo defo defo be at the efests meet if there is one, and will be wandering to the top of the hill of doom to meet friends on Tuesday evening to do the whole sunset thing looking over the site before the festival starts

I can;t wait to meet everyone/see everyone again xxx and defo not too early to start thinking about booze.

6 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Thanks @dizzymoo - As you know I had a payment  issue trying to get you a campervan ticket - it kept saying my card number was incorrect - it wasn't and indeed had been used earlier that day to buy our group tickets - so no idea what was happening with the website but they really need to get it sorted. Thankfully Dee sorted your camper ticket I think?

How many of us are in east this year - we are along with @H.M.V @fatyeti24 @Curlygirl and @ICGenie

@Funkyfairy! are you there or just your friends? We are not able to get there until Wednesday afternoon but would be good to meet up -although sure I will see you all at the efests meet (which I am determined to get to this year)

Now then is it too late to start making some booze - no time for sloe gin or the like and the infamous cherry bakewell will be prepared but only takes 5 mins - what is the view on best flavoured vodkas and the like?

Yes Dee got our cv ticket and we'll also be in East.  Yesterday was such a turnaround as I was pretty much resigned to not going, and even if we got tickets we wouldn't be able to go without a cv pass... and suddenly it's happening and I'm still a pathetically grateful mess ?. Mr Moo wants to be there on Tuesday but depends on how organised we are. In 2017 we arrived Wednesday evening and ended up in the  furthest field from gate C. 

Re flavoured vodka I think you'd be OK with soft fruit such as raspberries or strawberries. Takes a long time to filter them but worth doing as strawberries go grey and shrivelled so it'll look like you've got a jar of mini pickled brains!

1 minute ago, dizzymoo said:

Yes Dee got our cv ticket and we'll also be in East.  Yesterday was such a turnaround as I was pretty much resigned to not going, and even if we got tickets we wouldn't be able to go without a cv pass... and suddenly it's happening and I'm still a pathetically grateful mess ?. Mr Moo wants to be there on Tuesday but depends on how organised we are. In 2017 we arrived Wednesday evening and ended up in the  furthest field from gate C. 

Re flavoured vodka I think you'd be OK with soft fruit such as raspberries or strawberries. Takes a long time to filter them but worth doing as strawberries go grey and shrivelled so it'll look like you've got a jar of mini pickled brains!

Go Tuesday @dizzymoo if you can, I think we are ALL so so so so lucky to be there this year, its getting ridiculously hard, and we need to make every possible moment count - Tuesday afternoon feels great, meet the neighbours, set up, and sit at the top of the hill as the sun goes down, its such an amazing atmosphere with a sense of anticipation

33 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Us too, from Tuesday late afternoon. We're hoping that the Cocktail Caravan will have opened by then ( @H.M.V @fatyeti24)? I'll bring pretzels and my best behaviour.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, carlosj said:

Us too, from Tuesday late afternoon. We're hoping that the Cocktail Caravan will have opened by then ( @H.M.V @fatyeti24)? I'll bring pretzels and my best behaviour.

We're hoping to get there early doors by spending the night locally on Monday to also break up the journey. As soon as the chairs are out Cocktail Caravan is open. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

We're hoping to get there early doors by spending the night locally on Monday to also break up the journey. As soon as the chairs are out Cocktail Caravan is open. 

I've downloaded an app and now have a shopping list. ?

Thank you all for your support and help and for being generally lovely. 

I am beyond sad. First time in ten years with no ticket. I'm keeping an eye out for volunteering etc and will probably do anything to get there. I don't know about the rest of my group, I'm going to see what they think. I know Wellyboot isnt sure about volunteering, but we need to make a decision and see if we'll all try or what. I'd probably sell a kidney to get there! 

love you all, you're all truly super people xxx

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hello to anyone in Telford right now. This is where my exciting business travel has taken me today. The skies are not blue. This needs to change over the next 6 weeks.

38 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Hello to anyone in Telford right now. This is where my exciting business travel has taken me today. The skies are not blue. This needs to change over the next 6 weeks.

Hello carlosj,

I'm not in Telford (fortunately) but am only 15 miles away in Bridgnorth. And yes, the sky is not blue. Still, it's not raining - yet.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, H.M.V said:

Can I pull up a chair and bring cocktails up the hill ?

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Quark said:

Might have to sneak my way out into the CV fields and see what all the fuss is about :ninja:

Why sneaking ? its lovely up there and its own little haven

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Curlygirl said:

Sounds lush! 

I’m so excited to see you all 

me too

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Bin painters ain't allowed off site for the last couple of days so ff will have to visit us in the weeks before the festival 

So she can come to the CV fields? So can you. ;) 

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd always just assumed it was wristbanded or summat!

Well, no doubt you'll need a tux for the cocktail caravan, but for Tuesday night, you must be able to get up the Incline of Inconvenience (ie not drunk enough to make it a Hill of Death) from the road from parking on East, without a wristband. During the festival, just leave via gate C and keep the Pass Out to hand in to get back in.

We've never arrived on a Tuesday before, so people congregate overlooking the site, or in their respective fields?

Edited by carlosj

30 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks but we have a long standing tradition on Tuesday night. 

Pilton party people's annual works do. It's a 3 line whip

I know lovely. Was just joking with ya. It was fun when we got to go last time. :D 

On 4/30/2019 at 12:14 PM, lucyginger said:

Thank you all for your support and help and for being generally lovely. 

I am beyond sad. First time in ten years with no ticket. I'm keeping an eye out for volunteering etc and will probably do anything to get there. I don't know about the rest of my group, I'm going to see what they think. I know Wellyboot isnt sure about volunteering, but we need to make a decision and see if we'll all try or what. I'd probably sell a kidney to get there! 

love you all, you're all truly super people xxx

@lucyginger you’ve probably seen this, but just in case you missed it. Good luck, really crossing my fingers for you. xx

https://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/still-get-free-tickets-travel-2019/?sdfds

16 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@lucyginger you’ve probably seen this, but just in case you missed it. Good luck, really crossing my fingers for you. xx

https://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/still-get-free-tickets-travel-2019/?sdfds

That’s bizarre! They have lifted that information pretty much directly off the competitions thread off here. They’ve even printed a copy of the tweet I sent to EE! Is there no journalistic integrity any more...

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

That’s bizarre! They have lifted that information pretty much directly off the competitions thread off here. They’ve even printed a copy of the tweet I sent to EE! Is there no journalistic integrity any more...

Somerset live did a similar thing and lifted my tweet. Lazy arses.