Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

17 minutes ago, Simo71 said:

I had a couple of minor panic attacks (after Craig David trying to leave pyramid) and getting to ed from JP side.

both times I had to push my way out of the crowd (whilst apologizing and explaining) but some people took issue and I got a fair bit of abuse.

if people are trying to LEAVE a crowd quite forcefully, it's likely they have a problem, they're not trying to push in!

I got a couple of nasty comments mid panic attack in a bottleneck which shockingly didn't help me at all...one of them being 'crying won't help anyone will it'. Luckily the amount of utterly lovely people who helped me and went out of their way to help me restored my faith and calmed me down. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, char90 said:

I got a couple of nasty comments mid panic attack in a bottleneck which shockingly didn't help me at all...one of them being 'crying won't help anyone will it'. Luckily the amount of utterly lovely people who helped me and went out of their way to help me restored my faith and calmed me down. 

Was that on the way to JC on the Pyramid?

3 minutes ago, Alvarhanso said:

Guy in the camp next to me wearing a trump make America great again cap

I met a guy who was a trump hat, said his friends had bought it for him and forced him to wear it as a dare. He kept trying to take the hat off and his friends put it back on him! I wonder if it was the same guy :lol:

I had a triumphant moment that feels worth sharing. I was camping with friends and their 18 and 19 month old toddlers in Cockmill which meant fairly early nights and good behaviour all round really. The only moment of any high jinx was Saturday night when the boys went out boozing and came back late. As we walked into our tent area and my friend (who is a doting father to an adorable daughter) threw a steel cup to me which I failed to catch, making a clanging noise.

I was suddenly confronted by the lady from the neighbouring tent (who I must add was keeping a richly odoured 'wee bucket' for her children in her tent porch). Despite our very considerate behaviour all weekend (she had clearly mistaken us for a noisy neighbouring tent), she angrily insisted that I shouldn't be camping in the area, going off on a monologue and not stopping to listen to my protestations. She went on and on, so I eventually interrupted, asking:

"Is there a bucket of piss in your tent?"

Her face dropped, she went quiet, and just turned and went into her tent. It was a great moment. The next morning we had to stifle our giggles as we overheard her children persistently asking "Where's the bucket?", whilst she changed the subject.

7 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

• Radiohead. People clearly there just for Creep and talking throughout. My mate told them to shut up but only so much you can do. There was one group who were chanting "we only know two songs". I mean, come on.

I just don't understand this mentality, why would you stand there for 2 hours to listen to 2 songs you know? Surely there must be something better for these people across the god knows how many other stages? Bizarre. 

8 hours ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

Some guy at Sleaford Mods waving a flag and its poke in front of the moving TV camera on a boom. Covered it every single time the tit

tbh, for a while thought that was funny.. well until he was pretty much hitting the camera

and I think he did stop once the cameraman 'had words' .... that camera gets in the way, should ban em

9 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

There was a group of kids at the barrier of Everything Everything who clearly had no interest in watching the band and just looked down at their phones the entire time. They may have been about 12, but they were close to getting a rollicking from my wife!

I was at the front with my 14 year old daughter. Definitely not her, EE are her favourite band, she was belting out every word (which is impressive if you know EE lyrics) and got the setlist at the end.  I can honestly say, I don't think that I have ever seen her so happy. We could have left Glastonbury at that moment (Thursday evening) and called it a triumph!

1 hour ago, char90 said:

during the crush after KC when the railway had been shut... saw a girl in tears . think she managed to get to the side...
but idiots kept shoving thru when you could see nothing was moving...
bonkers...

9 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Ok folks so lets have a bit of fun, lets hear your tales of that `1 person` or group of people who made you wonder what was going on in their heads this time around and not in a good way?

Ill start, big crowd to see elbow on the park stage, we didnt have much of a view as it was......so along comes this family, mum off her tits, dad posh voice and dressed up in a fancy jumper and trousers, gormless son wandering around with them with clearly no mind of his own.....you know the type?  well so they push through the crowd quite aggressively and then proceed to plonk down 3 footstools they are carrying on the ground and stand up on them......in the middle of the crowd, blocking the view of literally every person behind them.(see pic below) People were unreacting at first as I dont think anyone could believe the gall of them to do this and not expect a bollocking!

Needless to say they didnt last long! but what a dickish thing to do? utterly ignorant of the people around them!

Anyway, your move people, can you beat that for a tale of assholeness?

glasto1.jpg

I saw people do this at electric Zoo in NYC - was gobsmacked!

The chair brigade were out in force again this year. We were further up the back for the Foos. We wanted some space as we had two wheelchair users in our group and wanted a bit of space to dance around. There was a couple standing next to us and the guy decided to join us all in a spot of air guitaring. He got a bit over excited and fell into a load of camping chairs which were still stood up; his girlfriend pulled him back so they weren't damaged at all. The people who owned them looked at him like he'd just murdered their cat. He apologised a few times and asked if everyone was ok (even though he didn't touch them), they just tutted and made a big fuss of the chairs, pretending to check and rearrange them (while still leaving them upright, obviously). We were having a great time till then but they made the poor guy feel so uncomfortable he left a couple of minutes later. IF YOU'RE NOT USING THEM, PUT THE BLOODY THINGS AWAY!

22 minutes ago, davefb said:

tbh, for a while thought that was funny.. well until he was pretty much hitting the camera

and I think he did stop once the cameraman 'had words' .... that camera gets in the way, should ban em

If the guy was my mate I'd have ripped the flag up and told him to stop being a twat. It's just knobish behaviour 

26 minutes ago, davefb said:

Saw this too as we were at the front barrier right in front of the man operating the camera, he had enough of it after a while and had words 

Just now, kellly said:

Saw this too as we were at the front barrier right in front of the man operating the camera, he had enough of it after a while and had words 

how the HELL did you cope with the speakers!
had to move back, dont think I've ever done that before ( which tbh I regret )

2 minutes ago, davefb said:

how the HELL did you cope with the speakers!
had to move back, dont think I've ever done that before ( which tbh I regret )

It was intense wasn't it! Always stood further back when I've seen them so after elbow I took my opportunity to slither to the front :) kept thinking the camera was going to smack my husband on the head though as he's 6ft 4 haha was conscious of it the whole time!

Edited by kellly
Quick typing poor spelling!

A good 75% of these sound like cokehead twats. Of all the substances to take when at a festival, why on earth would people take coke? Belligerent, angry w*nkers full of their own self importance. You just don't get these problems with any other drugs. 

(Except alcohol, but I'm a delight when I'm drunk tbf :lol: )

My only gripe all weekend was the group in their 20s At The Pyramid Stage on Saturday in 'tennis' fancy dress. Two of them honestly believed they were the only people ever to wear fancy dress and thought that they should be everyone's centre of attention during Katy Perry. Never looking at the stage they paraded around posing with their racquets, hitting balls into the crowd and being absolute dicks . During Roar they both walked up to strangers and prostrate themselves screaming out for attention. An absolute nightmare who were clearly 'doing Glastonbury' this year!

Oh and the 2 people who turned up late on Thursday afternoon on the Big Ground in a 4 person tent and wanted to camp with their friends. They proceeded to erect their tent in a space not big enough for a one person pop-up and made a bit extra space by moving our tent forward a couple of feet by removing all pegs and moving it...but then didn t have the courtesy to peg it back out again! Cool guys..really cool

Edited by cortezuk

1 hour ago, char90 said:

It was. Completely misjudged the timings so should have known it would have been like that but it was still bloody scary. 

I tried to make myself a bit of shield to give someone more space on the way there, so that may have been you. I just can't see how anyone would be a dick to someone clearly panicking but here we are in this thread...

Where do I start? The people in our camp who left everything behind? The guy who pissed in his cup, the poured it on the floor during Circa Waves, while looking thoroughly proud of himself? The guy shouting "Shoot Jeremy Corbyn!"? Or, the guy who came barging up to me, loudly shouting "Got a light?" during the minute silence at The Pyramid?

There were many times this weekend I used the phrase "I'm surrounded by c**ts!" 

But, did meet some truly lovely people!!!