Bar prices

brettredmayne

11 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I didn't mean literally £8 of alcohol, but for £8 I would expect no less than a double measure minimum.

from what I can remember, it depends on the drink. a Californian Sunrise has Aperol and Lillet Rouge as mixers (along with San Pellegrino orange), so I think there was only single measures of gin in that, as the other 2 are alcoholic. pretty sure some of the barstaff threw in a small bit more gin too though.

they had a Donkey Punch cocktail last year which was vodka, absinthe, bitters, ginger beer and lime, and I think that was a single vodka (plus a little more), as the absinthe made up the difference.

for something like the Dream Machine which is basically gin and soda with some garnish, it's probably a straight double.

Edited by ghostdancer1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Yeah think I'll be bringing a small quantity of vodka this year for that exact purpose. Enough for an extra shot per day. Bloody Marys really are the biz and are being added to my breakfast menu.

How hot are the Bloody Marys on site? Hope I don't have to bring Tabasco with me too?

Brother, i shall be bringing plenty of Russian vodka over with me, don't fret about that.

13 hours ago, balti-pie said:

They're at a festival, they should be having fun - having a dance, maybe having a drink and a chat, smiling, doing something other than standing around on a set of steps glaring through sunglasses! 

I've never seen so many people land in a hole at the same time in the same place, standing gouch !

Edited by swede

13 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

This place called Cockatoo which is at bottom of T&C fields with a bird cage on top of it - I'm sure prices were 50p cheaper last year too

There is also a few places in the green fields that do the odd random cocktail too, but never remember where they are lol

Glastonbury 2015 350.JPG

I can recommend the Turtle Doves !

32 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Fuck me, that cider bus stuff is rough as arseholes. Awful

Surely the answer with cocktails is to buy your e.g bloody mary and top it up with extra vodka you've brought with you in order to make it a proper strength drink. Bottles of rum, vodka and gin will cover most eventualities, while also giving you a proper drink with all the fixings.

Give over, their apple mojitos and the orchard mist are a thing of beauty !

Strongest mojitos on site though were at the Arcadia bar one year, made to order, a friends of mine thought all the spirits were at the bottom and kept mixing it with his straw before finally giving up on it, realising it was too strong for him, and passing it to me to finish off.

In fact in regards to cocktails at Glastonbury I haven't encountered many weak ones, all pack a punch from the various bars so they've all got good measures in them. The spaceport has a very good cocktail selection as well as the others mentioned.

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah think I'll be bringing a small quantity of vodka this year for that exact purpose. Enough for an extra shot per day. Bloody Marys really are the biz and are being added to my breakfast menu.

How hot are the Bloody Marys on site? Hope I don't have to bring Tabasco with me too?

I have a large selection of hot sauces in my flat which I am prepared to share.

We did this at Beacons one year, Bloody Mary's with Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce. Shook the hangover I can tell you that. 

Anyone know if you buy a carton of tomato juice or ice from anywhere on site? In years of going I've never noticed?  Bring in your own vodka, tabasco and lemon juice and you've got a  poor mans Bloody Mary.  I don't fancy lugging cartons of tomato juice in, and I'm not attempting ice. Not again.

40 minutes ago, The Nal said:

At the Cockatoo place (where they dance in the cage on the top) they will ask you how spicy you want it and if its not spicy enough they'll add more tabasco.  Much prefer cocktails from there than Beat Hotel, I've never really like it round there it always seems a bit lairy for some reason

6 minutes ago, splinterbungee said:

Anyone know if you buy a carton of tomato juice or ice from anywhere on site? In years of going I've never noticed?  Bring in your own vodka, tabasco and lemon juice and you've got a  poor mans Bloody Mary.  I don't fancy lugging cartons of tomato juice in, and I'm not attempting ice. Not again.

Bloody Marys are 7.50. By the time you buy the vodka, tomato juice, lemon, find a clean cup, cut the lemon, find some ice etc you'll save yourself a couple of quid at most. Is it really worth the hassle?

At the Cockatoo place (where they dance in the cage on the top) they will ask you how spicy you want it and if its not spicy enough they'll add more tabasco.  Much prefer cocktails from there than Beat Hotel, I've never really like it round there it always seems a bit lairy for some reason

Lets be frank here. Its mainly choc full of complete cocksuckers. Posing Ibiza club types with Beckham tattoos standing on the steps on the sign outside shouting at girls all day.

Edited by The Nal

19 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Thirded. What's agave though? I like a drink but I'm definitely a bit of a philistine.

Pretentious natural syrup alternative to sugar, sell it in waitrose and the like.

If you're drinking cocktails topped up with lager you don't need to tell us you're a philistine :P

32 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Thirded. What's agave though? I like a drink but I'm definitely a bit of a philistine.

It'll be agave syrup. Used as the sweetener instead of sugar syrup for that drink. Tequila is also made from agave so they work a dream together.

that largerita will be banging.