Thieving bastards

Drugs everywhere...  literally 

The rail track was a real dodgy place at night 

No balloons.... Thankfully 

Loads of fires around little tents.. 

People pissing and shitting any where and everywhere 

Portaloos full to over flowing 

People selling stuff off blankets on the paths 

Not having to get a ticket lol so not ticket day worries.. 

Not all good then!

incidentally my kids picked up on the selling stuff off a blanket thing at BD when they were little and managed to raise some cash selling painted shells!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Flysheet said:

Not all good then!

incidentally my kids picked up on the selling stuff off a blanket thing at BD when they were little and managed to raise some cash selling painted shells!

Na it was great lol 

9 hours ago, Bisque said:

I'm going to Cambodia for my birthday, am I in trouble?

I think it was a reference to a Dead Kennedy's song, which has now lost its message somewhat as it used to be dodgy but is now going up the rankings as an alternative tourist/travelling hotspot.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just don't overdo it at the Happy Herb Pizza Cafe and fall in the Tonle Sap.

Went there about 15 years ago, thought it was probably just a gimmick to get the backpackers in, so maybe just a light sprinkling to make it all seem illicit and exciting. Couple of hours later sat in Heart of Darkness, none of us able to speak confirmed they were in fact pretty honest in their advertising. Although not sure how happy any of us were

Q1.  So based on that, how was Glasto different before the internet?

People actually looked at the bands in front of them rather than looking at the bands through their phones, and saved the memories in their brains, and got excited about telling their friends when they got home in a few days, and didn't feel the need to instantly tell everyone on facebook what they were doing. People who took cameras had to wait until they took the films into Boots the following week, and just be disappointed with their crap photos.

Q2. And, how the hell did people find each-other and meet up? First year I went (1998) we all arranged to meet at gate one on the thursday afternoon and find somewhere to camp. This didn't happen. We all bumped into each other on Friday night by accident. And everyone lived happily ever after.

Q3. The druids - who were they and what were they doin'? They were hewn in to the living rock of stonehenge. 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Then had to go walk round The Killing Fields with the giggles.

Not quite on the same level (For 'not quite' see 'No where near at all'.), but I once entered the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía in Madrid whilst drunk and under the influence of some military grade cocaine. As I approached Picasso's art work entitled Guernica, I could see people standing and sitting there (some people had brought their own camp chairs to sit and look at it) solemnly taking in the painting before their own eyes, a painting which has been described as one of the most powerful anti war paintings ever painted, and then it happened. I saw one person who was sat down create a box shaped format with his own hands (like film directors do etc) and look through this box shape at the painting. It was then that I decided to start laughing at this pretentious w*nker, drew everybody's attention, was tut tutted at, and realised it was time to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick  regardless of the coke or how powerful art is, If I saw someone do that I'd react the same way.

Happy to hear that I'm not alone in these things Kinkyinuit. It really was laughable. My brother makes short films (which nobody watches) and I've met some of the people he, get this, 'networks' with. Fucking hell, most of them are off the scale self important, delusional, luvvies. They really don't subscribe to consensus reality as I, and many others I know, see it.  

12 hours ago, Flysheet said:

Yep, I remember paddling through pools of piss to find a dry spot to piss in!

Do you remember when they tried to suck up the mud in the dance tent and pressed the wrong button and filled it up with piss and shit lol 

AND we all went and danced Init lol 

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Do you remember when they tried to suck up the mud in the dance tent and pressed the wrong button and filled it up with piss and shit lol 

AND we all went and danced Init lol 

I do, but fortunately missed that year!

On 2017-6-1 at 9:07 PM, guypjfreak said:

No flags 

3 cans for a fiver 

Stick Candles that burnt your arm off 

Loads of Crustys

Thieving bastards

Drugs everywhere...  literally 

The rail track was a real dodgy place at night 

No balloons.... Thankfully 

Loads of fires around little tents.. 

People pissing and shitting any where and everywhere 

Portaloos full to over flowing 

People selling stuff off blankets on the paths 

Not having to get a ticket lol so not ticket day worries.. 

It was great 

Sounds horrendous

1 hour ago, bamber said:

Another Time and Place. I love old Glastonbury Festival. I love new Glastonbury Festival.

large.593273e61779e_Glastonbury80s.jpg.0

You've got to love the camper van with deck chairs on the roof with unobstructed views of the Pyramid stage there?