Gold Membership

mcshed

Why aren't you a Gold Member?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. So lots of us use this site a lot but still aren't Gold Members, given the site needs money why is that?

• I'm used to the model of getting things for free on the internet so don't like the idea of paying.
    • I'm too poor.
    • I've kind of been meaning to but have been too lazy/disorganised to manage.
    • I don't give a shit if the site continues.
    • I find Neil's views on Corbyn/Scottish Independence/Something else Neil likes to argue the toss about prohibitive in giving him money.
    • I didn't realise it was an issue.
    • I've paid my way in mugs.
    • I'm already a Gold Member.
    • Other: Please explain below.

It's against my leftist leanings to pay for something already provided for free...

Actually it's just pure laziness. I've been saying for ages I'll sign up for Gold, I just haven't got round to doing it. Like how I had been saying for ages I would do something to help the homeless in a Glasgow, but it wasn't until the guys from Shelter chapped my door that I actually did. 

In short, if Neil turns up at my door (with ID) I will definitely sign up for Gold. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me a few years to go gold... Glad I did especially when you think of the shit and graft Neil has to do.. 

Neil promises to do all he can to keep us updated 

Go gold it's the best election promise you'll get 

On 2017-5-31 at 9:56 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm such a fan of the gold membership I paid for it twice this year :lol:

You should have a double gold membership thing..... I can think of the word. It's to early.. Fair play to you tho 

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

Did someone mention Latinum?

One of my mates is a Star Trek aficionado. I decided to make him a present at about 3am last Wednesday morning - as you do. To do this I needed to look up a specific quote from the Borg. One which I think is absolutely fantastic. It is;

'We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile'.

I mean, how the fuck do you get out of that one? *

* That's a rhetorical question. Please don't answer detailing an episode where Kirk and he crew did such a thing. I can only take so much!

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

One of my mates is a Star Trek aficionado. I decided to make him a present at about 3am last Wednesday morning - as you do. To do this I needed to look up a specific quote from the Borg. One which I think is absolutely fantastic. It is;

'We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile'.

I mean, how the fuck do you get out of that one? *

* That's a rhetorical question. Please don't answer detailing an episode where Kirk and he crew did such a thing. I can only take so much!

Knowing your art Yog I'd love to see the present!

TBH I'm not a huge ST fan, although I do enjoy watching it every now and again.  Mine more came about because someone pointed out that I bore a strong passing resemblance to a Ferengi; it's stuck around for years! :lol:

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Knowing your art Yog I'd love to see the present!

TBH I'm not a huge ST fan, although I do enjoy watching it every now and again.  Mine more came about because someone pointed out that I bore a strong passing resemblance to a Ferengi; it's stuck around for years! :lol:

It's not really an art piece. More of a craft piece. I would show it, but I'm not that happy with the end result. It was one of them drunken stoned ideas that seem good at the time. I do have two kind of cyborgs I've been working on which I would like to show on here. The only draw back there is that my wife recently gave our camera a large G & T, and now it refuses to work. On top of that me and my wife have phone problems, so no going down that route for taking some photos. Maybe the G & T camera has dried out now. Will go and check.

SAM_9560.JPG

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get the photos that I'd like to show of my Cyborg type art pieces (if you can call sticking stuff to a couple of mannequins art). I have managed this one photo but, if I say so myself, it doesn't really do the two pieces any justice - not least because one of the pieces is virtually (get it) out of the photo.

34 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

So just out of interest of anybody ( @eFestivals ) can help, how long does it take to process? I went gold this morning and nothing has changed?

I will take a guess that the email address used here differs to your PayPal one? @eFestivals will sort it out worry not :)

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

I will take a guess that the email address used here differs to your PayPal one? @eFestivals will sort it out worry not :)

Ahh you could be onto something there! I have a personal email that my Paypal is linked to but a different one for Internet forums, purchases etc. I got the confirmation email saying it was payment processing but nothing since.

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Sounds like you're a dodgy individual with all these identities. Bet the security services are monitoring you!

Very probably! Although I have met several acquaintances that have asked me in the past for some reason if am the security services? I'm not of course but if I was I'd probably investigate why my account hasn't changed. I don't want to end up paying twice like the other guy. It took me 8 years to pay the first time!