Weird Placings 2017

Matt42

Not sure we've had a thread like this before but I'm gonna do it.

currently at work and it's not easy to work out who I'm seeing yet. However what jumps out to me easily is weird / unusual placings.

any slots / billings on the lineup that confuse you? I'm confused how some bands are playing quite low and others have managed to bag ones much higher than I'd deem them worthy.

Has Halsey even had a hit in this country? She's billed the same as Haim!

fire away! :D

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

I really thought she would be on Park!

Its very very odd.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

RTJ. Baffling.

Why? Standard Glasto hip hop "get them moving again after the afternoon slump" slot. 

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Its very very odd.

Why? Standard Glasto hip hop "get them moving again after the afternoon slump" slot. 

Yeah but it tends to be acts that people have heard of. Stormzy would have made sense. The camping chair brigade are gonna be so baffled when I drop kick them in the face to Close Your Eyes and Count to Fuck.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Yeah but it tends to be acts that people have heard of. Stormzy would have made sense. The camping chair brigade are gonna be so baffled when I drop kick them in the face to Close Your Eyes and Count to Fuck.

You predicted them for the same slot on Friday, did you not?

3 minutes ago, Untz said:

Annie bloody Mac.

Friends in high places!

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Good!

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

You predicted them for the same slot on Friday, did you not?

I did right at the start of predicting for 2017, due to a lack of acts I could think of for the Friday hip-hop slot, then I removed them from the slot as I thought it'd be ridiculous. I also defo had them lower than 4th down.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Hahaha. Maybe this is why, G want to stir the pot so to speak. Get the fuckers out of their chairs one way or another. 

Its a big slot for RTJ though, big exposure for them. I'm pumped for them. 

Just now, EZYSEY said:

This. I'm not sure the Pyramid crowd is ready for RTJ. I was hoping they'd be late in JP. As it stands i'm splitting them with Loyle Carner.

They could easily play third down on Other Stage with a great crowd. 
Wasted opportunity.  

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If there are enough of us going nuts for RTJ we can get the causals involved. Have faith

Just now, Diva Sam said:

Being in Park Home Ground I normally have the iPhone Duck noises as my alarm clock to wake me up.

Slaves will be somewhat different to what I'm used to. 

"Where's Your Car Debbie" would definitely get you out and about on a Sunday Morning !!

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I did right at the start of predicting for 2017, due to a lack of acts I could think of for the Friday hip-hop slot, then I removed them from the slot as I thought it'd be ridiculous. I also defo had them lower than 4th down.

Either way I don't think it's weird if they play 4th down Pyramid instead of 5th down. Think I was worried it'd fall flat before when people suggested it but they've really broken out in the last couple of years and this is the sorta slot they want and deserve. This is better than JP headline or whatever I reckon.