Circus & Theatre Fields

marathonsteve

:lol::lol: theatre and circus bar has Grimbergen on tap, it's a proper delight! 

I just mooch around to be honest, seeing stuff as and when it appears - I don't have any must sees in the theatre and circus other than I must be there for a couple of hours a day cos it's always brilliant 

I like to just pop in to T&C when I have gaps. 

I remembering seeing Mark Watson there a few years ago at 1am and he ended the set by running off stage through the middle of the crowd and out into the festival. 

I'm hoping for a couple of good comedians. 

1 hour ago, marathonsteve said:

I have neglected these areas when I have gone in the past , well except for the bar selling the strong Belgium Ale.

What are the Acts I should try and catch this time ?

Bit hard to recommend stuff when they haven't announced who's playing there...

1 hour ago, carrie2 said:

:lol::lol: theatre and circus bar has Grimbergen on tap, it's loopy juice! 

FTFY

Discovered that stuff at a wedding in France.  Bloody hellfire did we get blitzed before we started to realise how potent it was :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Dan190984 said:

I like to just pop in to T&C when I have gaps.

Me too. More than any other field, T&C is a complete unknown to me. I guarantee not to recognise any name on the bill, which makes it a perfect place to bimble into and check out whenever possible. I didn't do so in 2014. In 2015 I did, and realised what I'd missed. Hugely recommended.

The cabaret tent is where you normally find the bigger name comics but they are scattered through the bill. Jeremy Hardy is normally there and generally around mid day on the Sunday there is the Big Society which normally features Marcus Brigstocke Marcus Brigstoke, Phil Jupitus and a few others. Josh Widdicombe, Mark Watson, and Ed Byrne are other regulars

Personally I always try to catch Herbie Treehead in that part of the festival for a sing along to "Happy Song" and in the evening the Mavericks tent has some excellent cabaret, and in the day time the walk about acts are really fun and get the crowd involved

Suffered last year with all the mud as there weren't as many walk about acts, but this year when its going to be lovely and sunny its a great area to sit for a hour or two and be very well entertained

2 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Pop in when you are passing for an hour and grab a break from the sun.

5 minutes ago, phil the shrew said:

but this year when its going to be lovely and sunny its a great area to sit for a hour or two and be very well entertained

A lot of excellent weather optimism in this thread, keep it up B)

spent quite a lot of time there Thursday and friday last year. The circus was incredible. Every single act i saw was mind blowing.

Lots of other fun stuff around too. Bubble football, tightrope walking etc. Can't recommend more. Convenient for the pyramid if there is an act you dont want to see between 2 you do

I highly recommend seeing a guy called Bill Ferguson on the little outdoor stage with the bleachers. 

He's hysterical and always good for a laugh. His show mainly consists of juggling, with a whole lot of comedy, swearing and audience participation. A word of warning through, don't arrive half way through his show, he will crucify you (in a fun but humiliating way)