Napalm Death - Truth Stage?!?

Deadendfriends8

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Being precious about other twats giggling childishly about your fave band is so metal.

Its not even their favourite band! 

Thinking a small sub genre of a huge genre is silly and shit = thinking the entire genre is shit it seems. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I always thought Deafheaven would be good on the JP. Despite the extremity of the music they actually have quite a broad audience. Last album was a belter.

Had a quick look at their tour dates after reading this and they're in Spain on the Saturday, and free Thursday, Friday and Sunday. In the past I never expected them to be booked, but if Glasto are booking the likes of Napalm Death then why not? 

Dunno bout you Nal, but Ive learned so much from metal over the years. Take Maiden's "Alexander the Great" for example.

"Near to the east
In a part of ancient Greece
In an ancient land called Macedonia
Was born a son
To Philip of Macedon
The legend his name was Alexander

At the age of nineteen
He became the Macedon King
And he swore to free all of Asia Minor
By the Aegian Sea
In 334 B.C.
He utterly beat the armies of Persia"

Fuck yer history degree chief.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Dunno bout you Nal, but Ive learned so much from metal over the years. Take Maiden's "Alexander the Great" for example.

Holy shit, are you picking apart the meaning of metal lyrics and finding them a bit ridiculous... holy shit that is original, please do more. I've never seen its like before.  It is probably the only genre you could do this with too... amazing, just stunningly inventive of you.

Why does anyone have to show them respect on here? Every act gets slated on here by someone. Half the fun is ripping on stuff you don't like. Metal gets off lightly compared to the lad rock stylings from the likes of Courteeners and Catfish.

It's hard to respect something if you think it's shit.

Just now, HoTWire said:

Holy shit, are you picking apart the meaning of metal lyrics and finding them a bit ridiculous... holy shit that is original, please do more. I've never seen its like before.  It is probably the only genre you could do this with too... amazing, just stunningly inventive of you.

Claudio_Rossi_2.JPG

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I heard they are taking the stage with Extreme Noise Terror - can't reveal my source tho ;-)

Now you see, I know so little about Metal ( did own a megadeath album in my early teens though B)) I dont know if you're speaking the truth or with a very forked tongue ! lol

The notion of a "metal" stage is somewhat dispiriting.

Outside of indie/Mojo sanctioned classic rock the fest does a great job of marginalising genres. Hetfield's onstage plea fell on deaf ears...

Spose its all baby steps.

18 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The notion of a "metal" stage is somewhat dispiriting.

Outside of indie/Mojo sanctioned classic rock the fest does a great job of marginalising genres. Hetfield's onstage plea fell on deaf ears...

Spose its all baby steps.

True but if it's something being curated by a label it's the easiest way to do it, isn't it? Gotta hope it goes down well and they carry on booking it elsewhere. Deftones on Other, Mastodon on JP. Like you say, baby steps for now.

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I like Orange Goblin. 

Anyhoo... this is the bloke who's curating the stage, is bio says metal/punk/grind so hopefully we'll get som variety.

Excellent. Hoping for an early morning sety from Iron Monkey who are back together.