McCor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

At the moment I am living in M world.

Moonlandingz and Metronomy.

With a chunk of Katy Perry thrown in - can't believe quite how much I am enjoying her music!!

I do like Moonlandingz, what I've heard so far at least!

1 minute ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

i'm scouring the line up for boring electronic bands that my mate will try to drag me to

I'm very lucky in that the person I'm going with is also my long-time gig partner, so we never have a battle over who to see!

9 minutes ago, McCor said:

I'm very lucky in that the person I'm going with is also my long-time gig partner, so we never have a battle over who to see!

it's annoying really because we actually have quite similar music tastes in a lot of ways but then he has this thing where he pretends four tet's music doesn't want to make you fall asleep 

(as someone that had a nap at a four tet all nighter i can confirm it totally does)

Edited by PretentiousThinkpiece

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Joe Goddard playlist, whilst I eagerly wait for his new album to be released:

I am rather pleasantly surprised by Joe. Not heard of him before the poster and now hoping he will be just before or after The Moonlandingz at the Park on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am rather pleasantly surprised by Joe. Not heard of him before the poster and now hoping he will be just before or after The Moonlandingz at the Park on Saturday.

He's one of the main (and better IMHO) songwriters in Hot Chip.  Also has a couple of albums with The 2 Bears.  I'm not keen on his 1st solo album, didn't really sound like he was trying, but the singles off this new one are very promising.

Been a podcasts morning for me so far, but moving into the afternoon I'm gonna switch to some Glastonbury music

I've spent most of the week listening to Songhoy Blues and Moderat after discovering them on the line up so may listen to more of them

Alternately, my pal's told me to give The Lemon Twigs a listen

23 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

I've spent most of the week listening to Songhoy Blues and Moderat after discovering them on the line up so may listen to more of them

I've found myself listening to these two as well this week – a bit of a contrast in styles too which mixes it ups bit. There's a lot from this line up that I'm discovering with positive outcomes. The poster gets better with each viewing as a result :)

4 hours ago, McCor said:

So, balance paid, and the sun is out. It's a sign! Toots & The Maytals are the sountrack to the day! (Pressure Drop at this very moment)

What's your pre-Glastonbury soundtrack looking like?

I've also had Toots on today followed by Badbadnotgood then an episode of Mark Steel's in town from Radio 4.

Well I played Anthology by Can at work today. The office cleared pretty quickly, people were heard muttering in corners 'She's a fucking weirdo that one'  I might treat em to a bit of NEU tomorrow, love a bit of kosmische me. My office, I can play what I want. ^_^