2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm sorry, I know he's a c**t but the man has some absolute tunes. Easy Lover, Invisible Touch, Sussudio... Sorry HMV but I'm a slave to the rhythm.

Easy Lover

Sussudio

Another Day In Paradise

Two Hearts

You Can't Hurry Love

True Colours

In The Air Tonight

A Groovy Kind of Love

Something Happened on the Way To Heaven

Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)

that's a solid hour of hits for the Pyramid, even before any Genesis songs are played!

• Upvote 1

as per @dentalplan's post in the Cure thread, day confirmed for their Mad Cool appearance means they're not doing back-to-back nights at festivals in Portugal (Friday) and Spain (Sunday), and still no back-to-back nights anywhere on their tour out of 15 dates in June/July/August announced so far.

chances of them playing Belgium Friday and Glastonbury Saturday are very low.

Stormzy / Macca / The Cure

Edited by ghostdancer1

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Easy Lover

Sussudio

Another Day In Paradise

Two Hearts

You Can't Hurry Love

True Colours

In The Air Tonight

A Groovy Kind of Love

Something Happened on the Way To Heaven

Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)

that's a solid hour of hits for the Pyramid, even before any Genesis songs are played!

Yes yes and yes! 

48 minutes ago, Havors said:

Noel headline the Other stage. Liam will be subbing somewhere I reckon. Thats my guess. I went to school with Noel's Base player and trying to coax some info out of him haha 

I've seen both this year. On the current sets they're doing, you'd want Liam closing a stage as headliner.  Noel's current set would drift inoffensively into the late afternoon sunshine.

23 minutes ago, Username taken said:

I've seen both this year. On the current sets they're doing, you'd want Liam closing a stage as headliner.  Noel's current set would drift inoffensively into the late afternoon sunshine.

Totally agree. The last 2 times I've seen Liam his sets are getting better and better. 

28 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Head to head with Stormzy would be interesting 

Yeah it would also make sense to contrast the musical styles. Split the crowds up. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Havors said:

Totally agree. The last 2 times I've seen Liam his sets are getting better and better. 

Yeah it would also make sense to contrast the musical styles. Split the crowds up. 

Whoever they do put up against Stormzy, across the site, will be interesting.

Would have thought they'll be spreading out the options - can't imagine a particularly strong Other headliner, and not much on elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Would have thought they'll be spreading out the options - can't imagine a particularly strong Other headliner, and not much on elsewhere. 

There'll be at least one meat & potatoes indie band on somewhere, The Vaccines on JP for example. Given that the Other usually caters for the younger crowd I do wonder if they'll go a bit older on Stormzy night.

7 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Yeah, it definitely seems like one where they won't build up the options elsewhere.

Noel would be the absolute worst act to put on against him, because he'll look out upon a full Other Stage crowd and be able to say "told you hip hop doesn't belong at Glastonbury".

They’ll put someone older and more established up against him on the Otger. I’d have said someone like New Order, but they only played the other year. It’ll be someone tedious, sweaty and authentically rock though ; QOTSA, Primals, somebody along those lines, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, it definitely seems like one where they won't build up the options elsewhere.

Noel would be the absolute worst act to put on against him, because he'll look out upon a full Other Stage crowd and be able to say "told you hip hop doesn't belong at Glastonbury".

If they did stick Noel on against him they definitely couldn't have Liam as Pyramid sub that night as all the focus would shift from Stormzy to an interminable "will they won't they?" affair on the Other.

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

as per @dentalplan's post in the Cure thread, day confirmed for their Mad Cool appearance means they're not doing back-to-back nights at festivals in Portugal (Friday) and Spain (Sunday), and still no back-to-back nights anywhere on their tour out of 15 dates in June/July/August announced so far.

chances of them playing Belgium Friday and Glastonbury Saturday are very low.

Stormzy / Macca / The Cure

The Cure for 'locals day' feels a bit odd.....unless the Eavii have chatted to some of them all and discovered the local area is a hot bed of aging goths. Though the 'locals day line up' is perhaps just a bit of a myth.

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

The Cure for 'locals day' feels a bit odd.....unless the Eavii have chatted to some of them all and discovered the local area is a hot bed of aging goths. Though the 'locals day line up' is perhaps just a bit of a myth.

I think if they have two or three headliners who are easy in terms of nights it might be a consideration, but a lot of times it'll just be a case of getting people in on whatever night they can play.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they did stick Noel on against him they definitely couldn't have Liam as Pyramid sub that night as all the focus would shift from Stormzy to an interminable "will they won't they?" affair on the Other.

Noel would get a bigger crowd than Stormzy. No chance they are putting someone like that up against him.

Just now, eastynh said:

Noel would get a bigger crowd than Stormzy. No chance they are putting someone like that up against him.

Would he? His star is very much on the wane judging by the places he has been playing in the last year or two, no doubt he'd pull a big crowd for the Other but there will still be thousands upon thousands who'll go to the Pyramid to see how Stormzy does.

Now if Liam's in the vicinity it could be a different question altogether...

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would he? His star is very much on the wane judging by the places he has been playing in the last year or two, no doubt he'd pull a big crowd for the Other but there will still be thousands upon thousands who'll go to the Pyramid to see how Stormzy does.

Now if Liam's in the vicinity it could be a different question altogether...

At Glastonbury I reckon Noel would pull a bigger crowd than Stormzy. Noel is still pulling decent numbers at his own gigs and playing bigger venues than Stormzy.

I don't think they will place anyone anywhere near as big as Noel on the other, they would be stupid to risk it.