Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

10 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I think the Thingy, having updating the listings with the day of week, could be greatly improved if the time of day was also added.  Sorry if this has been said before.  Perhaps I will do the research myself  in the fallow year when I have nothing else to do with my time.

#AHTT

@Gnomicide time to get your arse in gear.

#AHTT

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

YEah they did, but I meant what song would you like to be listenign to as the poster is announced. Any choice?

Ah - I will be listening to ALL OF THE MUSIC when it drops, ALL OF IT!

9 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Next Annoucement music of choice? I'd quite like to listen to Call Tickerton by RTJ as the poster drops. Intense.

I'm willing to listen to Pablo Honey on repeat as an offering to the announcement gods in order to forcibly will the poster drop into existence today.

13 minutes ago, magliad said:

It's not just sending the email, it's preparing it. Also takes forever to send out through Mailchimp if you've got shit loads of lists. Perhaps Glasto work more efficiently in Mailchimp than I do.

Either way my point was that they wouldn't do balance repayment mailers and posts + a major line up announcement in one day. No festival would ever do that.

Its really not hard to send the same email to 100,000+ people. It's not like they will be scrabbling around trying to find the email addresses of everyone that has a ticket. There's these things called databases these days. Mailchimp is shit btw, just saying.

Just now, mjsell said:

Its really not hard to send the same email to 100,000+ people. It's not like they will be scrabbling around trying to find the email addresses of everyone that has a ticket. There's these things called databases these days. Mailchimp is shit btw, just saying.

@magliad You just got fucking served!

11 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Next Annoucement music of choice? I'd quite like to listen to Call Tickerton by RTJ as the poster drops. Intense.

Not sure about the actual drop tune but currently listening to Luke Sital-Singh's 'Killing Me' which feels quite apt.

1 minute ago, magliad said:

You guys need to chill. My initial point was that they wouldn't do balance payment mailers and posts and a major line up announcement in one day. And they didn't... :) 

Yep.. It doesn't need to be for any technical/workload reasons either.

It's simply that if they're sending out / advertising a message that they want to register with people, it wouldn't be logical to follow it up with another, bigger, message that'll take all the attention away within a few hours.

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Actually Mailchimp is shit, as you say. So if you have 25 lists like we do, which have accumulated over several years (before my time) then it is painstakingly boring to replicate and send the email to various lists - there is no function to send one email to various lists unfortunately.

As I said, Glasto probably don't work as the above. It's amusing how I'm being shot down for looking into why a marketing team might not do two major things in one day (balance payment reminder and lineup are both big announcements that people wait for) yet when someone posts a totally irrelevant tweet from fucking Liam Fray, everyone's all over it!

Think the anticipation is getting to some heads. ;)

Just now, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I should be working really, or preparing to work, or going to the enrollment agency to sign up for a masters program, but I'm sat at home playing OVerwatch, waiting for a fucking music poster to drop... and it feels great!

Ironically I work in email marketing, so should be sending out emails to 100,000+ people as we speak.

1 minute ago, magliad said:

Actually Mailchimp is shit, as you say. So if you have 25 lists like we do, which have accumulated over several years (before my time) then it is painstakingly boring to replicate and send the email to various lists - there is no function to send one email to various lists unfortunately.

As I said, Glasto probably don't work as the above. It's amusing how I'm being shot down for looking into why a marketing team might not do two major things in one day (balance payment reminder and lineup are both big announcements that people wait for) yet when someone posts a totally irrelevant tweet from fucking Liam Fray, everyone's all over it!

Think the anticipation is getting to some heads. ;)

Hate the game, not the player, as they say :) 

8 minutes ago, magliad said:

Sounds like you need to make a relational database to join you're lists together pre-send, to create a master list.

I love lists...

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Sounds like you need to make a relational database to join you're lists together pre-send, to create a master list.

I love lists...

I'm marketing for about 9 different clubs, brands, restaurants so I simply don't have time for admin :( which is probably why I equated a simple mailshot with loads of effort, everything is an effort at the moment and I'm getting nothing done this week which isn't helping haha!

Just now, jamestudor97 said:

There was me panicking I've still believe not had my balance reminder email, suppose with 100,000 people to email it'll take its time! 

Yeah, one of our group of 5 is still waiting for theirs too.  All the rest of us have received ours.