2017 headliner guesses

smogo

RHCP wouldnt be completely out of the question. Would be a big statement as well.

EOTR just announced a few names I'd love to see. Hopefully a few would pop up at Bestival seeing as it the weekend before

Website-2017.jpg

Edited by mjsell

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email from Ticketline offering weekend tickets for £150 for 48 hours only (and a refund of the difference for those of us who've already bought tickets).

So that suggests that we'll be getting the first lineup announcement in about 48 hours' time, ie midday on Friday perhaps.

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Nothing much of note re: pass outs, basically just says that people in camping can only re-enter site up until 4pm Friday, anyone staying off site needs to have a non-camping ticket and that there will be arrangements made for them to move on and off site

I'm guessing that's one of the terms of the licence. Wonder if they'll keep that stupid "alcohol on your first entry only" rule...

C&P reentry rules:

RE-ENTRY RULES

This year we are introducing re-entry rules to respect our new neighbours and the local village. Access to car parks will be allowed to help you bring in your camping equipment and bags in more than one trip if needed, but will be limited as follows:

Pass-outs to access car parks only then re-enter the event are allowed until 4pm Friday with Weekend Camping Tickets. You will not be able to leave the event on foot via the car parks.

Pass-outs and re-entry are not allowed at any time via the Shuttle Bus / Taxi Drop-off entrance with Weekend Camping Tickets.

Pass-outs and re-entry are not allowed at any entrance after 4pm on Friday with Weekend Camping Tickets.

Re-entry is permitted on all days with Weekend Non-Camping Tickets.

Once parked, it is not permitted to exit and re-enter with the vehicle with Weekend Camping Tickets at any time.

11 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Nothing much of note re: pass outs, basically just says that people in camping can only re-enter site up until 4pm Friday, anyone staying off site needs to have a non-camping ticket and that there will be arrangements made for them to move on and off site

Presumably that's mainly due to the fact that the site is only about 4 fields away from the coast, and they want to avoid people traipsing across those fields to go to the beach? Especially as some of them are used for army training as part of the local base.

alright final predictions before A-day?

The longer I look at it the more I like the sound of that RHCP potential. In Europe all of July then has a big gap until the 20th Sep when they are in Ireland.

Something like: Justice, LCD, The XX, RHCP

But maybe that seems way too strong. I'm now thinking they will only have 1 of LCD or the XX

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

The longer I look at it the more I like the sound of that RHCP potential. In Europe all of July then has a big gap until the 20th Sep when they are in Ireland.

But maybe that seems way too strong. I'm now thinking they will only have 1 of LCD or the XX

The more I think about it, I'm now hoping Morrissey makes an appearance. 

De La Soul, Justice, Morrissey, The xx,

12 minutes ago, Circus-Freak said:

Is it normal to reduce ticket prices a day before an announcement? Also, they are refunding the difference for tickets already bought, and offering Isle of Wighters a deal next week.

Good thing for the punters, however, I think Bestival has taken a huge dent in faithful followers.

It's not completely unheard of, plus it's only for 48 hours. I think it's a good move - rewarding those faithful followers who bought a ticket and £150 is good value to lure others in as well. 

Edited by The60ftOctopus

37 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Can't see the Chili Peppers being at Bestival at all. Completely different crowd.

Said earlier in the thread that my guess would be 

Suede - LCD - Macca - The XX 

Macca would be a pretty big outside bet but they've had Elton before so it's not out of the question. With what RDB has said taken into account I'd be putting ATCQ in with a shout and even someone like Lauryn Hill maybe as a co-headliner.  

Could be anyone tbh. I can see a UK exclusive for LCD happening though.