Flaming lips

russycarps

47 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

First need to get the Lips confirmed, second need to rule out Friday and a clash with Radiohead.

Genuinely wouldn't know what to do if they clashed. In fact I had a dream the other day that they did clash, I panicked and didn't know what to do so ended up staying at West Holts watching Raymond Van Barnevald play darts.

Would like to see a shrink pick the bones out of that dream.

I'd go and see Flaming lips without hesitation. I love radiohead, but the lips will provide much much more joy.

Just seen they are headlining festival number 6 too. I'd say that makes them other stage headliner size still. They werent headlining festivals of that size back in 2010, or 2003 when they subbed the pyramid.

That being said, I'm still hoping for JP sunday night!

Edited by russycarps

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Just seen they are headlining festival number 6 too. I'd say that makes them other stage headliner size still. They werent headlining festivals of that size back in 2010, or 2003 when they subbed the pyramid.

That being said, I'm still hoping for JP sunday night!

Bloc Party are about JP headliner size now (at a push) and Mogwai headlined the Park last time they played so I'd say it puts them firmly in the JP/Park headliner bracket.

32 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Ah that's even better then. They are festival whores so I cant think of any reason at all why they wont be at glastonbury. 

I don't know if it was different a decade or so but I've found them the complete opposite recently. They seem to come over to Europe/UK to do one or two festivals, go home and do a bunch of US shows for a few weeks then come over and do a single festival in Europe/UK again. So I guess there's absolutely nothing that can be read from their touring patterns and we'll just have to hope Glastonbury's bookers think it's time for them again - which is what I believe.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't know if it was different a decade or so but I've found them the complete opposite recently. They seem to come over to Europe/UK to do one or two festivals, go home and do a bunch of US shows for a few weeks then come over and do a single festival in Europe/UK again. So I guess there's absolutely nothing that can be read from their touring patterns and we'll just have to hope Glastonbury's bookers think it's time for them again - which is what I believe.

well thanks for pissing on my chips...

I meant more the fact they seem prepared to play any old festival no matter how obscure, in any position on the line up (eg playing behind those dreadful c**ts at boardmasters). So hopefully that means they will accept any offer from glastonbury, on any stage. 

Just now, russycarps said:

well thanks for pissing on my chips...

I meant more the fact they seem prepared to play any old festival no matter how obscure, in any position on the line up (eg playing behind those dreadful c**ts at boardmasters). So hopefully that means they will accept any offer from glastonbury, on any stage. 

Oh right, well what I was saying was agreeing with that. There's no chip pissing here, I think they'll play!

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Playing Hull Glasto weekend......surely nailed on? Saturday in Hull so either Friday before Radiohead (purely because I don't want that clash!) or Sunday in the John Peel which would be ace!

Aye I'd be quite surprised to not see them headline the JP on the Sunday at this point, so unless there's something ridiculously good on another stage then that's where I'll be on the Sunday night!