King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

they replied to someone on here saying that the are doing three sets. I'm seeing Thee Oh Sees tonight, so thanks for helping build my excitement with that vid :D

Aye Gizzard are, I was talking about TOS, you'll have to forgive my bad wording of it ahah. (unless you mean someone said the Sees are playing 3 times and I missed it, that's best case scenario/too good to be true stuff right there). I'd love to hear a report back, I have a ticket to Gizzard and a ticket to Thee Oh Sees in Manchester and they're on the same night. Looks like its gonna be TOS as I saw Gizzard in September and they're playing at G.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Aye Gizzard are, I was talking about TOS, you'll have to forgive my bad wording of it ahah. (unless you mean someone said the Sees are playing 3 times and I missed it, that's best case scenario/too good to be true stuff right there). I'd love to hear a report back, I have a ticket to Gizzard and a ticket to Thee Oh Sees in Manchester and they're on the same night. Looks like its gonna be TOS as I saw Gizzard in September and they're playing at G.

ahh apologies.I'm a  bit out of it this morning, yeah I was talking about King Gizzard. Seeing Thee Oh Sees at Bexhill De La Warr Pavillion, it was supposed to be in Brighton originally but got moved. Keep hearing really good things about it as a venue and Thee Oh Sees as a live band so should be good!

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

I ordered the berry version and received the clear vinyl.

Accelerated Berry variant is the clear one with splatter so you received the right one. The purple/reddy colored one is Grape splatter I believe.

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

yeah was just thinking this or Crow's Nest. A similar set time to Fat White Family in 2015 would make sense and be amazing.

Any recollection as to when that was?  I never visit the Crow's Nest at quite the right time!

12 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Any recollection as to when that was?  I never visit the Crow's Nest at quite the right time!

Apologies, I'm talking about Fat White Family's slot on the Hell stage in Shangri La. Was around 2/3am I think 

Edit - with regard to the Crow's Nest, they put a sign outside each day with their sets for the day. Pretty sure they post it on twitter too, but I normally only take a Nokia brick phone with me :)

Edited by rhg_99

8 hours ago, hpants said:

So what kind of sets are we thinking they'll play? 

Good chance of new album in full (or close to that) on the Saturday WG set since it comes out the day before I reckon. Sunday JP will be yer standard King Gizz festival set. Crows Nest is a wild card but last time they did loads of really random obscure stuff off their first couple albums - one for the die hards.

These boys are really good. Only been listening to a few songs so far though. Is their Coachella set a good indication of what we'll get for the JP set or is there a load of new stuff to consider too? Not sure I've got time to familiarise with all their albums before the fest as well as other bands so need to be tactical.

28 minutes ago, Odessa said:

These boys are really good. Only been listening to a few songs so far though. Is their Coachella set a good indication of what we'll get for the JP set or is there a load of new stuff to consider too? Not sure I've got time to familiarise with all their albums before the fest as well as other bands so need to be tactical.

Their most recent sets seem to be a mix of stuff off Nonagon Infinity, Flying Microtonal Banana and I'm In Your Mind Fuzz. Glad they've got some Mind Fuzz stuff in there as that's my favourite album of theirs. I imagine they will have some of the new/leaked album in there too as that comes out before Glastonbury. It's most similar to Nonagon Infinity.

Will be seeing them once again at Field Day on Saturday so will report back after that.

12 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Their most recent sets seem to be a mix of stuff off Nonagon Infinity, Flying Microtonal Banana and I'm In Your Mind Fuzz. Glad they've got some Mind Fuzz stuff in there as that's my favourite album of theirs. I imagine they will have some of the new/leaked album in there too as that comes out before Glastonbury. It's most similar to Nonagon Infinity.

Will be seeing them once again at Field Day on Saturday so will report back after that.

I'll check those three out then cheers! Really digging Nuclear Fusion and Work This Time, on top of others I can't remember the names of.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, suttttttt said:

Accelerated Berry variant is the clear one with splatter so you received the right one. The purple/reddy colored one is Grape splatter I believe.

Twas indeed the clear splatter and lovely it is too.

Will be keeping an eye on the Crows Nest lineup, would love to see these there.