Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

49 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Tom Petty and the lads are doing a 40th anniversary tour, with a big ol' gap in late June.

http://www.tompetty.com/tour

It was pointed out in the BST thread that he, according to a Rolling Stone interview, has one European date arranged so far and that's at Hyde Park. Whether it's BST or Radio 2 Live is unknown but no Glasto.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It was pointed out in the BST thread that he, according to a Rolling Stone interview, has one European date arranged so far and that's at Hyde Park. Whether it's BST or Radio 2 Live is unknown but no Glasto.

Really? I have to go track that down pronto. Petty is one of the bucket list I thought I'd never see.

5 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Not sure if discussed or not, thoughts on Jesus and Mary Chain? the new song is quality - UK tour ends early April... Could be a good JP slot similar to Suede the other year?

Yeah I liked the new song but don't really know much of them other than one or two songs. JP/Park headliner if they play, surely?

27 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They're headlining a festival in cornwall in September though so looks like they're active all year. Guessing some dates in europe after the uk tour?

It's possible then, not sure myself where they would play.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Chain and the lads have got more bangers than you can shake a stick at

It sounds a bit like a song that wouldn't be out of place on a Roses album. 

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Fair point. How about they just don't book him anyway, because he's a crusty yellow w*nkstain on the pillowcase of popular music?

It's impossible for a human being to ejaculate when Sting is present in their sphere of consciousness in any form.

In response to the alleged impossibility of sexual release in the presence of Sting:

He on the other hand has no such problems. In fact he had released so much of the stuff he had enough to fill a lake at the bottom of his garden.

Sting's old house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37882349.html

Edited by Fingerbobs
Wrong quote used

1 minute ago, Fingerbobs said:

He on the other hand has no such problems. In fact he had released so much of the stuff he had enough to fill a lake at the bottom of his garden.

Sting's old house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37882349.html

Wow, it is called Wilsford Cum Lake, so when you said he "released" so much "stuff" that it would fill a lake...

Ah for feck's sake. I only half read your post tbh and thought it was a "Sting has sold lots of records, look at his big house" post and then I was bringing the hilarious ejaculate material, turns out I was just repeating your joke. First I get in trouble with @Woffy for not reading things and now this; should I stop posting at times when RuPaul's Drag Race is commanding my full attention? NEVER!