Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

2 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Agreed re xx ... kasabian are massive they can sell out stadiums so they are more than a sub

It's actually the opposite in Belgium. Kasabian failed to sell out the arena The xx recently sold out twice in no time.

In Belgium Kasabian is actually something under a sub. They just got that spot because Muse was selling all those day tickets on its own.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

It's actually the opposite in Belgium. Kasabian failed to sell out the arena The xx recently sold out twice in no time.

In Belgium Kasabian is actually something under a sub. They just got that spot because Muse was selling all those day tickets on its own.

That is purely your opinion re the ticket sales so that's discredited.

They are headlining reading benicasim amongst others sold out two stadiums shows in Leicester so don't chat about arenas in belgium

10 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

That is purely your opinion re the ticket sales so that's discredited.

They are headlining reading benicasim amongst others sold out two stadiums shows in Leicester so don't chat about arenas in belgium

We're on about a Belgian festival from a Belgian guy, what's reading festival got to do with a Belgian festival.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

In a country where they are not that popular, so again there not really a sub.

They were a sub in 2015 ... by my reckoning if an English band playing a Belgian festival was a sub then their status as a sub is unquestionable. .. as such their popularity was confirmed by playing second on the final day to Muse who are equally an incredible band.

End of story

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

They were a sub in 2015 ... by my reckoning if an English band playing a Belgian festival was a sub then their status as a sub is unquestionable. .. as such their popularity was confirmed by playing second on the final day to Muse who are equally an incredible band.

End of story

Kasabian's great but they're nowhere near Arcade Fire; End of story :)

4 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

End of story

Your statement was they are more than a sub, which in Belgium they are not.

Yeah muse are amazing, well I should say were in 2005. They've been pretty stale since then though.

Edited by thetime

24 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Agreed re xx ... kasabian are massive they can sell out stadiums so they are more than a sub 

That is correct dude everyone wentry mental .. there were some sad acts who probably thought it was too noisey or too many pits.

Yes it is ... Northern accents = nnorth duhhh

It's in the Midlands. It could hardly be any more closer to the Midlands.

Are you 12?

44 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

End of story

Because phoenix headlined coachella in 2013 should they have headlined main stage at reading and headlined the pyramid at glastonbury (where they headlined the nme tent and John peel tents. Music popularity is regional.

2 hours ago, carlosd said:

I disagree. Saw them sub for Muse in RW15 and they were amazing. the crowd was super hyped. I would not mind having them again subbing the Foos.

I was there too, I can't say that the people around me were to excited. Having said that, RW15 was my 4th time seing Kasabian and first time that I actually thought they were good.

Just now, jlillycrop said:

Just stepping away from lineup for a couple of seconds...

Hows the food at Werchter? Wondering if I should get more tokens before or whether to stick with what I have and bring food from home.

Cheers in advance :)

Pretty basic festival stuff to be honest, seen worse seen better.

Will keep you going.

7 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Brian Wilson will perform Pet Sound at BBK. Could he be 2017's Patty Smith? As far as I know he didnt play the album in Belgium before. 

Difficult to beat that Patti Smith hour. I thought it would be good but didn't expect it to be one of those festival wow moments. Not often you come away from a festival set speechless. Utterly stunning performance that evening

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

I was there too, I can't say that the people around me were to excited. Having said that, RW15 was my 4th time seing Kasabian and first time that I actually thought they were good.

I was very drunk on rum by this point, but I seem to remember them being ok, nice little warm up to Muse. 

Cant say I'm a huge fan, but there is a lot worse. 

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

Difficult to beat that Patti Smith hour. I thought it would be good but didn't expect it to be one of those festival wow moments. Not often you come away from a festival set speechless. Utterly stunning performance that evening

If only I knew RW gonna book Florence again in 2016..