Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

So here's what I'd like to see on the mainstage. I know it can probably be picked to pieces and half of it disproven but hey ho! A boy can dream!

THURS
Cabbage / Seasick Steve / Lorde / Imagine Dragons / Biffy Clyro /  KINGS OF LEON / ARCADE FIRE 

FRI
White Lies / Twenty One Pilots / Royal Blood / Oscar & The Wolf / James Blake / RADIOHEAD / The Prodigy

SAT
Frank Turner / Sum 41 / Jimmy Eat World / Blink 182 / System Of A Down / LINKIN PARK / Pendulum Live

SUN
Rag N Bone Man / Feeder / Foster The People / Dropkick Murphy's / Kasabian / The Killers / FOO FIGHTERS

This would mean that Alt-J, The Lumineers, Bonobo, Bazart, Future Islands and Agnes Obel would be playing tents. I'm not sure how realistic that is. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, McCallion said:

So here's what I'd like to see on the mainstage. I know it can probably be picked to pieces and half of it disproven but hey ho! A boy can dream!

THURS
Cabbage / Seasick Steve / Lorde / Imagine Dragons / Biffy Clyro /  KINGS OF LEON / ARCADE FIRE 

FRI
White Lies / Twenty One Pilots / Royal Blood / Oscar & The Wolf / James Blake / RADIOHEAD / The Prodigy

SAT
Frank Turner / Sum 41 / Jimmy Eat World / Blink 182 / System Of A Down / LINKIN PARK / Pendulum Live

SUN
Rag N Bone Man / Feeder / Foster The People / Dropkick Murphy's / Kasabian / The Killers / FOO FIGHTERS

This would mean that Alt-J, The Lumineers, Bonobo, Bazart, Future Islands and Agnes Obel would be playing tents. I'm not sure how realistic that is. 

That would be the dream ... I hope all the negative/depressed people don't give out too much shit! !!

5 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Also, did anyone get an 8 man army tent in the Hive Resort last year? Worth the money?

Has a tipi but enquired about one this year before booking tipi again. The tents have a large open space  and not individual compartments. From what I saw they looked decent enough and when you split the costs they're reasonable value

Lorde should definitely be in a tent. Biffy Clyro isn't that big here in Belgium. There's always a dance-act on Thursday, not on the other days so on your list either Pendulum (which I see more likely to play PKP) or The Prodigy after AF. I'd put Oscar & The Wolf as sub on your list and James Blake in a tent. Twenty One Pilots and White Lies should be higher up (White Lies possibily in a tent). Jimmy Eat World isn't bigger than Sum-41 in Belgium. I'd switch Foster The People and Dropkick Murpheys and the combi Kasabian - The Killers - FF's would be a dream indeed haha :P  

15 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Hahaha, yeah they are! On a UK tour at the moment, their new album is worth checking out. A few bangers! 

Surprised no UK fest has picked them up as there still doing there thing. Probably a good shout for Kendal calling (manics, stereophonic) or V fest.

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Surprised no UK fest has picked them up as there still doing there thing. Probably a good shout for Kendal calling (manics, stereophonic) or V fest.

Yeah, I reckon you could see them high up / headlining smaller UK Fests like Bingley, Kendal and The Great Escape etc

4 hours ago, McCallion said:

THURS

FRI

SAT

SUN

That Saturday would be the best lineup for a day ever.

4 hours ago, McCallion said:

THURS

FRI

SAT

SUN

I'll vote for you at next elections

Impressive line up so far - looking from the outside I can only be jealous. If The Killers get announced for the Sunday as well it is just insane.

Does anyone know what the budget for artist bookings is? I know Roskilde's is 60 million DKK (8 million euro) but that's covering 175 artists.

Edited by jacjens

8 minutes ago, jacjens said:

Impressive line up so far - looking from the outside I can only be jealous. If The Killers get announced for the Sunday as well it is just insane.

Does anyone know what the budget for artist bookings is? I know Roskilde's is 60 million DKK (8 million euro) but that's covering 175 artists.

In a similar way to Glastonbury, roskilde is a different beast. Like Glastonbury the profits from roskikde all go to charity.

I expect the budget is a lot more at werchter, no specific figures though.

Edited by thetime

2 hours ago, gunther Mickey said:

According to the programmer of the Mainsquare festival, Twenty one pilots won't be in Europe in July. It sucks.

How certain is this

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That could make a Reading sub exclusive possible as I don't believe they are booked for anything over here at all yet.

You do know that happened last year .. why woukd it happen again?