Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Think I made the correct choice that night 

Dont get me wrong,  Florence was great and it fitted my other plans in the schedule.  Booking her again in 2016 made the choice silly because its like I chose Skunk Anansie over Patti Smith essentially. 

4 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Dont get me wrong,  Florence was great and it fitted my other plans in the schedule.  Booking her again in 2016 made the choice silly because its like I chose Skunk Anansie over Patti Smith essentially. 

My mate thought SA were fantastic last year.  I couldn't be bothered hanging around after Beck and had early night. 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

My mate thought SA were fantastic last year.  I couldn't be bothered hanging around after Beck and had early night. 

SA were fantastic indeed and the crowd was at its best too,  despite the fact its the last act on the last day. 

7 hours ago, Dietediet said:

It's actually the opposite in Belgium. Kasabian failed to sell out the arena The xx recently sold out twice in no time.

In Belgium Kasabian is actually something under a sub. They just got that spot because Muse was selling all those day tickets on its own.

I think you are right.
Kasabian is not that big in Belgium. They were lucky to sub Muse.
They were good but I can't say people were that exited.

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

In 2012 they played 4th down (fifth down if you count the dance act) between 18:15 - 19:15 ....that's more like their spot in my opinion :)

But who are we expecting tomorrow? Kaleo? The Killers? Prophets of Rage? ...others?

I really don't know who to expect, it would make sense for a big dance act but that's not really my sort of genre so I'm hoping for some decent bands.

Ideally I'd like to see The Killers but I don't know how realistic that is now, royal blood have  announced their first European dates this week, would love to see them there.

this is my first year at RW so I'm sure I want a lot of acts who were there the last two years that would bore the regulars  :lol:

23 minutes ago, Gossard said:

In 2012 they played 4th down (fifth down if you count the dance act) between 18:15 - 19:15 ....that's more like their spot in my opinion :)

But who are we expecting tomorrow? Kaleo? The Killers? Prophets of Rage? ...others?

Prophets of Rage would be my pick. Beyond that, Killers, Biffy, Frank Turner, Nathaniel Rateliffe (higher slot).

I was hoping for QOTSA, but that seems unlikely now.

Noel Gallagher is touring Europe with U2 just before June (I think), wonder if there's any chance for him?

Also any chance of Gorrilaz do we think? Could maybe go as dance act at a push? 

13 hours ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Prophets of Rage would be my pick. Beyond that, Killers, Biffy, Frank Turner, Nathaniel Rateliffe (higher slot).

I was hoping for QOTSA, but that seems unlikely now.

Noel Gallagher is touring Europe with U2 just before June (I think), wonder if there's any chance for him?

Also any chance of Gorrilaz do we think? Could maybe go as dance act at a push? 

The European leg of U2 (with Noel Gallagher indeed) begins at the beginning of July. The week after Werchter I think.

22 minutes ago, Gossard said:

My wish list.....

The Killers
Prophets of Rage
Mark Lanegan
Biffy Clyro
Weezer (no European dates yet, but touring N-America in the spring, then month and a half gap, and then NA again middle of july)

Would be over the moon with that!

11 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

After missing out on BTS the Killers would be great! Jimmy Eat World, Frank Turner and Royal Blood have all announced something this week. Would be happy to sneak them in

I'd take those ones. Not fussed about killers but be great for the amount of folks on here who love them.