Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Anyone want to bet against a quid that The Killers, who sold out standing tickets at BST in Hyde Park in a couple of hours, and top billing every other European festival in 2017, will not be playing sub at RW? I think you're all delusional thinking they'll be added. Dare to dream, but maybe dream for Foster The People instead...

Edited by gregory

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

Alt J did the barn in 2015 didnt they? Im doubting theyre main stage.

In 2015, Werchter put them way too low for their popularity, The Barn was just too damn small and later that year they also headlined Pukkelpop. There is still some hope they will headline The Barn this year so we can get a different mainstage sub before FF, but I think we should prepare for disappointment (Alt-J - FF closing mainstage)

8 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

Checking out the additions, I really like Bazart. Where do you think they'd slot onto the bill? 

they're quite popular in begium, and they rocked the barn last year. id expect them to headline the barn or mainstage around19hrs

4 minutes ago, carlosd said:

they're quite popular in begium, and they rocked the barn last year. id expect them to headline the barn or mainstage around19hrs

I think they're in a too small font for that. On the poster they're on the line below James Blake - O&TW - Royal Blood. I'd say early evening in the Barn or afternoon Main Stage.

15 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

Checking out the additions, I really like Bazart. Where do you think they'd slot onto the bill? 

They are extremely popular in Belgium. I'd expect them as Klub C headliner or second/third to last name in The Barn. I think they'd choose that option over a 5pm mainstage slot.

4 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I think they're in a too small font for that. On the poster they're on the line below James Blake - O&TW - Royal Blood. I'd say early evening in the Barn or afternoon Main Stage.

I think it's the same font size as the rest of the acts placed under the headliners... but I may be wrong... 

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

Pretty good announcement especially agnes obel and royal blood. Will catch white lies depending on clashes, used to be into them but lost there way in recent years.

Good announcement though.

I saw them at Glastonbury in 2014 (I think) and they were the surprise band of the weekend.  Wasn't expecting that much and they were excellent

First of all, we don't know if the info has any basis, it could be just a mistake by efestivals admins. And, of course, even if they are on main, they could be 3rd on main as well. However, I wouldn't take an announcement of another sub on Sunday as certain, that's my point

46 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

By the way, alt-j are listed as confirmed on the main stage on the festival line-up page on this site.

they are, tho I don't guarantee that it's right. It's a punt , so it might not be right.

I can't quite remember why I did that now, but it was something about making my working life easier at the time of adding something or other.