Did anyone else find the steel cups a bit of a let down?

johnmcga

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

both mine went through dishwasher fine

they are steel , 

British Steel.... Smelted in Sheffield and manufactured in Birmingham.... The Eavis's are doing their tiny bit to help British industry after the government screwed it up!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine at the Bimble Inn - love it, kept my cider nice and cold. Only downside that a couple of bars (around Pyramid) refused to fill up the cup directly and instead giving me a drink in a paper cup - for me to transfer over. Sort of defeated the point of not wasting paper cups! Bars around West Holts much more happy to pour directly into the steel cup - not sure if I was just unlucky at the other places!

22 hours ago, Quark said:

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a spare cup they'd consider flogging?  Was hoping to get one from the website shop but left it too late and they've all gone!

Loads listed on eBay for silly prices, no one is going to pay £70, did see some at reasonable prices though so you might get lucky. 
Charm x

21 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

I think these are them (terrible sentence)  http://glogg.co.uk/cups-information

I got one from the website shop but I found these before I did. Might not have a logo though.

7 minutes ago, Charm said:

Loads listed on eBay for silly prices, no one is going to pay £70, did see some at reasonable prices though so you might get lucky. 
Charm x

Thanks both.  Had a look at the weblink and it's the same company but without the Glastonbury logo, and just wouldn't quite be the same. And not being fleeced on eBay!

I've made my peace with the fact I didn't get one!  Next year I'll just have to get 2, one to stick straight in my bag to take home and one for use over the festival :)

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Thanks both.  Had a look at the weblink and it's the same company but without the Glastonbury logo, and just wouldn't quite be the same. And not being fleeced on eBay!

I've made my peace with the fact I didn't get one!  Next year I'll just have to get 2, one to stick straight in my bag to take home and one for use over the festival :)

They don't appear to be selling at those prices though so it might be worth keeping an eye on the lower priced ones. 
Charm x

30 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Mine don't have any logo on them - just "love the farm, leave no trace" on the bottom.
Did others have a logo?

As far as I'm aware, there's no logo on the cups from the actual festival -just writing - although the cups from Pilton Party last year had the dancing figures on the side.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

loved the steel pint cup, made for sturdier transport of pints especially through mud where I can imagine a sudden lurch with a paper cup pint could have been fateful...only now noticed the writing on the bottom per the earlier posts.

also got the water bottle, and wish the festival logo had been in colour to make it more prominent...

I've just had the steel cup arrive through the post. I was too absent minded to pick one up whenever around the bars in the park. I can confirm that the words 'love worthy farm, leave no trace. Refill not landfill' are stamped on the bottom of the cup. The sheepskin sleeve is pretty tidy. Nice memento.

On 14 July 2016 at 4:15 PM, tevaburger said:

loved the steel pint cup, made for sturdier transport of pints especially through mud where I can imagine a sudden lurch with a paper cup pint could have been fateful...only now noticed the writing on the bottom per the earlier posts.

also got the water bottle, and wish the festival logo had been in colour to make it more prominent...

My bottle definitely has the festival logo in colour? Im the other way though and wish it wasn't. I did notice over the weekend that some bottles were various sizes so there must have been different ones available.

I also got a cup and loved it. I had meant to take it back but glad I never got chance, it's now by beer cup at home. I'm sure they will be back next year. Did some of them come with the sheepskin covers then or were they available separately?

Shaun.

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

My bottle definitely has the festival logo in colour? Im the other way though and wish it wasn't. I did notice over the weekend that some bottles were various sizes so there must have been different ones available.

I also got a cup and loved it. I had meant to take it back but glad I never got chance, it's now by beer cup at home. I'm sure they will be back next year. Did some of them come with the sheepskin covers then or were they available separately?

Shaun.

they were/are available on the website.....

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/accessories/products/sheepskin-muff

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The first year they did the bottle it was bigger with a colour logo. Last year and this was smaller with no colour. I want a bigger bottle (i have two small ones and no big one) just cos it holds more but prefer the new design. 

Ahh that would explain the differing sizes, I missed the last 2 years so only got one this time round. Mine definitely has colour though and is a small bottle. I got it from the water aid kiosk up by the entrance to Kidz.