Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Actually, I take the "best bit" bit back.  It's clearly the double Thom bit in Let Down.  You can still stay though :D

The double Thom bit that Ed could quite easily do and nail live but never does. 

Sort that one out, Ralph. Go on! 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well that's the problem isn't it?  Until they clone Thom, it's never going to be the ultimate live track.

But Ed's backing vocals almost are a clone of Thom's voice. The basement sessions show that.

Another setlist prediction

1. Burn the Witch

2. 15 Step

3. 2+2=5

4. Ful Stop

5. Lotus Flower

6. Weird Fishes

7. No Surprises

8. Daydreaming

9. There There

10. Decks Dark

11. Bloom

12. You and Whose Army

13. Just

14. Identikit

15. Bodysnatchers

16. Idioteque

17. Everything In It’s Right Place

18. Pyramid Song

19. The Numbers

20. Fake Plastic Trees

21. Reckoner

22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

23. Karma Police

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 01seb said:

1. Burn the Witch

2. 15 Step

3. 2+2=5

4. Ful Stop

5. Lotus Flower

6. Weird Fishes

7. No Surprises

8. Daydreaming

9. There There

10. Decks Dark

11. Bloom

12. You and Whose Army

13. Just

14. Identikit

15. Bodysnatchers

16. Idioteque

18. Pyramid Song

19. The Numbers

20. Fake Plastic Trees

21. Reckoner

23. Karma Police

No Creep but I'd take that, actually. Nice mix.

8 hours ago, The Unpossible Ralph said:

For me, it would be the drums coming in on Exit Music, goosebumps from the first listen, and every time since

and that bass fuzz... daaaamnnn

Watch the performace of Exit Music here at 30:29 if you haven't seen it. It's the best live version of it I've heard I think. The whole thing is great though.

Edited by Madyaker

12 hours ago, 01seb said:

1. Burn the Witch

2. 15 Step

3. 2+2=5

4. Ful Stop

5. Lotus Flower

6. Weird Fishes

7. No Surprises

8. Daydreaming

9. There There

10. Decks Dark

11. Bloom

12. You and Whose Army

13. Just

14. Identikit

15. Bodysnatchers

16. Idioteque

18. Pyramid Song

19. The Numbers

20. Fake Plastic Trees

21. Reckoner

23. Karma Police

I agree, no creep is a shame but You and Whose Army I am very much appreciating 

20 hours ago, Madyaker said:

They don't strike me as a sentimental band so although it's 20 years since OKC I don't think that'll have much of a bearing on the songs they play. I think we'll only get 2 or 3 from AMSP instead of 4 or 5 like they did on the last leg of the tour. I spent a while last night trying to come up with a realistic set list but it's impossible to decide what to include :(

I wouldn't be so sure of this. In Rainbows was toured to death in 2008 and they were playing at least 8 or 9 songs from it most nights, sometimes even all 10.

Fast forward to Reading & Leeds 2009 over a year later and they still played 7 & 8 songs from In Rainbows at each festival respectively.

(Ps. They were playing a lot more than 4 or 5 from AMSP on the last leg of the tour, unless you just mean the ones played at the start of each gig?)

The 2006 tour had no new album as it's centerpiece but that was 3 years after the release of HTTT.  It was also the worst performance I've ever seen by Radiohead as it felt like they were just going through the motions playing a greatest hits set list.  

I remember Nude and Videotape being the only songs I really enjoyed that day.

10 minutes ago, cloudb said:

The 2006 tour had no new album as it's centerpiece but that was 3 years after the release of HTTT.  It was also the worst performance I've ever seen by Radiohead as it felt like they were just going through the motions playing a greatest hits set list.  

I remember Nude and Videotape being the only songs I really enjoyed that day.

was that when they did the outdoor gigs? I think london was at victoria park. Cant remember much about it really, which I guess says a lot!

@russycarps

Nah, that was the In Rainbows tour.  It was the summer the played T in the Park and V festival.

The show I saw was one of the last dates just before they finished the tour and went an recorded In Rainbows.

@CaledonianGonzo

That's the tour.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone else was as equally underwhelmed as me.

Edited by cloudb

It's a big gig standard for the band to come back on for the encore and play something suitably slow-paced, often new, like Daydreaming. Stick it on there, follow it with Paranoid Android and Karma Police and we all slink off to the naughty corner happy 

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I think it'd be cool to come back on and play EIIRP. In the downbeat catergory but gets the 'party' started again.

It's a great closer too; went down an absolute storm when they headlined Reading. I think they need to close with a big sing along, so Karma Police or Creep would make sense.