Rate the acts you saw

FloorFiller

the ones I remember...

James - 9
The Lumineers - 8
ZZ Top - 9
Bring Me The Horizon - 2 (wtf - and that's the 3rd time I've seen them)
Ronnie Spector - 9
Savages - 7 (only because the sound up at the Park was knackered)
Squeeze - 8
Baaba Maal - 7
Glen Matlock - 10 (real surprise)
Madness - 10 (always a 10, they never fail to be a 10)
Fatboy Slim - 4 (for me, stuck outside, left halfway through)
New Order - 6 (voice poor, would've loved a couple more JD)
PJ Harvey - 15 (absolutely brilliant, highlight of the whole thing)
The Selecter - 9
Coldplay - 2 (ok, attended to see the xylobands, left because the music is awful)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenna and the G's - 9

Alexia Coley - 6

James - 9

Night Beats - 7

Nao - 7

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - 7

ZZ Top - 6 (I was a bit dissapointed but not sure why!)

Ronnie Spector - 9.5

Savages - 8

Disclosure - 2 (I was just walking past but it took 30 minutes!)

Allesia Cara - 9

Lapsley - 9

Madness - 9

Echo Town - 9.5

Art Garfunkel - 9

New Order - 8.5

Caravan Palace - 9

Gregory Porter - 9.95

ELO - 8

Fishermans Friends - 8.5

Bootleg Beatles - 8.5

Gary Clark Jr - 9

Earth Wind and Fire - 9.5

There were others but I can't remember who some were (like at the Bimble Inn) til I go through the small stages and try and work out where we were!!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Struggling to see this LCD 10/10. I walked past during the show to a half empty field easily and picked up nothing from it. Could have easily done the JP which happened to be quite empty too.

The half empty field isnt really relevant in peoples assessment of a performance. The atmosphere from where I was (just in front of the right sound bit) was probably the best I've experienced at the other stage. For fans of the band it was utterly flawless and you could really tell how bowled over James and the rest of the band were by the reception. 

The Smyths - 8
DMA's - 5
James - 7
Blossoms - 5
Christine & the Queens - 9
Frightened Rabbit - 8
Ezra Furman - 8
Bring Me The Horizon - 7
Lady Leshurr - 7
Stormzy - 7
Sigur Ros - 8
Kano - 8
Palace - 7
Squeeze - 7
Alessia Cara - 7
Lapsley - 8
The Last Shadow Puppets - 8
Will Young - 8
Adele - 10
Gregory Porter - 6
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - 7
Bat for Lashes - 8
PJ Harvey - 8

2 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

The half empty field isnt really relevant in peoples assessment of a performance. The atmosphere from where I was (just in front of the right sound bit) was probably the best I've experienced at the other stage. For fans of the band it was utterly flawless and you could really tell how bowled over James and the rest of the band were by the reception. 

Fairplay. I think it was defo a you need to be a fan or may not enjoy thing.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Fairplay. I think it was defo a you need to be a fan or may not enjoy thing.

Yeh I have to agree. I took a friend of mine to see them as he is probably the most anti coldplay person I know. He enjoyed it but no where near to the extent that I or other LCD fans did. 

Friday :

- Infinite Monkey Cage 6/10 - on route to Avalon.. funny, interesting and a bonus KT Tunstall number at the end..

- Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs 7/10 - traditional annual festival start... good fun..

- Two Door Cinema Club 7/10 - My wife loves them and although it rained, it was the happiest i saw her all weekend..

- Dub Pistols 9/10 - My highlight.. dont know much of them but they had the Glade bouncing.. Great stuff.!

- Foals 5/10 - went on my own, stood to left front of stage, ankle deep with loads of latecomers barging in... abandoned after 30 mins. Shame, i love What Went Down..

- Corinne Bailey Rae 4/10 - joined my wife at another of her favourites after abandoning Foals.. Meh.. (should've stuck it out on The Pyramid)

Saturday :

- The Destroyers 8/10 - First time seeing them.. Absolutely Bonkers.!

- This is The Kit 8/10 - Charming voice and quirky personality.. too much guitar fiddling between numbers (in a Robin Pecknold - Fleet Foxes - styli) though..

- Paul Carrack 6/10 - Very accomplished.. not very thrilling.

- Art Garfunkel 3/10 - went on my own, I was tired and my knees hurt.. trodden on by over excited older ladies.. Big numbers were karaoke, lesser numbers showed he cannot hold a tune in a bucket.. He is also a bigger knob than Paul Simon.. biggest letdown of the week.. left very early.. Im sorry.. (for those that loved him)

- Adele  9/10 - What a voice..! The biggest artist in the world is British and she proved a few wrong.. The crowd loved it, she loved it.. if she would have done something out of the ordinary (cover, special guest, choir...) it would have been 9.5.. (-0.5 for the potty mouth.. 2 or 3 "fucks" would have sufficed)

Sunday :

- ELO 8/10 - a great set, so many tunes i used to love... Jeff isnt a charmer but well.. I wish the sun would have come out during Mr Blue Sky..

- Fishermans Friends 2/10 - Yo Ho Fucking Ho... but surely preferable to watching Ellie Goulding.?

- Bootleg Beatles 5/10 - They give it a go... only heard a few numbers..

- Beck 8.5/10 - Another great set... would like to see him when drier and less knackered..

- Coldplay 8/10 - I couldnt be arsed to trudge over to Earth Wind and Fire and my youngest daughter loves Coldplay... Chris Martins voice was as bad as i have heard it (i was sober) but they do like to put on a bit of a show... albeit rather gimmicky..

Overall Festival 3/10 - It was hard work.. Getting in and out of CV East, mud was strength sapping (The Avalon Bar on sat afternoon was ankle deep in gloop..). We love turning up Tuesday lunchtime, that was screwed up.. The caravan got damaged on the way out (5 hours on the A37 with RAC).

Least enjoyable in 8 festivals.. I may take next year off to try and rekindle the love..

11 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Weds/Thurs

Lokkaido King of the Lobsters – 7. Fun. Used the ‘raise your claws’ sign throughout festival to track down group members. We were not alone.

Mik Artiste -  8, just the once this year but as to be expected.

Wheel of 4 Tunes – 9. Love these guys and hats off to the pineapple inflatable boat crowd surfer. The best way to get the festival going.

Friday

Syrian Orchestra – 7 A nice gentle start to the main festival. Even found Albarn not too irritating.

James – 5 Due to late start we were able to watch the last few songs. Cant say I felt lucky. The lead singer is an ass of the highest order.

Blossoms – 6.5, pretty bland but ok.

Christine & The Queens – 9.5. Fantastic performance. Huge charisma, good tunes, interesting moves and a great voice.

The Alarm – 7. Better than I would have thought. Got the crowd going.

ZZ Top – 6.5. Bit disappointing, tunes were good but felt a bit flat so left for food halfway through.

Ronnie Spector – 8. A real hoot, glad I was persuaded to see her.

Billy Bragg – 9. Angry uncle Bill makes for a good show. After the EU vote only one place to be on Friday night.

Disclosure – 8 only saw two songs as wanted to see Richard Hawley. But the two openers were great and a large young crowd seemed well up for them.

Richard Hawley – 9. Good show, he was late on due to technical problems and I have now seen he had to drop two songs from set list which may have raised rating as they were ‘the ocean’ and ‘theirs a storm coming’. Still he encored with Coles Corner which made the night for me.

Saturday

Squeeze – 8 Great start to the day, singing along to some brilliant songs.

Baaba Maal –  7 stayed to get a good spot for Wolf Alice but enjoyed the virtuoso playing.

Wolf Alice – 9. Excellent. Thought the big stage may dwarf them but they rocked. Will be interesting to see where they go from here hopefully upwards.

Kurt Vile – 8.5. long trawl to Park stage but worth it. Freak Train was the highlight

Paul Carrack – 8. knackered by the time I had traversed the mud up to the acoustic tent. Only went to see Paul C as wanted a good spot for ART. But I thought he was really good, plenty of people there and by the end of the set all were singing along to Mike and the Mechanics songs(not something I thought I would ever write.)

Art Garfunkel – 9.5. A real highlight of the weekend. Homeward bound into the Boxer set the gig up and despite some lulls during the poems, a undoubted triumph. Spot close to front really helped it would appear judging by others comments.

New Order  - 8.5. – Brilliant intro with the Leni Riefenstahl Olympic divers, followed by 40 minutes of good solid tunes , climaxed by 35 minutes of bliss.

Sunday

Left Field Debates John Harris – 8. 90 minutes of interesting debate with Paul Mason being outstanding. Must buy his book

Kamasi Washington -9. Big crowd which surprised me but by the end spirits had been raised and the tanks recharged for the final night. Would like to catch him indoors next time he is n the country.

Laura Mvula – 7. Caught the last 3 -4 songs, enjoyable enough.

ELO – 8. Great performance but as others noted and as I had feared Jeff’s lack or charisma meant it felt a bit flat. Still delighted to butcher Wild West hero probably much to those around me’s annoyance.

Beck – 9. Really thought he was brilliant, and will jump at next chance to see him. Shame crowd were subdued but have already bought a couple of albums based on set

Coldplay -  10. Cant fault the show. The new album works live and the special effects were amazing. But what made it top score was the crowd. To get that amount of energy out of a tired wet audience after a long muddy festival takes a great show. Cant say I would bother seeing them again but you will be waiting a while to see a better last night at Glastonbury

That was me!

Gonna do it lol

Syrian Orchestra 'n' Damon - 6

James (only caught the second half) - 3

Skepta - 7

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - 9

Ezra Furman - 8

Foals - 9

Muse - 4

Car Seat Headrest - 7

Nothing But Thieves - 5

Wolf Alice - 7

Madness - 8

The Last Shadow Puppets - 8

Tame Impala - 8

James Blake - 8

Caravan Palace - 5

Hinds - 7

Jeff Lynne's ELO - 5

PJ Harvey - 9 

LCD Soundsystem - 10 

Really struggled to remember a lot of these - think I had more rum than I realised on Friday!!

Thursday

Steve Davis DJ (4) - OK this was a tricky one.  I liked the fact that he turned up and played the music he wanted to.  Certainly didn't come in and play Snooker Loopy for an hour.  BUT he did pretty much select the tunes and then sign stuff, not much DJ'ing.

Baggy Mondays (7) - always good for a craic, sun was shining and the crowd was singing.  No complaints.

Land of the Giants (7) - not as good as previous years, the sound is missing something without the trumpet player.  But still good for a bounce.

Mr B (N/A) - CN was so rammed I couldn't get near it, and you really couldn't hear him properly outside.  Sounded like fun, but a score would be inappropriate.

RSVP (8) - only stumbled across these guys by chance (and stumbled is very much the word).  What a blast.  Some odd combination of bhangra and rock, had Avalon Café absolutely bouncing.

Friday

James (9) - only thing that stopped it being a 10 was the faff around getting them started and the feeling that they were cut a wee bit short.  One of my favourite bands  growing up and first chance to see them live.  Tim's crowdsurfing antics raised a proper smile, and his voice was surprisingly good.

Blossoms (4) - meh.  Not terrible, but nothing to particularly hold my interest. Bit dull really.

Skepta (N/A) - caught the tail end of his set, did sound very good but not there long enough to rate him.

Two Door Cinema Club (8) - thought they nailed it for a Friday afternoon.  Not a band I'm hugely familiar with but thoroughly enjoyed the set.

Note - at this point I started drinking rum so it all went a bit downhill...

Editors (7) - solid performance as always, no complaints.

Bastille (8) - had to remind myself that I'd seen them (see comment re: rum consumption).  Once I remembered seeing them, I also remembered having a bloody great time.  Transitioned from JP to Other stage really well.

Disclosure (2) - oh dear God. I have never been so bored.  Decided to see them over Richard Hawley or Sigur Ros to stay with a couple of friends and have a boogie instead of a more chilled out set.  What a mistake.  Rum played a part, but I actually managed to fall asleep standing up in the Other field, caught only by one of my friends as I began toppling forward.  Says it all.

Saturday

Squeeze (N/A) - heard from our camp up in Big Ground.  Sounded really good from up there, but wasn't really paying enough attention to score.

Heal The Last Stand (6) - would have scored them higher, but that would have included finding a seat and having a proper mug of tea.  Pleasant afternoon acoustic stuff.

Beans on Toast (7) - finally got round to seeing him, glad I did.  Crowd interaction was as good as the music.

3 Daft Monkeys (8) - never get bored of seeing these guys.  Got a good 50% of Toad Hall out of their chairs and dancing.

Madness (8) - possibly just because I've seen them so many times, but certainly got the crowd going.  Some of their newer stuff just not as well known (but stil good), and feels like something's just missing without Chas.

Churches (9) - blew me away.  I like their album and gave it a few listens beforehand, but I was really, really surprised by their live turn.  Nailed it.

New Order (8) - Bernard's voice wasn't great (didn't expect it to be) and really, really wanted them to play Regret.  But loved seeing them at last.

Sunday

Andy Marshall (6) - Crooner's Corner, pleasant stop on the wander through.

Mark Simmons (5) - not a great stand up set in Cabaret.  Jimmy Carr / Sean Lock pun type gags, fell a bit flat in places.

Mystery Jets (7) - don't know their stuff well enough to get involved, but they made a lot of very good noises!

Saint Etienne (8) - didn't think I knew much of their stuff, turned out to be a background soundtrack to my teenage years.  And had a good old dance to He's On The Phone.

Coldplay (9) - great way to end the weekend.  I'm not their biggest fan, but nor am I in the cool to hate Coldplay camp.  They sounded great, the light show was great, the cameos were great.  It was great.  I know some people see the wristbands as gimmicky, but it made everyone feel part of the show.  Loved it.

Edited by Quark

Wednesday:

Girlfriend got a bite from a horsefly during the 10 hours of traffic.   

Thursday:

*Girlfriends arm is swollen and very red with some blistering around the bite. 

Park home ground medical tent:  6/10 waited for about 20 minutes then saw a doctor who prescribed antibiotics and told us to come back if swelling spread

*Swelling had increased and redness was spreading along her vein up her arm.

Cabaret medical tent: 3/10 :  was told gf might have to leave glasto to go to hospital to be put on a drip, we had a bit of a cry, told we needed to go to the main medical center to see another doctor. 

Big ground medical center: 8/10:  saw one doctor who then consulted with head of trauma who was incredibly blasé  ( in a very pleasant and reassuring way) told to keep taking the antibiotics and prescribed some cream to reduce the pain. no hospital trip Hooray. Also saw someone getting arrested which was fairly exciting.  

Never had to use the medical tents before so was strange seeing three in one day but all the nurses and doctors were all very lovely.

Friday :

Beans on Toast (green peace) 7/10: Been meaning to see him the last few years and really glad i finally did, great songs great personality half the set was decided by shout outs from the crowd, loved it. 

Christine and the queens: 6/10: quite interesting and different  but i couldn't really get into it, however  my girlfriend really enjoyed it. 

Frightened rabbit (other)6/10: My favorite band, the worst i have seen them perform, had to cut down there set which upset them and everything seemed a bit rushed and there was barely any crown interaction. still bloody loved every single song though. 

The Lumineers : 8/10: very impressed helped that the sun came out as they started but they bought the crowd to life which was fantastic, new songs went down really well and everyone seamed to be having a lovely old time. 

Editors: 8/10 : Another of my favorite bands and this time i was not disappointed, songs from the new album which i'm still a little unsure of worked really well very happy in my own little editors bubble singing along. Also Tom Smiths T-Rex arm dancing will never fail to entertain me. 

Reef: 7/10 caught then end of their set from outside but Williams green looked fairly rammed and everyone was dancing. Got to sing along to place your hands with a family who were also sitting outside which was lovely. 

Frightened rabbit(Williams green) 9.5/10 My favorite band, the best i have seen them perform, had everything the other set was missing, the atmosphere and crowd were amazing, new songs were great and Scott's chat was fantastic (if a little drunk). One of my highlights, so glad i gave them another go after the first set. 

Muse: 7/10 never seen them before and was expecting big things and was a little let down, thought they put on a great show but it all got a bit to much space opera for me and i found myself losing interest at points. Also didn't help that they only played 1 song from origin of symmetry but i'm also aware that that's now a 15 year old album and they want to play there newer stuff, but if they could have thrown in new born or bliss i probably would have had a "moment"

Saturday

Nothing but thieves: 7.5/10 very good crowd for an early set, Singer had some issues right at the start but sorted it and the rest of the set was brilliant. Think these guys could go quite far. 

Beans on Toast (Avalon) 8.5/10 : This was brilliant fun, big crowd who were really into it, from what i have read on here looks like his repeated claim that this was his best gig ever could be true. He opened with quite an emotional ode to 2016 song, plucked a drummer from the crowd, did a lovely little crowd surf and performed  "i cant get a gig at Glastonbury this year" for the last time ever(or so he claimed) definitely going to try and catch him again.   

Tourettshero and captain hotknives 8/10: thanks to the lesser known acts thread i found these guys and they were hilarious, had a smile on my face for the entire thing and at one ill timed place spat a chip a few meters through the air as i laughed so hard. 

Madness 5/10: we were quite far back and the atmosphere wasn't really the party one i was hoping for. thought the highway to hell cover was awful and we were a bit confused as to what was happening.  The run of one step beyond, house of fun, baggy trousers, our house was pretty fun though. 

Ferocious dog 7/10: love a bit of fiddle also loved the two pints of brothers i was drinking 

Chvrches 8.5/10 : Saw them at JP three years ago and they were brilliant, this was even better. 

M83 7.5/10: girlfriend really wanted to see them so went with her, really good atmosphere only knew a few songs but danced the whole way through, crowd was pretty small but everyone was loving it, plus it meant i could leave for the toilet and get back to where i was near the front. 

Sunday

Newton Faulkner 6.5/10:  only really knew dream catch me (which i loved), and his special effect guitars seamed a little gimmicky but he came across as a really nice and funny guy, and finishing his set playing Bohemian rhapsody in his pants was fantastic.

Bears Den 7/10 : lovely songs, not really helped by the weather and time, excited to go see them at a smaller venue in December. 

Nathaniel Rateliff & the night sweats 6/10: went with friends who wanted to see them, they were pleasant enough but not really my thing. 

Catfish & the Bottlemen 4/10: went with my gf, thought that maybe i had let this forum influence my opinion of them too much and i do actually quite like a couple of their songs. Turns out the general opinion on here is right. All fairly generic indie stuff and for some reason i found the lead singer rather unlikable. However the crowd was rather large and loads of people appeared to be loving it.

Coldplay 10/10: Well this was a surprise, same as lots of people on here have said went in with medium expectations, was a fan of the older stuff but stopped paying much attention since X&Y and think there more recent stuff is pretty darn terrible. However everything about this set was perfect, the bits i expected to be good were amazing (yellow, the scientist, fix you) the new songs somehow were fun and enjoyable, the wristbands where pretty and effective, the viola beach tribute was emotional, Barry Gibb was brilliant, Micheal eavis' my way was lovely, and the crowd was just fantastic.
Annoying that i now have to tell people my favorite ever gig was a bloody Coldplay gig but it really was perfect. 

1 hour ago, Hovis said:

Tourettshero and captain hotknives 8/10: thanks to the lesser known acts thread i found these guys and they were hilarious, had a smile on my face for the entire thing and at one ill timed place spat a chip a few meters through the air as i laughed so hard. 

Saw them in the Glade on Sunday early afternoon. Fantastic.

I hope to catch them again

Don't think I saw as much as I wanted (mud played major factor)

thursday:

Steve Davis - N/A, pulled a crowd a similar size to coldplay (or it felt like that). gave up.

The Smyths - 7/10. Rammed in there. Kind of got in amongst it and sang along with everyone. Enjoyable but should have got there earlier.

Clean Cut Kid - 4/10. Dull. Was trying to get a good spot for the secret act.

DMA's - 7.5/10. Was glad to see them on the bill. Despite them being scruffy af, think they're a talented band and though they were excellent when I saw them in Bristol in May. Didn't get the usual massive crowd for that slot and many seemed uninterested. But I enjoyed them and the singer has got a good set of vocals.

Ended up at the Rabbit Hole dancing until this band came on about 2. They were alright. Not what I was wanting at that time of night tho.

Friday

James - 3/10 - got fed up waiting, got food and watched from the back. Found it a bit self indulgent and dull.

Skepta - 7/10 - caught the last half hour. Crowd were good and a lot of energy. Pretty decent.

Christine and the Queens - 9/10. Find of the weekend for me. Amazing energy, catchy songs. Hope she progresses. Very different.

ZZ Top - 7/10 - bit samey at the start but tunes at the end were worth it.

Foals - 8/10. Got a good spot and good atmosphere. I'm not really into their plinky indie stuff. My Number is obviously a great tune. Their heavy stuff is awesome tho and apart from the sound cut on the last song, they delivered in that department.

Alunageorge - 7/10. I Was on a high and got there for White Noise and the last couple. She wasn't bad but I was waiting for Sigur Ros.

Sigur Ros - 10/10. Was umming over the clashes but made the right choice. The sound is incredible and so are the lights. Stunning set and great crowd. One of the best I've ever seen. All round perfection.

Ambled around and walked to shangri la only to be told they were full. Made the wrong choice! :(

Saturday

Squeeze - 7.5/10. Got there as tempted came on. Good set, good sound. Still look like they've got some legs live.

Alessia Cara - 6/10. I like one or two of her songs which were good to hear. Good voice but the rest of her material is pretty mediocre. Couple of my mates saw Beans on Toast and Jagwar Ma instead, I think I made an error here.

Band Of Skulls - 6.5/10. Good sound to them but there isn't much stage presence. 

The Last Shadow Puppets - 7/10. The tunes I knew, I liked. Reckon they'd have been better on a smaller stage. The last time I saw Alex Turner on that stage he was developing his presence and was fantastic in 13. Seems like he tipped the scales too far the other way these days. 

Tame Impala - 9.5/10. Can't quite believe their transition. Saw them in 13 and was not in a hurry to see them again even tho lonerism is a top album. Seeing them at bestival last year blew my mind, and they were every bit as good to a huge crowd. Brilliant atmosphere and I think they're one big commercial hit and a good album from headlining it. Genuinely love this band. KP is a bit special.

Adele/New Order/Carl Cox/James Blake - 7/10. Went a bit hyper and dragged my mate all over the place over this couple of hours. He wasn't happy and I don't blame him. Probably should have stuck at Adele. All were ok, but couldn't settle on anything and went to SE corner in the end. Nearly killed me, saw dub pistols who were alright. Had a fantastic cheese toastie.

Sunday 

Heaton and Abbott - 8.5/10 passed them getting food and then all the old classics came on so I stayed. Beautiful south stuff reminded me of a being a kid. Really enjoyed them. Loved Rotterdam and Happy Hour!

Must admit I was spent at this point. Packed and missed ELO.

Beck - 9/10. Shame the crowd were shite. I was belting out half of his set. Thought he was great. 

LCD Soundsystem - 10/10. Wow. Even better than I hoped. Everything on point. Someone Great, Losing my Edge, New York I love you, dance yourself clean and all my friends...probably the best last 40ish minutes of a gig I've ever seen. It was incredible.

Stanton Warriors and Plump DJs - 8.5/10. Can hardly remember it but I've always liked these guys and they haven't lost it. Great set at Arcadia to round it off.

Edited by mb'satglasto