Queuing on the A37

ManchesterGlasto

1 hour ago, filmguy said:

Does that include Blue Gate?

All pedestrian gates are 24 hour entry and all car parks also, so whatever time you arrive you'll be able to park and enter the festival, however, I don't know if there's any car park restrictions this year due to the ground, I guess you'll be directed by local police and stewards if this is the case. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

We've heard from the police up on the A361 that they're looking to hold the CVs on the Bath show ground until the queues go down and let them go after. 

I think that's been happening for hours.

I'm just monitoring this clusterfuck from home. Not sure what help I can be since you all have the internet on yer phones, but if there's any way I can help other than lending you my teleporter just ask.

Note: I'm not lending you my teleporter. I need it for Clashfuckyoular Friday.

The reception guy has now come to us in the resturant and said it's all fine and carpark spaces are being created in some other area. I'm writing a complaint I think for giving me a little heart attack

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

The reception guy has now come to us in the resturant and said it's all fine and carpark spaces are being created in some other area. I'm writing a complaint I think for giving me a little heart attack

Send me the post code / address / phone number of this place and the tits name and I'll ring up with ridiculous bookings and enquiries.

just been sent past blue entrance as road closed, have caravan so being sent to holding ground, anyone in same boat? What's it like up there? My kids n partners are about 1/2 mile behind us and will apparently be let in the purple gate. Unfortunately we've got all their gear not feeling very festivally at the moment!

10 minutes ago, Tuttifrutti said:

just been sent past blue entrance as road closed, have caravan so being sent to holding ground, anyone in same boat? What's it like up there? My kids n partners are about 1/2 mile behind us and will apparently be let in the purple gate. Unfortunately we've got all their gear not feeling very festivally at the moment!

Trust me, I didn't either. It will work out fine, just look forward to tomorrow on site enjoying the glorious weather.

Was mad even getting here by coach today. Left Liverpool at 8am and got to gate A at 4pm. Now considering how long some have had to wait, I know this isn't all that long but its normally a four hour journey.

We were on the approach to gate A stuck in traffic when the coach driver told us that he'd have to do a half hour stop because legally he'd been driving too long already because he got lostnin Bristol city centre. Luckily he didn't have to stop because we got through gate A before the driver's time was up. Absolute nightmare journey though.

Some people have had horrendous journeys; seems it's down to bad weather at the worst time, causing a delay in opening car parks that's had a knock on effect. 

If anything it's a useful reminder of how well the system of opening the car parks the night before usually works.

On the plus side, no queue to speak of at Pedestrian Gate B when we went through a little after 11 (and given it was raining earlier, I was happier queuing in my car than I would have been queuing in that mud).

Having seen a nasty looking accident involving festival goers on the A303 earlier, I just hope everyone makes it here safely.

Safe travels for anybody still on the road. The site has quite a bit of mud and some of it is hard going although it is drying up. if you're planning on arriving through the night, my advice would be to get a few hours sleep in your car until it gets light. Then head for the gates when you can see where you're walking and camping.

good luck, 

Shaun

Just come back home from the site. A37 is still pretty congested I'm afraid but seems to be getting better. Road from Glastonbury town is much better I'm told.

Car parks are not full.

There were noticeably less people on site then there were at this time last year.

The festival has not been cancelled. It's waiting for YOU.

Edited by Ommadawn

Left Crawley at 5:30 am was pitched by 1.  This is around normal timing for us. The only difference was we were queuing in car rather than in the chicanes by gate A.  We divert so we end up on the west and each carpark we passed yellow , bronze , red denied us until we got to pink.  Ended up in pink 51.  So lucky really as it could be been pink 57.

We did 2 runs...2nd time much harder as ground began drying so mud was very sticky.  Even the better trolleys were struggling.

Anyone still to arrive... sled seem to be fairing the best.