glasto.jpg.89e0dae905229460206a91ae2fbba5e0.jpg

"Mr. Blue Sky"

Sun is shinin' in the sky,
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin'
Everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day.

Runnin' down the avenue,(Pant, Pant, Pant)
See how the sun shines brightly
In the city on the streets
Where once was pity,
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today.

[Chorus:]
Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away
For so long where did we go wrong.

Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do,
Everybody smiles at you.

Hey you with the pretty face,
Welcome to the human race
A celebration Mr. Blue Sky's
Up there waitin' and today
Is the day we've waited for

[Chorus]

Mr. Blue you did it right,
But soon comes Mr. Night,
Creepin' over, now his
Hand is on your shoulder,
Never mind I'll remember you this way.

48 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

"Mr. Blue Sky"

Sun is shinin' in the sky,
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin'
Everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day.

Runnin' down the avenue,(Pant, Pant, Pant)
See how the sun shines brightly
In the city on the streets
Where once was pity,
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today.

[Chorus:]
Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away
For so long where did we go wrong.

Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do,
Everybody smiles at you.

Hey you with the pretty face,
Welcome to the human race
A celebration Mr. Blue Sky's
Up there waitin' and today
Is the day we've waited for

[Chorus]

Mr. Blue you did it right,
But soon comes Mr. Night,
Creepin' over, now his
Hand is on your shoulder,
Never mind I'll remember you this way.

This is what we need!!

Looking on the bright side, having all this rain while we are off site is a good test of the drainage, should be easy to identify any issues this weekend where water hasn't cleared. 

Hope all the crew on site are staying safe and don't have too much trouble finishing the build, wishing the weather is kinder to you lot for the rest of the week!

Once the ground is wet, it may look ok now but once 100,000 + people walk over it, it soon churns up and turns to mud. And anymore rain once everyone is there will soon make it a mud bath. But who cares?! I'll have fun either way! 2005 was one of the best Glastonbury's I've been to :)

12 hours ago, cammie81 said:

2005 and 2007 scared me to be-jebus but drainage should ensure those are distant festivals. 

One would think but then the festival could easily have been this weekend. I'm confident about next week right now, but I'm more concerned about next year as I'd convinced myself 05/07 could never happen again...

30 minutes ago, paulo999 said:

The massively flooded bits have emptied out. It was the whitelake river that burst, in the same place it did in 2005.

There's still standing water in a couple of places, and the fields are generally squelchy, but there's still time for recovery.

Here's hoping :)

Right. It's pretty wet underfoot everywhere and where it's been churned it's messy. Met a bunch of crew from different teams who lost time yesterday. Although overcast it doesn't look like rain today. Most are gonna make the most of it and do a big day.

50 minutes ago, paulo999 said:

The massively flooded bits have emptied out. It was the whitelake river that burst, in the same place it did in 2005.

There's still standing water in a couple of places, and the fields are generally squelchy, but there's still time for recovery.

Here's hoping :)

15 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Right. It's pretty wet underfoot everywhere and where it's been churned it's messy. Met a bunch of crew from different teams who lost time yesterday. Although overcast it doesn't look like rain today. Most are gonna make the most of it and do a big day.

Even though its pretty wet, if the post above saying the massively flooded bits have emptied is correct, it shows how quickly the place drains.

If we can have plenty of dry weather between now and wednesday, it might not be too bad?

I have been upto PG A today where we are camped and it is squelchy in our field but not disastrous right now.  As long as we don't have any more heavy rain then there is a chance it won't be too bad in most areas underfoot.  The areas flooded aren't going to recover and will become muddy but hopefully once trampled won't be too bad.  They have closed access to bronze car parks to protect the fields from being churned before necessary.  I think it is a phase of protect for as long as we can and give everything the most chance to recover before everyone arrives.  We need some wind to dry the ground too.  Anyway it is what it is and everyone will just get on with it and still have a super festival, the forecast is promising so that helps too :)

7 minutes ago, medzy said:

I have been upto PG A today where we are camped and it is squelchy in our field but not disastrous right now.  As long as we don't have any more heavy rain then there is a chance it won't be too bad in most areas underfoot.  The areas flooded aren't going to recover and will become muddy but hopefully once trampled won't be too bad.  They have closed access to bronze car parks to protect the fields from being churned before necessary.  I think it is a phase of protect for as long as we can and give everything the most chance to recover before everyone arrives.  We need some wind to dry the ground too.  Anyway it is what it is and everyone will just get on with it and still have a super festival, the forecast is promising so that helps too :)

Where are said flooded areas?

Just went in via ped gate B it's not too bad at the moment you could just about get through with walking boots it is muddy in places any more rain and wellies may well be essential on the flip side with more sunshine it will dry up 

3 minutes ago, M_Il said:

Just went in via ped gate B it's not too bad at the moment you could just about get through with walking boots it is muddy in places any more rain and wellies may well be essential on the flip side with more sunshine it will dry up 

How deep we talking?