Football 16-17

kaosmark2

14 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Some game, this! 

Christian Eriksen has just played one of the passes of the season. Not a bad finish by Alli, either :ph34r:

Yeah, it has been quality. Oddly enough, I'm actually supporting Spurs (I'm an Arsenal fan) just because it would be great to see a Spurs vs Arsenal final. I'd love that to be Wenger's final game. I'm just dreaming though, what will probably happen is Arsenal will lose to City and Wenger will end up staying :lol:

Edited by CRW5252

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Well it definitely won't be that final now. So many good goals in this game, Matic's being the best of the lot!

I'm assuming you don't want Wenger to stay? :lol:

Absolute banger by Matic. 

No, I don't want him to stay. I had quite the debate about it a few pages back on this site :P 

2 hours ago, lost said:

Really enjoying this.. These two teams are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league, cracking match!

I still think Spurs are being a bit overrated and there is an element of flat track bully about them. Have heard a lot in the last couple of weeks about how Spurs are at present the best team in the league. However I'm not convinced I would ever favour them in the really big matches.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I still think Spurs are being a bit overrated and there is an element of flat track bully about them. Have heard a lot in the last couple of weeks about how Spurs are at present the best team in the league. However I'm not convinced I would ever favour them in the really big matches.

Definitely not at Wembley.

cant wait to see them in a relegation battle next season :D

Well that was an unexpected performance and result. It's only taken Wenger 20 years to change he's tactical approach and luckily he hasn't even had to come up with it himself. 

I hoped for 1 of 2 things when I woke up this morning - a ticket for Glasto and an Arsenal win (with the ticket taking a much higher priority) - amazingly finished the day with both so am a happy chap. 

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I hope Liverpool get top 4. I would be interested to see who Klopp could attract with champions league football.

I'm torn. They've spent nish money and are trying to scam their way to success. If it was a choice between one year back in the CL or owners that will invest, im up for the longer term angle. 4 teenagers on LFC's bench today. Garbage.

Edited by Wooderson

If Liverpool get top 4 then I hope their fans are prepared for a shocker of a season next year. They have a thin squad for a team that only plays domestically, no way they can reinforce it with enough players for Europe as well. 

Good weekend for Arsenal. Hopefully we can keep this tiny bit of momentum going midweek against Leicester to take into the NLD. We win that and people will be so confused with what they want from Wenger. 

Well Arsenal beating City was fun. Can't pretend we deserved it, but it was the best we've played in ages. Hopefully the team can carry this on to the end of the season now. Still expect Chelsea to do the double.

Watched most of the second half El Classico, and what a game! Great attacking play, goals, and entertainment, but some of the defending was pretty awful. Real having nobody in front of the back 4 in the last minute of the game is nothing short of lunacy. All to play for now over there.

Looks like it'll either be Hull of Swansea for the drop, although Burnley probably need a point to be sure. Hull probably have the easier games, and a two-point lead as it stands. Considering they only had something like 14 players at the start of the season, it's nothing short of remarkable that Hull could remain a Prem side at the end of the season.

Its defo best that LFC get top 4. It looks as if the owners will invest more if they do and its far better for Klopp as to who he can get in if he has that CL carrot to wave about. Read recently that expansion of the Anfield road end and whether they pull the trigger on the planning permission that has been granted (and due to expire this year or next??) will depend on CL qualification this year (dont know how reliable that info is BTW), but if they do qualify this year the stadium could very soon be 60K+,  which is where LFCs capacity should have been for decades to help with cashflow competition between the big clubs.

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Sad news about Zlatan. Hopefully its not an awkward one/total rupture. He didnt look too swollen in the pic he posted. 

as someone with (still) two ruptured knee ligaments (ACL & PCL) 25 years after they were ruptured (and a broken knee at the time too) i know there's little in the way of swelling.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as someone with (still) two ruptured knee ligaments (ACL & PCL) 25 years after they were ruptured (and a broken knee at the time too) i know there's little in the way of swelling.

Sorry what? you have a double ruptured knee? And have done for 25 years?

17 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

but if they do qualify this year the stadium could very soon be 60K+,  which is where LFCs capacity should have been for decades to help with cashflow competition between the big clubs.

Pure capacity wont increase cashflow by anything substantial. It is the corporate side of an increase that starts to up the profit margins. Its why a lot of teams prefer to build new stadiums than upscale pre-existing ones. Increasing corporate facilities is difficult with an old stadium