The "what do you do" thread.

RichardWaller

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a transport controller. I manage a rabble of couriers. 

It's really taxing on the brain cells. I have to be multi tasking 90% of the day, but it's the most fun job I've ever had. Van drivers might be a terror on the roads but they are for the most part a great group of guys, we have such a laugh! :)

I work for a property developer, it's interesting and I get on well with my boss so it doesn't really feel like work. I'm also a qualified massage therapist and take care of my friends and family, don't require payment for this as I just like to help people. 
Charm x

When I'm not obsessively scouring this forum I use my laptop to do quality compliance officery type things for a filtration manufacturer. Our products are used in a range of markets from final filtration of vaccines and Cancer battling drugs through to food and beverage. So when you're enjoying that first pint of Brothers on Wednesday...  You're welcome!

I was a EMT for 27 years until last April. I had to leave as my dad died of a brain tumour and I could not deal with seeing dead people on a regular basis anymore. I now am the South West Regional Fundraising Manager for the Brain Tumour Research Charity. 

This will be my 7 th Glastonbury working for FMS. Love my jobs and love the festival x

I'm an Operations Manager for a payroll provider. Love my job, no two days are the same. 

I was previously a full time self-employed DJ. At that time I vowed I would never work for somebody as I enjoyed the freedom of being my own boss.

Then I had to get serious as being a successful DJ for my entire working life would be very difficult. My role now effectively allows me to run the company I work for. Best of both worlds - security and freedom :)

23 minutes ago, MrHew said:

I'm a team leader at Ecotricity (green energy company). I bloody love my team and my jobs cool. So busy that the days absolutely fly by. 

I took a bit of an interest in green energy while I was at uni (mainly renewables). Hopefully it will really take off in the future. 

I work in maintenance for a company that manufactues semiconductors. Have had my ups and downs over the years (working full time and studying takes it out of you) but I am enjoying it again now. It is pretty interesting how they actually do it.

I have almost qualified as a social worker after two years of a Masters degree. I am currently elbow deep in a disertation which needs to be mostly done before I go and have fun on the farm. On the upside, I have a job as a children's social worker due to start in September so I'm enjoying a *mostly deserved* summer off.

46 minutes ago, Charm said:

I work for a property developer, it's interesting and I get on well with my boss so it doesn't really feel like work. I'm also a qualified massage therapist and take care of my friends and family, don't require payment for this as I just like to help people. 
Charm x

I might need to hunt you down next week....pulled neck/shoulder muscle at the weekend whilst yawning and stretching and it's still a bit sore. Don't have time to go for a neck/shoulder massage due to working non-stop until we leave. Hot water bottles at the ready......this pain will be gone for Glasto lol xx 

40 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

I was a EMT for 27 years until last April. I had to leave as my dad died of a brain tumour and I could not deal with seeing dead people on a regular basis anymore. I now am the South West Regional Fundraising Manager for the Brain Tumour Research Charity. 

This will be my 7 th Glastonbury working for FMS. Love my jobs and love the festival x

Sorry to hear that buddy :( The research charity you work for doesn't happen to be based in a place called Padbury does it? 

I'm a truck driver, pretty easy job, bit dull but pays well, only downside is having to contend with morons in cars who are far too busy playing with their phones and  satnavs to actually look out of their windows and concentrate on what's going on around them.