Last Shadow Puppets - Cringe Fest?

McCor

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Might miss the start on the way over from the Vilester but hopefully that's where they play Bad Habits. 

i'll be doing the same, although unfortunately at their last few shows they've stopped opening with Bad Habits so we may have to grin and bare it yet

Yep, seen them on telly recently. The whole act - fake accent and all seems pretty embarrassing. Fortunately I'm not into the music either so have no worries about having to cringe my way through it. :D If I liked the music then it would seriously grate on me. 

Alex seemed really cool when he was younger, maybe it's just that he was shy and didn't open his gob so much. I'll always have a fondness for Artics pre-AM (and that even spawned two decent singles), but they seem to have resigned themselves to being boring, never had any time for Miles Kane or TLSP as a project.

4 minutes ago, rubenz said:

They have obviously got hold of some top quality hooter and are just getting stuck in and making the most it.

I wish whatever Turner is on he'd share some of it for GF, he's tuned to the moon constantly 

2 hours ago, McCor said:

I've seen a few interviews & live performances on TV, and I just find the whole thing a bit cringy! Suddenly Alex is the campest straight guy on the planet, I can't put my finger on it!! 

This is Martin L Gore and he is by far the campest straight guy on the planet. The fact he is a musical genius means I could not care about his image. Can you imagine the stick I got as a kid for liking a band who dressed like that? 

If you like the music then go watch them. Close your eyes if his leggins make you squirm. I am not a fan of their music so will be elsewhere, but I would definitely not let their image put me off. Hot Chip look like the biggest geeks on the planet, but all that matters is their music, not their over sized wooly jumpers.

dc917c4be80421d0e8401be746e0db0a.jpg

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

This is Martin L Gore and he is by far the campest straight guy on the planet. The fact he is a musical genius means I could not care about his image. Can you imagine the stick I got as a kid for liking a band who dressed like that? 

If you like the music then go watch them. Close your eyes if his leggins make you squirm. I am not a fan of their music so will be elsewhere, but I would definitely not let their image put me off. Hot Chip look like the biggest geeks on the planet, but all that matters is their music, not their over sized wooly jumpers.

dc917c4be80421d0e8401be746e0db0a.jpg

When I say cringe, of course I don't mean offend or anything. I'm a raging lesbian myself, so camp does not offend. Perhaps I've used the wrong description. It's just the general persona these days, and seeing a band live, of course their persona is part of the experience. I'll probably see them all the same anyway!

Just now, EighteenSixty7 said:

Might get a bit of it, if they were sub it'd definitely be about right as that's how I remember Weller last year.

aye sub time is when the sun starts to set - the sun should (hopefully) still be in full blast when TLSP are on

hope they don't open their set with anything too great - can't really be arsed rushing from Kurt Vile to make it, but they seem to have switched from Bad Habits to some pretty good songs

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

hope they don't open their set with anything too great - can't really be arsed rushing from Kurt Vile to make it, but they seem to have switched from Bad Habits to some pretty good songs

Yeah, I looked into it after you said and they've switched to starting their sets with Miracle Aligner and Sweet Dreams, TN - both stone cold killers of songs - and the other day they started with I Want You (She's So Heavy) so I'll be aggrieved to miss any of those three. I'm pretty confident when it comes to striding from stage to stage in the quickest possible time though so I feel good about not missing owt.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

aye sub time is when the sun starts to set - the sun should (hopefully) still be in full blast when TLSP are on

As already said, they've opened with I Want You and I think they did so throughout the UK mini tour. But I don't think they've opened up with it for a whole until last night/the other day?

If they play Sweet Dreams, TN anywhere near the middle or end then I'll end up drunkenly murdering it. Pattern will be a moment. 

Really really looking forward to seeing them, going into Tame Impala is even better. 

Edited by EighteenSixty7

Alex Turner has always been a tool. Sure he's become more of a tool in recent years, but he was still a 7/10 on the tool scale beforehand. 

Miles Kane I can take or leave. Saw him 5 years or so ago at Y Not and it just washed over me.

There are literally hundreds more interesting things to do at Glastonbury than watch those guys!

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not that au fait with Martin Gore, but I presumed that his was a BDSM thing.  Master and Servant and all that.

Not sure what it is, all I know is he had pretty poor taste in clobber. As a wise man once said "Gotta be a loose fit"

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Alex Turner has always been a tool. Sure he's become more of a tool in recent years, but he was still a 7/10 on the tool scale beforehand. 

Miles Kane I can take or leave. Saw him 5 years or so ago at Y Not and it just washed over me.

There are literally hundreds more interesting things to do at Glastonbury than watch those guys!

Ah come on now, we were doing so well. 

35 minutes ago, McCor said:

When I say cringe, of course I don't mean offend or anything. I'm a raging lesbian myself, so camp does not offend. Perhaps I've used the wrong description. It's just the general persona these days, and seeing a band live, of course their persona is part of the experience. I'll probably see them all the same anyway!

And I am sure you will enjoy it :D