New bands added, happy?

Fred Zepplin

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

stoked about Jagwar Ma. managed to miss them the last two times they played due to clashes but this time round they're totally clash free and i'll be up front going mental, and then retreating to have a relax to Kurt Vile

Keep an eye on Crows Nest over the weekend as well...

Edited by mufcok

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Keep an eye on Crows Nest over the weekend as well, they will be playing a live set in there as well ;)

good stuff, although i'm lucky enough that this first set isn't clashing with anything - i anticipate the second one almost certainly will! didn't expect them back without a new album but i love the first so much that i'm totally okay with it

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Just like Beck, they aren't. It's a weak Pyramid.

Foals aside they're certainly weaker looking subs than last year at least, although i'm a fan of the two of them so am glad they're both getting longer than an hour sets!

Absolutely outstanding. Lost for words. There isn't a single name there that I really detest but I could personally crucify whoever decided to put Muse up against Sigur Ros. AAAAARRGGHHHH!!! Thrilled to see Squeeze who I saw at Bearded Theory on Sunday and who are simply excellent live and really chuffed with Tame Impala. Also really pleased that BMTH are not up against Coldplay as I intend watching both. See ya in the mosh brothers and sisters!

As it turned out Friday is a really quiet day for what I'd like to see.

Skepta, Foals, Sigur Ros leading the way.

Saturday clashes are brutal, the likes of Wolf Alice and Madness look like they clash with Jagwar Ma and Kurt Vile.

Sunday is just as bad, as I would have seen Coldplay but they also clash with LCD Soundsystem and Grimes is on at such a time I'd miss something elsewhere to see her.

In a way I'm glad I'm not faced with such decisions this year, I'd be facing the battle of seeing something new, over seeing something special that I've already seen in years gone by and could easily choose the wrong option.

5 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Meh. Some good stuff added for me: Tame Impala, White Denim, Night Beats, Vant, Inheaven, Rat Boy

Disappointed not to see Slaves, The Coral, Radiohead, Black Honey, Spring King and a few others.

John Peel stage is really under par this year, usually spend a lot of time there too.

The John Peel Saturday line-up is shocking. John Peel would be appalled. So many great new bands that could have been booked, but instead we've got tripe like Example and Fatboy Slim. 

in contrast, with Sigur Ros, Bat for Lashes, Band of Horses and Mac DeMarco i'm seeing the most acts i've seen in there since i started attending :D and that's not even including Explosions in the Sky and M83 who i'm gutted about having to miss. although aye, there is some pap in there, although no moreso than usual i'd say

35 minutes ago, nofunciona said:

Friday recommendations please! I've only got Foals & Vince Staples nailed on. Any genres welcome!

ZZ Top (old school rock), James (Manc band with some classic hits), Sigur Ros (amazing), Richard Hawley (I love his gravelly voice), Underworld (that song), Ben Miller band (blues rock possibly), Savages (not sure how to describe them), Shades of Rhythm (rave alert)

Hadn't heard St Paul and the Broken Bones before today. I think The Other Stage is an odd place for them, but I like them a lot and will be sure to remember to go and watch their set. Alabama Shakes-esq with an Alan Carr look-a-like singing. Great voice, great band. Should go over well.

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

good stuff, although i'm lucky enough that this first set isn't clashing with anything - i anticipate the second one almost certainly will! didn't expect them back without a new album but i love the first so much that i'm totally okay with it

Foals aside they're certainly weaker looking subs than last year at least, although i'm a fan of the two of them so am glad they're both getting longer than an hour sets!

I guess I can understand why if you like the acts then being too high isn't a big issue. I think I am at the Pyramid for 3 acts this year and TLSP is only for a few songs. Their new stuff is piss poor to say the least.

For me personally the last three years have all got ever so slightly worse in terms of quality, I don't have that may clashes this year, last year they were all over the place. It's not meant as a criticism more an observation as I'll still have a great time. I think it's a shame I'm a way however that the fallow year isn't next year, I think they need the break to let things catch up and freshen the lineup up a bit.

32 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

For me personally the last three years have all got ever so slightly worse in terms of quality, I don't have that may clashes this year, last year they were all over the place. It's not meant as a criticism more an observation as I'll still have a great time. I think it's a shame I'm a way however that the fallow year isn't next year, I think they need the break to let things catch up and freshen the lineup up a bit.

On the upside, Coldplay probably won't be headlining next year 

1 hour ago, Wanderlei said:

John Otway isn't confirmed yet :-(

I feel rather peeved about that too, especially as he is also currently touring with Wild Willy Barrett and BOTH of them are available. Not sure what's happened there.

I think my tastes are becoming more neesh or I'm just getting older and less bothered about new bands. Much of the lineup, I don't even know! many of the new names I've looked into and checked out are not really doing anything special for me either.

Although there is always something for everyone at Glastonbury this lineup is actually the weakest I've ever seen in 16 years.

i reckon this year I'll just have to enjoy the vibe and not fussing about anything in particular. Which might actually be quite nice if we get some 32 degree sunshine :)

floating points, Philip glass, beck, pj harvey, James Blake, new order are all winners. Dare not check about clashes at this stage.