Lineup 2018

25 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fam before this my avi was Post Malone.

True. Does have some decent tunes on the first album written by Alex Turner though. He’s basically just like Liam Gallagher in that he gets by on help from other talents and basically his job is to stand there looking a certain way and singing in an accent. Better than The Hunna tho.

2 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

in case anyone wants an update on The Greatest Boyband In the World’s abuse scandal. 

Right move but probably awkward to execute. Guess they’ll just add his bits to the backing track (unless something worse came out) and edit him out of the forthcoming album.

Seeing as - despite the ‘boyband’ thing - they are for all intents and purposes a rap group, the others will have to pick up more of the slack between them or they’ll have to go out and get a new member. The latter would probably be better as they’re barely talented enough rappers to carry their songs at the moment.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Right move but probably awkward to execute. Guess they’ll just add his bits to the backing track (unless something worse came out) and edit him out of the forthcoming album.

yeah, no kidding. they played a festival without him yesterday and i haven’t seen any videos but apparently they just shuffled about a bit and stared down the crowd whilst the instrumental played during ameer’s parts. kind of sounds hilarious in all honesty but i do wonder how they’re going to properly go about it

8 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

in case anyone wants an update on The Greatest Boyband In the World’s abuse scandal. 

Whatever the truth of the matter, its sad that all it takes are a couple of fairly vague tweets to assert guilt these days.

2 hours ago, Vacant0 said:

Whatever the truth of the matter, its sad that all it takes are a couple of fairly vague tweets to assert guilt these days.

I mean I don't know what you'd read but there has been some pretty condemning evidence given, and Ameer has been pretty public in the past saying that he had done some shit etc. Also apparently (according to a rando on hhh so could be wrong) it was a mutual decision, which implies there is probably more we haven't heard about too.

I think it's better to look at it more that people care about how public figures conduct themselves nowadays as apposed to 10 years ago when people like R Kelly could just run around and do whatever and no one cared. (Same with Spotify taking x off their playlists etc.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vacant0 said:

The tweet you quoted clearly indicates discussions have been had behind the scenes.

Besides, just because someone can't lawyer up and take on millionaire popstars doesn't mean their accusation is invalid. Saville had to die before anyone could speak up about him because of how easily he could bring a libel or defamation suit against accusers.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The tweet you quoted clearly indicates discussions have been had behind the scenes.

Besides, just because someone can't lawyer up and take on millionaire popstars doesn't mean their accusation is invalid. Saville had to die before anyone could speak up about him because of how easily he could bring a libel or defamation suit against accusers.

And just because somebody makes an accusation doesn't automatically make it valid.

In terms of what I've seen, just the two original tweets from two women, plus another one from one of them with a screenshot of a text her mate has written. Aside from that, just several news headlines which seem to quite misleadingly use the term 'sexual abuse'. I've tried to find some 'condemning evidence' but haven't been able to find anything beyond those.

That the band have decided to fire him after speaking to him doesn't necessarily prove much - take Radar radio station deciding to close a couple of months back. Again, the decision seems to be largely because of how badly Sports Direct handled the whole thing rather than any actual allegations being properly investigated and proven. Also, take Enzo Amore, the former WWE superstar, and the allegation made against him at the beginning of the year. He was sacked after they'd spoken to him because of the bad PR and because he hadn't told them he'd been arrested, not because of any evidence that he's actually guilty of anything.

I think its interesting that you make the comparison to Jimmy Saville. Not everything is of the same scale as Saville, or Cosby or Weinstein. In fact, most things aren't - this certainly doesn't appear to be. Yet everything seems to be treated as such now.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending or excusing the Brockhampton guy's behaviour. I'm just saying that based simply on a couple of tweets and a subsequent social media storm, its kind of hard to make any real judgement on what his behaviour actually was.

1 hour ago, Vacant0 said:

And just because somebody makes an accusation doesn't automatically make it valid.

In terms of what I've seen, just the two original tweets from two women, plus another one from one of them with a screenshot of a text her mate has written. Aside from that, just several news headlines which seem to quite misleadingly use the term 'sexual abuse'. I've tried to find some 'condemning evidence' but haven't been able to find anything beyond those.

That the band have decided to fire him after speaking to him doesn't necessarily prove much - take Radar radio station deciding to close a couple of months back. Again, the decision seems to be largely because of how badly Sports Direct handled the whole thing rather than any actual allegations being properly investigated and proven. Also, take Enzo Amore, the former WWE superstar, and the allegation made against him at the beginning of the year. He was sacked after they'd spoken to him because of the bad PR and because he hadn't told them he'd been arrested, not because of any evidence that he's actually guilty of anything.

I think its interesting that you make the comparison to Jimmy Saville. Not everything is of the same scale as Saville, or Cosby or Weinstein. In fact, most things aren't - this certainly doesn't appear to be. Yet everything seems to be treated as such now.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending or excusing the Brockhampton guy's behaviour. I'm just saying that based simply on a couple of tweets and a subsequent social media storm, its kind of hard to make any real judgement on what his behaviour actually was.

Did you see the tweet where Ameer apologised for everything but breaking the law? He then continued to be in the group for two weeks and they were planning to stand by him but now suggest that they were “lied to”, and as childhood friends I doubt it’s a decision they took lightly. Why you think they’ve kicked him out based on a couple of tweets alone, I don’t know. It certainly set the ball rolling but they do have the capability to discuss things privately.

And you clearly got the wrong end of the stick with what I was saying about Savile. I’m saying it’s historically been hard to accuse the wealthy of abuse if you’re not in an advantaged position yourself and don’t have hard evidence, which, in this case, what the fuck would it be? And outing someone as a sexual abuser on this scale doesn’t necessarily mean they want them locked up either.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did you see the tweet where Ameer apologised for everything but breaking the law?

I've seen a tweet where he apologises for relationships where "I've cheated and been dismissive of my exes". Not quite an acknowledgement of 'everything' is it really?

5 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Reckon they’ll still play randl ?

I’m pretty certain that they will, it’s months away and they’re not going to stop performing and furthering their careers because of this. They played Boston Calling on the same day they announced Ameer was no longer in the group, many members of the group broke down crying during the song BLEACH, and the atmosphere on stage was tense, by the time they play RandL i’m sure they’ll be in a better position to put on a good show.