Lineup 2018

58 minutes ago, El_Mago said:

He is yeah. Which incidentally I'm very close to buying tickets for, which is why I'm itching for a R&L announcement so I can decide for certain

I'm the same way but with 2000 Trees rather than Parklife. I've had my finger on the trigger to buy for five days now, and if Leeds wants my money they'd better go soon!

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I doubt they have much influence, I expect its more if glasto wanna save them for their anniversary or get them in fresh on the first year of their new album (as i doubt now theyll have their album out before this summers dates)

Of course they have influence. Glasto will book them for whichever one they want to play.

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

You think so? I'd have thought for something as big as Glasto it's more of a play when you get the chance. If any festival can afford to be picky it's Glasto

Yeah. Glasto pays really small fees so even though it's a huge deal they probably can't be as picky as you're suggesting. Aside from legendary acts like Fleetwood Mac, I'd imagine Arctic Monkeys will be right at the top of their list to book on this album tour, especially as they've just had the two huge pop stars plus Radiohead, Foos and Coldplay over the last two years. We're really struggling for likely 2019 Glasto headliners over in that section other than Arctic Monkeys. I highly doubt they expect to get 3 headliners that are preferable to Arctic Monkeys for either 2019 or 2020 so I imagine they'd gladly take them for either.

5 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah. Glasto pays really small fees so even though it's a huge deal they probably can't be as picky as you're suggesting. Aside from legendary acts like Fleetwood Mac, I'd imagine Arctic Monkeys will be right at the top of their list to book on this album tour, especially as they've just had the two huge pop stars plus Radiohead, Foos and Coldplay over the last two years. We're really struggling for likely 2019 Glasto headliners over in that section other than Arctic Monkeys. I highly doubt they expect to get 3 headliners that are preferable to Arctic Monkeys for either 2019 or 2020 so I imagine they'd gladly take them for either.

With 2020 being the 50th anniversary surely they’d look to go big with huge returns etc. no?

1 hour ago, C14S said:

With 2020 being the 50th anniversary surely they’d look to go big with huge returns etc. no?

People always say this about anniversaries and things. Realistically it'll make no difference; they'll have the same budget and a similar amount of acts touring as every year. The only thing I can see being different is them throwing in more acts who have a special Glasto collection, or that some acts will want to be part of the anniversary so would prefer to play 2020 than 2019.

20 minutes ago, C14S said:

But bigger than usual - I know Oasis/Zeppelin ideas have floated around amongst others

Those rumours float around every year. Neither of them will even be active in 2019 and a Glasto anniversary isn't going to make them change that.