Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Right, stormzy is wireless exclusive, royal blood are way too low, so are wolf Alice, so are catfish. They haven't even bothered filling out the rest of the stages. Kind of getting sick of these cos they're all the same mistakes wise. From a jarg account driven by clicks also.

thanks for the explanation... i'll try not to fall so easily again

On 2/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, Breakfast club said:

Just went on Zeitgeists website and they still list Reading and Leeds as clients so there is no new PR company

There is 100% a new PR team for R&L. All music PR companies tend to list previous clients as well as current. 

Edited by JBarbour

22 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

If there's any confusion over Zeitgeist this is the response I got when I asked them about Reading and Leeds

Screenshot 2018-02-05 at 9.48.12 PM.png

No confusion here. Known for a while they weren't gonna use ZG this year. 

15 minutes ago, footix2 said:

New PR company explains the terrible social media stuff they'e been doing since the last festival.

I think FR do their own social media.

Zeitgeist (old R&L PR company) is one of the cheapest, poorest (IMO) PR companies festivals use. 

Edited by JBarbour

18 minutes ago, Custard320 said:

Pendulum Live for NME headline?

Would be cool to have them up against Foos... I was wondering about a Royal Blood/Pendulum co-headline a while back but it would depend on an album release and a very good reception to it. So far, their "return" has been very underwhelming.

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

Would be cool to have them up against Foos... I was wondering about a Royal Blood/Pendulum co-headline a while back but it would depend on an album release and a very good reception to it. So far, their "return" has been very underwhelming.

The album is on the way, but definitely not out before the festival season. We're getting a remix EP/album very soon though!

I was thinking a co/outright headline too, but I'm fairly bias in that respect. Agree with you though the lack of  material from them since coming back doesn't make main stage look feasible though so opted for the NME call. Rob has stated multiple times how Reading is his favourite festival to play though so here's hoping.

Do you reckon arctics would do Glasto next year alongside all the other European festivals that they didn't play/European Stadium tour (not sure if they're big enough in Europe to do a full stadium tour like the level of GNR ) or would they do Glasto 2020 and have it as like the last show of the tour?

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do you reckon arctics would do Glasto next year alongside all the other European festivals that they didn't play/European Stadium tour (not sure if they're big enough in Europe to do a full stadium tour like the level of GNR ) or would they do Glasto 2020 and have it as like the last show of the tour?

I doubt they have much influence, I expect its more if glasto wanna save them for their anniversary or get them in fresh on the first year of their new album (as i doubt now theyll have their album out before this summers dates)