Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Guess it could be:

Kendrick vs Fall Out Boy
Foos vs Imagine Dragons
Royal Blood vs Bring Me the Horizon

If the two main stages is true

I don't think they'd clash Royal Blood and BMTH. The couldn't clash them with FOB and Foo's also, and tbh I don't see Foo's clashing with ID. 

Just now, danz026 said:

I take a short break from the thread to watch the football and all kind of shit hits the fan :lol:

I’m willing to bet if there’s a second main stage it’s just a renaming of the NME (and a shift towards bigger bands on that as well as the main. Perhaps NME headliner will become the second most prestigious slot rather than main stage sub)

What would be the point though, the NME tent normally gets pretty filled for headliners as it is so putting a bigger act on it would lead to over crowding and less people in the main stage field, which doesn't struggle to fit everyone.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What would be the point though, the NME tent normally gets pretty filled for headliners as it is so putting a bigger act on it would lead to over crowding and less people in the main stage field, which doesn't struggle to fit everyone.

Sorry to clarify, they may move the location and make it bigger as well. But what I mean is there won’t be two mains and an NME. The second main stage would replace the NME 

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

He's got a lot right over the last 3 fests. A lot. Other people know the specifics more than I do of what he got right, but I know he's probably one of the most reliable on here.

And also a lot wrong. For instance this post the day before an announcement in 2016.

On 27/01/2016 at 11:55 PM, Dan Wilcox said:

Here's what I have from the same two sources that have accurately given me info the past two years...

Source 1: 

There's no headliner announced tomorrow... GNR to be confirmed as a standalone announcement in a few weeks.

Two Door Cinema Club and Imagine Dragons to be confirmed as subs tomorrow, with a handful of other acts including At the Drive-In.

Foals/Disclosure announced in late Feb/early March with the "big" announcement, when the poster is revealed and 50-60 acts are added.

Source 2:

Kanye West confirmed tomorrow, GNR out of the running until 2017. 

LCD Soundsystem also announced, presumably as a sub. 14 acts in all announced, again including TDCC, and Chvrches, in undisclosed slots. 

Both sources have provided accurate info in the past. Source 1 provided me the 2014  poster and the RHCP/1975 announcement, and Foals/Disclosure co-headline deal yet to be confirmed.  

He clearly gets some correct info, but also clearly either gets some wrong info or likes to troll. Like the above post, the info he's given us now seems very unlikely, so I think it's either false or a troll.

Why would they add a second main stage, which would cost them loads to book in addition to what they already book, when they already sell out at least Reading most years? There can't be scope for much more ticket sales, and I don't think any extra sales they make would offset the cost of booking a whole new second main stage with acts like FOB, Imagine Dragons ans BMTH headlining it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

Do you think there is a possibility they may drop the lock/the pit and/or the FR tent? I remember talk of it a year or two ago on this website.

Doubt it, though I could see them splitting the FR stage by days to include an alt pop stage (like how pit is more metal and lock up is more punk pop)

22 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Think of the clashes we could see with another main stage :unsure:

Unless they do what Sonisphere used to o and have staggered stages so one act finishes just before another comes on across two stages? 

I can totally see them getting rid of the pit / lockup. The crowds have been crap over the past couple of years. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

Do you think there is a possibility they may drop the lock/the pit and/or the FR tent? I remember talk of it a year or two ago on this website.

Nah, some of us considered that for a bit last year because there were barely any suitable acts for it on the first poster, but that's it.

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

To make it clear I really don't believe the second main stage. At all. But I do believe the acts he said could be correct.

If his info is from the same place, I say either all or none of it is correct. The acts make no sense anyway. FOB would be a stupid booking, BMTH don't look to be active. No Foos would make no sense.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Where've you heard that from?

Friend's cousin is long-term with one of their mgmt, or something. I have no purpose in troling here, I stopped going reading a few years ago. Make of it what you will but I wish I could find a bookies that would take odds for this, lol

Just now, CJTM said:

Friend's cousin is long-term with one of their mgmt, or something. I have no purpose in troling here, I stopped going reading a few years ago. Make of it what you will but I wish I could find a bookies that would take odds for this, lol

fair, it sounds very feasible so it's probably true, just wondered if you knew anything else or not aha