Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

If your able to ask for individual acts can you just ask for a big fuck-off list of every single act your source is aware of playing?

I can ask. The most he ever gave me was the top 5/6 main stage acts on each day in 2015, so we'll see.

And obviously the poster in 14.

Edited by Dan Wilcox

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

I can ask. The most he ever gave me was the top 5/6 main stage acts on each day in 2015, so we'll see.

Wait is this not the same guy as who gave you the poster?

I would believe this tbh if it wasnt for Fall Out Boy and the 2 main stage things. That makes me so suspicous

I've never been to Reading so dunno if it would possibly work there, but if the second stage info is right and it genuinely means a new, outdoor stage then the only place at Leeds I could see it working would be where Yellow camp / silent disco is currently. Obviously if that means getting rid of a camping area they may have to add another, maybe bring Brown back permanently I guess.

Idk what to make of it.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Wait is this not the same guy as who gave you the poster?

I would believe this tbh if it wasnt for Fall Out Boy and the 2 main stage things. That makes me so suspicous

FoB I can believe, the 2 stages makes it seem a bit off. Though who knows, as has been mentioned perhaps this is in part why an announcement has taken so long...

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

FoB I can believe, the 2 stages makes it seem a bit off. Though who knows, as has been mentioned perhaps this is in part why an announcement has taken so long...

This must be the quickest a headliner has ever returned tho right? Like Paramore coming back was iffy because of how quick it was

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I've never been to Reading so dunno if it would possibly work there, but if the second stage info is right and it genuinely means a new, outdoor stage then the only place at Leeds I could see it working would be where Yellow camp / silent disco is currently. Obviously if that means getting rid of a camping area they may have to add another, maybe bring Brown back permanently I guess.

Idk what to make of it.

Definitely no where to put a second main stage on the Reading site, the stages are already very close together.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This must be the quickest a headliner has ever returned tho right? Like Paramore coming back was iffy because of how quick it was

Biffy went from outright headliner to coheadliner in 3 years. But tbf FoB weren't really a coheadliner, they had a shorter set than Biffy and subbed them at both R&L. I think that whole coheadline thing in 2016 was to make Biffy look stronger considering they'd only headlined 3 years prior.

Edit: sorry I read your post slightly wrong, thought you said 'turned' as in demoted rather than 'returned' aha

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Only thing I'm worried about now is if there are 2 main stages and those acts were right that Dan mentioned (FOB, Royal Blood, Kendrick, BMTH, Imagine Dragons), then perhaps they're getting 6 'coheadliners' to outright headline the two main stages and not book any massive bands like Foos / AM etc. Don't think that'll necessarily happen but who knows at this point.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Only thing I'm worried about now is if there are 2 main stages and those acts were right that Dan mentioned (FOB, Royal Blood, Kendrick, BMTH, Imagine Dragons), then perhaps they're getting 6 'coheadliners' to outright headline the two main stages and not book any massive bands like Foos / AM etc. Don't think that'll necessarily happen but who knows at this point.

Surely not, that would sell like shit.

How come this Dan has information, I understand people are believing a little bit of what he's said but any evidence to believe him? If Foo Fighters don't then that contradicts what we have been saying thus being disappointing, and if AM don't then it could be a disappointing lineup...

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How come this Dan has information, I understand people are believing a little bit of what he's said but any evidence to believe him? If Foo Fighters don't then that contradicts what we have been saying thus being disappointing, and if AM don't then it could be a disappointing lineup...

He has a contact who knows stuff. He's the guy who leaked the 2014 announcement early

If you'd read the thread you'd know he leaked the entire 2014 poster and has been right other times aswell. 

He's got a lot right over the last 3 fests. A lot. Other people know the specifics more than I do of what he got right, but I know he's probably one of the most reliable on here.

Just now, Edduk98 said:

I agree, we have been saying foos are near enough nailed on then suddenly everything changes to foos not likely to headline?? No offence and its all cool to speak about this stuff but Dan doesn't have any evidence of anything he is saying?? 

no one is saying Foos aren't likely anymore, they're just not one of the names Dan mentioned

I take a short break from the thread to watch the football and all kind of shit hits the fan :lol:

I’m willing to bet if there’s a second main stage it’s just a renaming of the NME (and a shift towards bigger bands on that as well as the main. Perhaps NME headliner will become the second most prestigious slot rather than main stage sub)