box of red wine

shuttlep

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Get some goon imported from down under, lovely stuff :)

Failing that, I remember @The Nal recommending a box that I bought from Sainsburys a few years ago that went down well. It was their own stuff, though I cannot remember it's name. 

Yeah this one. Few years running now. Quite decent and can survive a bit of rough and tumble.

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

cheers guys , think I will try one from Aldi and one froms sainburys

@big__phil I knwo what you mean about not having both. but for 7 am Saturday morning my palette isn't really functioning  

Ha, very true. A box of wine is always my drink of choice on the Weds, as it's usually too early to hit the hard stuff. It's when I go back and finish what's left on the Sunday that I really start to struggle...

29 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's odd, I hink the law is 10am, but you can buyt booze at sainsburys in manc picadilly at 7am

In the old days (I worked in a shop) the law was 8am Mon-Sat and then 10am on a Sundays.

This no longer applies now since 24 hour licencing came in and its up to the discretion of the shop and in my experience they just sell it whenever. My Sainsburys open at 7am and I have bought it prior to 8am as an example.

5 hours ago, rubenz said:

I've tried many a boxed wine and the sainsbury own brand ones are pretty decent. I like to mix it up with a rose as well nowadays. 

Is rose drinkable warm, never thought it would be nice. 
Charm x

7 hours ago, big__phil said:

Ha, very true. A box of wine is always my drink of choice on the Weds, as it's usually too early to hit the hard stuff. It's when I go back and finish what's left on the Sunday that I really start to struggle...

God it's wine that is the hard stuff for me :D 

I'll be starting on the spirits then hitting the wine lol

I was having this on versatile yesterday with my brothers girlfriend as she insists the only drink she can have not chilled is red wine! 

Last year she and my mother loaded up on supermarket (aldi or Sainsbury) boxed red. Yeh it's obviously no chateauneuf du pape, but it's drinkable! 

56 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Nope.  Red is meant to be drank at room temp so it's drinkable "Unchilled" but white, rose and sparkling all should be chilled. 

55 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

It's not too bad, but I am used to it now I think. Ideally should be served nicely chilled in the hot sun but needs must and red wine can be a bit of a slog on a summers day. Chuck it under the tent in a cool bag overnight and hope for the best! 

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Personally I couldn't do rose warm, but some can some can't. 

I find the warmer red wine is the nicer it is. Much smoother, I can't stand a cool red wine! So it's the perfect tipple for a festival really lol 

Last time I went our beers were always nice and cold in the morning for some reason. Must be the cold through the night and the sun hadn't got to them yet. Mind you, I'm a get up at 8.30am and get right on it kinda person so for those who like a long lie this might not happen lol.