box of red wine

shuttlep

1 minute ago, pinkmolly226 said:

Personally I couldn't do rose warm, but some can some can't. 

I find the warmer red wine is the nicer it is. Much smoother, I can't stand a cool red wine! So it's the perfect tipple for a festival really lol 

Until you wake up the next day with red furry teeth and a terrible banging headache!:blink::D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Until you wake up the next day with red furry teeth and a terrible banging headache!:blink::D

Oh that's true.....never considered that. Red wine headache is the last thing you want. I've got a headache thinking about it now lol

49 minutes ago, rubenz said:

It's not too bad, but I am used to it now I think. Ideally should be served nicely chilled in the hot sun but needs must and red wine can be a bit of a slog on a summers day. Chuck it under the tent in a cool bag overnight and hope for the best! 

Thanks hun, will give it a whirl as red wine ruins me these days, this looks like a bargain. 
Charm x

http://groceries.asda.com/product/boxed-wine/echo-falls-white-zinfandel-boxed/910000429428

48 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That wasn't the question. I took a box of rosé and it was totally drinkable, no matter how it's supposed to be served.

Who are you, the answer-police?

The question was "Is rose drinkable warm, never thought it would be nice"

I answered 'Nope' (reasonable for a question requiring a yes/no answer) and then I explained my reasoning. To be fair, I've just completed 12 months sobriety so my opinion isn't exactly up to date, but I've had enough in the past to give me quite an idea on these things.  Most of my wine snob friends would argue Rose is never drinkable in any state. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, my dear!

9 minutes ago, bekimo said:

Who are you, the answer-police?

The question was "Is rose drinkable warm, never thought it would be nice"

I answered 'Nope' (reasonable for a question requiring a yes/no answer) and then I explained my reasoning. To be fair, I've just completed 12 months sobriety so my opinion isn't exactly up to date, but I've had enough in the past to give me quite an idea on these things.  Most of my wine snob friends would argue Rose is never drinkable in any state. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, my dear!

Sorry, that was a grumpy reply!

One thing I've found with wine boxes is that if you take the plastic bag out of the box when it appears to be empty often you find almost a whole glassful left that can then be squeezed out.  So make sure you don't waste good (or bad) whatever you've bought.

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Since 24 hours law came in it's just down to individual licences. Not been since car parks started opening Tuesday night but always used to meet at the sainsbury's in street - or round there not sure exact town - before it opened and buy booze as soon as it did at eight so unless their licence has changed it'll be fine. 

Yes no real time restrictions on alcohol sales now at big supermarkets now.

I remember the days before the licensing laws changed there'd always be a handful of people hanging around that Sainsburys on the Wednesday morning (I was often very I'll after spending the whole overnight drive down from up north 'testing the supplies') waiting for 9 am when they opened the alcohol isles. In those days the car parks didn't open until 10am on the Wednesday and hardly anyone turned up at that time.  

so-i-tied-an-onion-to-my-belt.jpg

Edited by fur_q

9 hours ago, Charm said:

Thanks for drinkable rose report anyway s2hats, I hate what red wine does to my head, teeth and lips, it's not pretty. 
Charm x

I didn't get the cheapest bag/box though. Everyone who tried it seemed very surprised that it was drinkable, so be prepared to spend a bit more.

This was 2014, so I can't remember any specific brands.

14 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Since 24 hours law came in it's just down to individual licences. Not been since car parks started opening Tuesday night but always used to meet at the sainsbury's in street - or round there not sure exact town - before it opened and buy booze as soon as it did at eight so unless their licence has changed it'll be fine. 

As long as I can but booze in Sainsburys in Taunton at 8am I'll be happy.

I'm planning on taking a couple of boxes of red from Aldi and whenever it's super hot and sunny in the day time (which, of course, it will be) I'll buy a bottle of Sprite and make myself a refreshing tinto de verano.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I didn't get the cheapest bag/box though. Everyone who tried it seemed very surprised that it was drinkable, so be prepared to spend a bit more.

This was 2014, so I can't remember any specific brands.

Thanks, bought an echo falls Zinfandel in asda this morning, hoping it will be ok, also noticed boxed cocktails, bought a few tins in different flavours for testing. 
Charm x

13 minutes ago, Charm said:

Thanks, bought an echo falls Zinfandel in asda this morning, hoping it will be ok, also noticed boxed cocktails, bought a few tins in different flavours for testing. 
Charm x

Echo Falls Zin Rose is what they sell at the bars on site mainly. £4.50 a pop for a quarter bottle I think. Spend a fortune on it in 2013 so decided never again. Always BYOB. Fine dropping some ice into it too. Dangerously easy to drink.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

*Grammar police. 

There are many of us. And if you remove one head, two will take their place. 

'hail grammar'

she bit , yes you are the grammar police

calm down

there 

their

they're