new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

3 hours ago, Marie Dewet said:

Hi !

I'm Marie, 25yo and I'm French. I went to glastonbury in 2010 and that was the best festival I ever went to!!!!

Every year I want to go back but every year nobody can go with me, because they dont have the budget or can't get holidays.
I was wondering if anyone is also alone to go and if I could go with somebody... Because I won't go there alone..

Thank you so much :) !

If you're going alone Marie take a look at this thread.  It's a group set up for people who are going to the festival on their own so they camp together and get a chance to meet some people.  And welcome!

On 21/04/2016 at 11:55 AM, eFestivals said:

Welcome to the madness. :)

As a gentle introduction for any new people, feel free to introduce yourself here before you dive right in.

Hi everyone,

Joining a couple of months before my fifth consecutive Glaston pilgrimage. It doesn't get any less exciting. Or terrifying pre-ticket sale and lineup announcement. If anyone is looking for a curated Glasto playlist, taking in [almost] all announced acts, here you are. I hope it hits the spot. 

H

Hullo all,

I haven't been active on efests in quite some time, glad to be back. I am still hopeful of securing a ticket for Glastonbury in the resale, although it's highly unlikely I'll be successful. I've been trying for years in the Coach and General sales without any luck, and I'm only trying to get one for myself, so no large group to contribute to attempts. In the unlikely event that I am successful, I'll be looking to tag along with some of you if you'll have me! My wife will be away and can't go:(

Any tips for getting one of the golden tickets next Thursday or Sunday?

Edited by The Boaby
typo

Hi all,

ive just signed up to the forum although I have lurked here in the past. I missed out on a ticket in the main sale this time but if I manage to pick up a resale ticket this week this will be my 6th Glastonbury. All of my friends have tickets and I'll be devastated if I can't go! 

Hi all,

I've been a lurker for years (apparently with 70-odd posts - don't remember these!) but due to being excited for this year's fest, i might do the odd post, so hello :)

Hope all those going have a grand time and good luck for those trying in the resale!

Daisy

Hi all,

Just discovered this forum after I googled "going to Glastonbury alone", because I am indeed, going to Glastonbury alone, as my friends were unable to secure tickets this morning.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

31 minutes ago, dm3003 said:

Hi all,

Just discovered this forum after I googled "going to Glastonbury alone", because I am indeed, going to Glastonbury alone, as my friends were unable to secure tickets this morning.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's probably been mentioned previously in this thread, but the best advice I can give you is to sign up with Camp Solo -

Where you'll find lots of friendly people in the same situation.

• Upvote 1

Long time lurker, just signed up here today as managed to get resale tix for me and a mate - we're both buzzing. It's his first time and my third (my second on a resale ticket - I seem to have better luck second time round!)

So excited! As there's only 2 of us and we're very sociable types, would be great to know about any meetups happening etc :)

On 4/23/2017 at 2:37 PM, wiremog said:

Long time lurker, just signed up here today as managed to get resale tix for me and a mate - we're both buzzing. It's his first time and my third (my second on a resale ticket - I seem to have better luck second time round!)

So excited! As there's only 2 of us and we're very sociable types, would be great to know about any meetups happening etc :)

welcome, you're going to have so much fun. I am bringing a friend who has never been before. i cant wait to show him around.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:52 PM, Person 2 said:

Unbelieveably excited after me and my mate got tickets in the resale. But a bit nervous like some of the others as would like to know about any meet ups before hand so we dont get lonely :) 

you can never get lonely at Glastonbury 

18 hours ago, Rylbld9 said:

Lurked a fair bit before but decided to sign up now that I've secured tickets to my first ever Glasto. Going to be a long couple of months!

a virgin, if only i coudl go back it is so amazing to see it for the first time

17 hours ago, frazzlee said:

Signed up for an account years ago but never did anything with it. Have been going to Glasto every year it's been on since 2010 and lurked on these forums for ages in the past just to get me even more excited! 

lets home this year is as hot as 2010

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2017 at 2:37 PM, wiremog said:

There's an efests meet up on the Wednesday evening from 6pm onwards. It's been held at the Ridge & Furrow in the Cabaret Field for the last few years, but I think it's yet to be confirmed for this year (but I may have missed the announcement). There's also a NFR NFC meet up of efesters on the Thursday. I haven't heard of the time and place for this yet, but if you follow the NFRNFC thread I'm sure it will be confirmed soonish there.

• Upvote 1