new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

3 hours ago, Lauringtonzini said:

How much practice is necessary in the safe haven of the new here thread before venturing out onto the main board?

None at all, go for it. Just remember to leave here every once in a while to eat and see people.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lauringtonzini said:

First of all there's nothing wrong with a good meal of potatoes and cheese.

Secondly, Tartiflette is so much more than just potatoes and cheese. I don't know what they put in that shit but its like eating gods own flesh it's that good. Get a sausage on top and you might as well go straight home cos your glasto experience aint gonna get better than that.

I like your guinea pig. I think we could be friends. Do you enjoy the futility of searching for world famous French house robots in obscure locations in the misguided hope that they'll still party like it's 2007?

This is absolutely ridiculous. Tartiflette is less than potatoes and cheese to me. It's less than Coldplay to me.

4 hours ago, Lauringtonzini said:

Do you enjoy the futility of searching for world famous French house robots in obscure locations in the misguided hope that they'll still party like it's 2007?

Of course....a little bit less than guine pigs in sombreros, but quite a lot more than Pablo Honey :)

Hello there! I'm Ashley. This site and particularly the 'what have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2016 / 2017' has got me through many a dreary lunch time desk salad! Absolutely love reading everyone's comments, ideas and stories. Have been to Glastonbury twice and had the best time. Hoping to bag myself some re-sale tickets this year. Thanks to all of you for the invaluable info I've gleaned from lurking here for the past two years. Peace!

• Upvote 1

Been using this board for info since my first year (last year)! Nabbed tickets again and I'll be flying in from Canada. I'm too obsessed so had to join in and introduce myself. It's the best time I've ever had and can't wait for another magical year with you people! 

Xx

• Upvote 1

Hi all, I'm Jen. I'm a Long Time Lurker (my profile says I've been a member since 2005, yet this is my first post!)

I've been to Glasto once, back in 2009, so this year will be my second foray into the unknown. This year I'm flying solo from Scotland. I'm a bit apprehensive, but hope to nestle myself in Darble with the other Soloists!

I'm a big Foo fan, but other than that, hope to meander the site from area to area, catching the performance arts and soaking in the atmosphere. 

I enjoy reading the forum, some of you are hilarious! and I hope to meet up with a few fellow e-fest posters at the Wednesday meet. I'll keep my eyes peeled and now return to the shadows where I've been gathering dust for 12 years...

On 3/22/2017 at 3:58 PM, grumpyhack said:

What part of France?  My village in South Wales is twinned with Sautron, not far from Nantes and I've spent the last seven years visiting Nice at least once a year, though never done a real French Festival, just the Nice Carnival.

I flew Standstead to Nice once with a shed load of cocaine on me. I'll not go in to it, but it was a VERY close shave. Then I get to Nice railway station pissed as a fart on my way to Marseille, and I saw before me two gendarmerie with two sniffer dogs walking towards me. Shitty bollocks I thought to myself, this is when and where I get rumbled. Fortunately they stopped at two blokes in the seat in front of me, and then my train came and I legged it on it. I then got to my hotel which overlooked the Château d'If, and proceeded to snort coke and drink red wine like it was going out of fashion. lol As if it ever is going to.

Hi I'm Michael.  Part time lurker, full time procrastinator.

This summer will mark my 3rd visit to Glastonbury, however I haven't been since 2010 so I'm hoping to have that 'first time feel' all over again.

Eagerly anticipating the lineup being released, and then spending the next 3 months agonising over the inevitable clashes and listening to @Brave Sir Robin's Spotify playlist.  Looking forward to chatting to you all!

On 3/28/2017 at 5:49 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I flew Standstead to Nice once with a shed load of cocaine on me. I'll not go in to it, but it was a VERY close shave. Then I get to Nice railway station pissed as a fart on my way to Marseille, and I saw before me two gendarmerie with two sniffer dogs walking towards me. Shitty bollocks I thought to myself, this is when and where I get rumbled. Fortunately they stopped at two blokes in the seat in front of me, and then my train came and I legged it on it. I then got to my hotel which overlooked the Château d'If, and proceeded to snort coke and drink red wine like it was going out of fashion. lol As if it ever is going to.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:50 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apologies - I meant to say - welcome to all those who are posting for the first time. :)

I love you Yog

10 hours ago, Chawk said:

Please, do go into it!

OK, will do. It started with the journey down to Stanstead which followed an all nighter. I was travelling with my then girlfriend (although one could easily substitute sociopath for girlfriend) and was drinking and snorting on the way to the airport from Birmingham. We arrived at the airport and I was more than a little bit drunk. On our way in to the airport I thought to myself 'where am I going to put all these wraps of coke that I'd bought and which were in my wallet'? Then I just thought 'fuck it, they can stay in my wallet'.

When we both got to check in something amazing happened, and it took place in this order;

(1) The check in staff informed us that the tickets that I had handed to them were for a flight that took place the previous day.

(2) My then girlfriend went in to a shouting, balling, and unforgiving rage at me. It just went on and on until she stormed off to another part of the airport. I looked up at the check in staff, who had witnessed this onslaught in front of them, and guess what they said? They said that it was no problem and that we could fly on that days flight as there were spare places on it. Not only that but they obviously took pity on me and said that they'd do it for free (it ain't often they do that).

(3) I then managed to get my girlfriend back to check in and they checked us in. I had wanted to get the ladies behind the check in some flowers, but to do that would have set her indoors off again, so I couldn't.

After this we then went to go through security. As I was a bit shaken from my girlfriends bollocking and being the worse for wear, I actually forgot to put my wallet in to one of them plastic bin things. This meant that when I walked through the x ray scanner, it went off and an alarm sounded. It was then that I realised that I still had my wallet in my pocket, and that it contained a lot of cocaine. When the security bloke came up to me I said ' It's because I've left my wallet in my pocket'. He then asked me to take it out of my pocket and hand it to him, which I did. I thought that was it, that this is the point I get publicly arrested in an airport. There was no way, as in at all, that he wouldn't see the coke wraps as there was quite a few of them. However, he didn't look in to the wallet! No, instead, he unfolded the wallet and gently bent it along the whole length of the seam. He then handed it back to me and said that he had just been looking to see if I had a blade in there. So, I walked through putting my wallet in my back pocket as I did so, and then heard an 'excuse me sir, do you mind following me'? Once again, I thought my goose was cooked. However, it just turned out to be another security guard who wanted me to take my boots off (it wasn't compulsory to do so then as it is now) because I had quite thick soles on my boots, and he wanted to check that I hadn't stashed anything in the soles etc. Then he let me on my way.

Now you see why I was reluctant to go in to it, because it involves a fair bit of writing.

PS - I've done something as stupid again since, although this time it was my wife that was carrying about £800 worth of methedrone in her carry on luggage. There's another story there too, but I'll stop there for now. :)

• Upvote 2

Hi, Benny here.  Long time listener, first time caller.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  Been on here quite a bit the last few weeks looking for rumours and waiting for the line-up to drop, so thought it's about time I signed up!

This year will be Glasto #5, with the other four being 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2014.  Would have been more in between if I could have got tickets.

On 24/03/2017 at 3:12 PM, SallyFaulknerStantonWarrio said:

This forum is absolutely mental and I don't understand any of you

You'll get used to us soon enough and, when you do, you too will start talking to your real life friends about the monorail, Philippa's van, growlers and the benefits of Ghandi's flip-flop -vs- tartiflette -vs- oggies, and why nine must equate to Pablo Honey.  You will wonder why they are looking at you slightly weirdly and then have a little smile to yourself when you remember that those are conversations you've heard your virtual friends have.  There's a lovely bunch of people in these here forums.  Welcome.